• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Go - you never know what you may pick up.

A neighbour died one year and I went to her estate sale. No comics (even though I remember her having lots of Archie stuff that I read incessantly as a kid when my mom would go to visit) but I found some Bob Timberlake Christmas place settings, 8 boxes or so. Picked them up for $50, resold them for over $600.

-slym

Indeed... Went up last Summer and found the place; owner collected comics and most of his stock in the store (6-7 long boxes) is from the 70-80's. Got to talking and he told me that the store boxes are replenished from what's left at home. Gave him a list of issues and a couple of days later he had a long and short box of better books. Just missed out on an IM 128 by less than an hour by someone who checked out the short box first. Overall a good deal for both of us and made a new friend.

Been a good year for finding collections and smaller groups of books... Had a dry spell for quite awhile before. Hoping everyone finds some awesome stuff in '15.

Just picked up about 400+ Bronze Age books from Craigslist with some light silver and gold mixed in....haven't really sorted it all yet but the DC war alone justified the purchase.
About this DC war...

you'll find them in mystery box 45 and 46

Just picked up about 400+ Bronze Age books from Craigslist with some light silver and gold mixed in....haven't really sorted it all yet but the DC war alone justified the purchase.
About this DC war...

you'll find them in mystery box 45 and 46

:takeit:

Them DC War books are tough to find. I figure I'll finish my runs about the time I'm 70 and ready to sell every thing. :o

I'm guessing you can buy for less than 1000

Show them the cash, they've got to take it

Thought the address looked familiar. Then I saw the slats on the wall; confirmed.

I'm sure there is a ton of drek in there, but there also could be some decent stuff too.

For me, it would depend on how much the seller would take for it all.

It's way too far for me, but I would EASILY give them a grand for it all. lol Heck, I know I would offer more than that sight unseen. lol

At a nickel each, that's $2500.

I'm sure there is a ton of drek in there, but there also could be some decent stuff too.

For me, it would depend on how much the seller would take for it all.

It's way too far for me, but I would EASILY give them a grand for it all. lol Heck, I know I would offer more than that sight unseen. lol

At a nickel each, that's $2500.

seems like a lot of work and downstream costs after the initial purchase. Storage, moving that load, all the work selling it. Even at 1000 dollars-- seems like you are buying a headache.