• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

I dont really consider that place a traditional flea market, because these people rent and operate small individual booths and mostly sell a bunch of wholesale stuff like Rebel Flag shirts, belts, beach towels, As Seen on TV stuff, ect. When I think of Flea market I am thinking of people bringing their stuff from home, renting a table, and selling their used stuff. These people sell wholesale stuff everyday for a living.

No, it was the Myrtle Beach Flea Market just past the 17 Business entrance to Market Common.

The North Myrtle indoor market has NOTHING of significance in it. Neither does the outdoor market in Little River. Might have to drive down to MB and check that place out. Pretty sure last time I was down there that place wasn't a flea market.

Wolf's Flea market in Palatine Il is this exact set-up. Aisles upon aisles of basically garbage, vendors offering haircuts, shelves of old CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes.....

the one in the old menards? - last time i was there they had 2 places to look - one guy near the concessions stand with some ok stuff - but he priced everything at "overstreet" with the whopping great deal of 30% off....... - course he was using the HIGHEST overstreet price even though the majority of his books were nowhere near mint.

Other guy was in the back right corner. Boxes and boxes of 1990+ books. Probably some worrthwhile stuff - but I did not have time to go through much. No idea what he was charging either.

That guy in the back right corner might look like he has some worthwhile stuff, but he doesn't. I went through every long box he had and found nothing worthwhile.

Picked up a large collection today. About 850 comics, about 100 loose vintage Star Wars figures, about 50 loose vintage GI Joe figures (no straight arms, most NM but incomplete), some boxed Star Wars vehicles (boxes are a bit beat) a TON of Star Wars loose parts/pieces (mostly beat up, but 3 Falcons, 4 Snowspeeders, Jabba, a couple 12" dolls). Nearly all loose Star Wars vehicles are beat up, but a few things are cleanable like the Twin Pod Cloud Car and Jabba. Most of the figures are in very nice shape but about half are complete. Four SW carrying cases, two custom made wall cases, a boxed talking alarm clock, about 15 loose GI Joe vehicles, about 10 different vintage Dungeons & Dragons books/modules and about 25 autographed modern comic books. Most of the comics are Silver & Bronze, with large (75+ issue) runs of Star-Spangled War Stories, Iron Man, Star Wars and Wolverine (1988). Quite a bit more Silver Age then you'd see in a normal Craigslist collection with even some Golden Age (pretty much beat up). About 20 SA X-Men, 25 Avengers, 15 TTA/Hulk, 25+ TOS/Cap, 20+ Flash, etc. Mostly low to mid grade with more beaters than VF, but still worth selling.

It's nice to be on the way home from a score with my car bursting full of vintage collectibles. I enjoy this quite a bit.

Peace,

Chip

Wow, that's quite a haul. Very nice!

Patrick

If y'all will indulge me I snapped some pics this morning. It's one way I can keep track of what I buy and from where. I won't post pics of all the loose SW vehicles and parts and stuff...there's just too much and it's mostly junk to part out. The Star Wars and Wolverine comics take up a full long box and there's a full short box of Iron Man and another of Star Spangled War. It'll take me a while to organize and clean up all this, though I'm hoping it will only take a few days. :)

14549554994_71ebb6e127_o.jpg

14364656547_11397c6e33_o.jpg

14571217023_a9ed20c900_o.jpg

14364654607_d3b3d25b2a_o.jpg

14551228155_db2f689e43_o.jpg

14364655237_d43d0e8449_o.jpg

14364445260_f4aef76a46_o.jpg

14547709171_f5717c218f_o.jpg

14364516538_a6f1842e4d_o.jpg

14551112645_e2f0c51671_o.jpg

14547711321_e4dec468ae_o.jpg

14551108235_09d96cc168_o.jpg

14528029766_ae64d983b7_o.jpg

14571217873_3d7f5029fd_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Woo, Good Haul Chip. The Star Spangled War Stories brought back memories. Although I did not see the issue I remember, I do remember buying it as a kid because it had a dinosaur on the cover. I still have it plus a few others as I liked the dinosaur covers, so now I will have to dig them out again when I can.

Nice score Chip.Those D&D books & modules sure bring back the memories of all weekend gaming marathons.And no,I didn't have much of a life back then.

Check the Monster Manual if it has the Elric entry.Moorecock didn't give them permission and they had to take it out of later edition.

Hit up an antique mart over an hour away this afternoon. Spent more on gas and PA turnpike tolls than the books. Everything was $2 or $3 except the Witches Tales #27, pre-code Harvey horror which was $10. It was the only golden age book the place had, but it made my day :grin:

<a  href=HAUL-701_zps15a64353.jpg' alt='HAUL-701_

Nice score Chip.Those D&D books & modules sure bring back the memories of all weekend gaming marathons.And no,I didn't have much of a life back then.

I was thinking the same thing, that Player's Handbook :cloud9:

I had that module with the green cover when I was 10, I wish I knew what happened to my stack of those. Really good memories, nice pickups!

Here are a few scans of books I picked up at an estate sale in Coupeville WA.

These were just 3 out of around 60 books I picked up for a very reasonable amount.

I'd never owned a Flash 106 so it'll be a fun read, and the Four Color will fit into my 15 cent postage stamp rack quite nicely.

Madhouse has always been a title I've enjoyed....

148388.jpg.e434b84acabac954eacd813580514f94.jpg

148389.jpg.bbb996eb37e427ac28d04e17030dd9c8.jpg

148390.jpg.4cebbfa9bd702e15668b68a191f059e0.jpg

Check the Monster Manual if it has the Elric entry.Moorecock didn't give them permission and they had to take it out of later edition.

I might be wrong but I think Elric was in Deities and Demigods.

Yeah it was the first and second printing of Deities and Demigods that had both Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythoi. But Chaosium had the license for both, so TSR took them out on the third printing. But the Red Box is a classic as are B2, B3 and X2. B3 is also interesting it was the first module written by a woman, and there is a rare orange cover variant that is worth some nice money. TSR had this version destroyed before the release due to some questionable content and other issues. The green copy is a revised version.