• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

I have yet to find anything worth purchasing locally.

Everyone always has comics but they are "in the house" and they have the first spider man, yada yada. But they never produce them

Everything else for sale is either Xforce or manga.f Would have love to find Bone in that condition.

I have an extensive collection of sci fi and fantasy paperbacks though. So I got that going for me.

I have yet to find anything worth purchasing locally.

Everyone always has comics but they are "in the house" and they have the first spider man, yada yada. But they never produce them

Everything else for sale is either Xforce or manga.f Would have love to find Bone in that condition.

I have an extensive collection of sci fi and fantasy paperbacks though. So I got that going for me.

The way you get a crack at those other books....

"Oh really, I've not ever seen one in person but if you'd like I can give you a free appraisal of it and any other books you have."

Usually conveying a genuine sense of excitement is enough to get people to let you look at the stuff that's "in the house" and other times they just don't want to be bothered with it because it's in a junk room that they'd have to wade through.

Good day today from a Craigslist add...... Along with the below I picked up 3 long boxes . Runs of ASM from 260 - 340 , multiple copies of Hulk McFarlands and nice runs of xfactor, hulk, Thor, action, Tec, Bats and Groo.............tons of newsstand issues as well.

3cecc4923c80d21c631f639d0a4116b0_zps967399b1.jpg

Very very sweet! Love those ASMs.

I've actually got a 4-longbox collection coming in that someone I've bought from before called me about. It supposedly has lots and lots of late-silver & early-bronze goodness in it. It wasn't that local...about a 10-hour round-trip drive to get it, so I'm having it shipped in via Fedex. Satisfaction guaranteed by the seller or my money back (plus I'm protected by Paypal) so I figured I'd take a flier on it.

Here's hoping!

Peace,

Chip

Good day today from a Craigslist add...... Along with the below I picked up 3 long boxes . Runs of ASM from 260 - 340 , multiple copies of Hulk McFarlands and nice runs of xfactor, hulk, Thor, action, Tec, Bats and Groo.............tons of newsstand issues as well.

3cecc4923c80d21c631f639d0a4116b0_zps967399b1.jpg

Nice man! I wish I could find a 300 somewhere lol

Today I went to an antique shop that I've never been to before, got a few good books for $2.50 each- Batman Mad Love 1st print, Superman 500 platinum sealed, R Crumb's ZAP #4 original, a few 1971 Creepy mags and then this happened... Almost full, has 29 sealed packs....

<a  href=SWbox_zps9c5f84e6.jpg' alt='SWbox_zps9c5

Today I went to an antique shop that I've never been to before, got a few good books for $2.50 each- Batman Mad Love 1st print, Superman 500 platinum sealed, R Crumb's ZAP #4 original, a few 1971 Creepy mags and then this happened... Almost full, has 29 sealed packs....

<a  href=SWbox_zps9c5f84e6.jpg' alt='SWbox_zps9c5

Don't eat the gum.

p><p> DonI gave my little brother a few 1986 garbage pail kids but the deal was he had to eat all the gum. It was awesome.

div><div class="ipsSpoiler_contents"><p><a  href=SWbox_zps9c5f84e6.jpg' alt='SWbox_zps9c5

WOW phenomenal pickup! For those that don't know, those Star Wars cards go for a TON online.

Edited by snowman28

10yjm82.jpg

Nothing major but a few to flip for a couple of bucks.

I know its the worst picture I have ever taken. I hate camera phones, camera gear is packed for a shoot tomorrow so it will have to do.

I would say this is a great pickup. What prints are the Superman 75 books?

10yjm82.jpg

Nothing major but a few to flip for a couple of bucks.

I know its the worst picture I have ever taken. I hate camera phones, camera gear is packed for a shoot tomorrow so it will have to do.

I would say this is a great pickup. What prints are the Superman 75 books?

1st and 4th

I received that collection I posted about the other day and there's a lot of good stuff in there. Some big animation books, a few hardcovers, and about 1,300 comics. Most of the Silver Age is DC and lower grade, but there's some nice early Bronze stuff that is mid-grade (DC) and higher grade (Marvel). Here's a photo with some of the highlights...

15363632692_90068ee288_o.jpg

Everything was shipped completely disorganized and mostly NOT in bags, let alone bagged & boarded. There were probably 100 Gold Key/Whitman, 100 Richie Rich and the rest split between DC and Marvel. There was a small incomplete ASM run from the early 70's to 108 (including the drug books but not 100), about 100 DC horror books, 50 coverless (including MSH #18) and about 300 drek books from the early 1990s (no Image, and in nice shape, but...still drek).

I just bought about 300 Silver Age bags & boards to keep the nice stuff nice. It's always cool to sort through something like this...lots of fun! :)

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo