• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Are mid/upper mid grade bona fetts worth much? He had a dozen. I grabbed a vf-ish copy for the heck of it. I could have deg more and left a maybe pile behind. Happynronfimd anything. Flea markets have not been favorable for comics.

I will try to go back tomorrow. He is not a regular and I am not sure how often he does or will set up. First time I have ever seen him.

If I can snag multiples then I would be happy to pass along the good deal. I did a quick phone ebay check there, but clearly did not do a good research job! I knew it was a nice little SW key, but unsure of value.

I really enjoy this thread... Because there are 6 great flea markets within a 50 mile radius of my home and on most weekends I will go to at least 3... However, most weekends I come home empty handed... But when I read this thread, it reminds me of the thrill of the hunt! I'm always excited to see and read about everyone's finds!

Well, I just had another successful buy. :grin:

This did not come by way of Craig's List or Flea Market. I found this through pure luck. With the few collections I have bought, word of mouth and luck have served me better overall than the internet.

So anyway, I just started going to the gym again 2 weeks ago. This week, as I am finishing up and doing my stretches, a local guy whom my wife knows (she use to work for the one and only real antique business where I live) starts asking me if I would be "in" for participating in a local collectables show in the Spring (he knows I buy and sell comics).

As we are talking about it on the mats, a different guy chimes in and says he has a bunch of comics he needs to unload and asks me if I'd take a look. We exchange phone numbers. That was Wednesday. This morning, he calls me at 9:30 AM and we arrange to meet in the afternoon. After some loooong negotiations,I walked away with:

A few issues shy of a near complete run of Avengers from #183 - #229 + Giant Size Annual #2,3,5,6 and King Size Annuals #7,8,9,11

A few issues shy of a near complete run of Fantastic Four from #159 to #254 with King Size Annuals #12, 13,14,16 and 17

The real joy though was that I also picked up an assortment of other 1st appearances and some sweet early silver age FF issues...

2_zpsa74f57d9.jpg

dd168_zps1b43d6f7.jpg

tt2_zps8847e7b0.jpg

ff18_zpsd9c2a754.jpg

ff44_zpsa185dba4.jpg

ff53_zpsc5e94487.jpg :cloud9:

ff56_zpsff713394.jpg

The guy has a few more things I am going to do some R&D and go back to see what we can work out but most of the good stuff, I got ;)

those silver books look in great shape as does the DD168

Thank You!

The FF #18 is rough on the outside but the cover is attached and the pages insides are pretty good and complete actually. The DD is really, really nice, will be going to CGC as will the FF #44 and #53, might send the #56 too. Some of the other ones in the top pic are going too.

Anyone know anything about Little Big Books and/or "Marvel Illustrated", these tiny little novel looking books - I might ask in CG...

Sure, what'cha got?

Peace,

Chip

The dude also had a small box full of random Little Big Books, I didn't take a pic as I never thought of it...Same thing with the Marvel Illustrated books...There were some DC ones that looked the same too...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I used to have about 35 of them...the only one I kept was the FF hardcover one, for sentimental reasons. :)

On the Marvel/DC books, are you talking about ones that are this size/shape?

$_57.JPG

Peace,

Chip

To be honest, I was too distracted with the other books but I *think* so...Either way the guy was open to me going back there anytime so I probably will and see if I can work out a deal for his other odds and sods I found interesting...

those silver books look in great shape as does the DD168

Thank You!

The FF #18 is rough on the outside but the cover is attached and the pages insides are pretty good and complete actually. The DD is really, really nice, will be going to CGC as will the FF #44 and #53, might send the #56 too. Some of the other ones in the top pic are going too.

Great find of books.