• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Is there a Man-Thing #3? That's the first Foolkiller.

Peace,

Chip

Yup I saw that one too.. Also nice 1st Impulse.. DC Universe variant too! nice!

I haven't done my research on this, can you enlighten me? Flash 92?

Yup, Flash 92 is 1st full Impulse/Kid Flash.. Anything Flash is hot right now.

The copy you have is the DC Universe variant (has the dc universe box on the bottom) which makes it a little rarer than others.

Nice score altogether methinks

Excellent thanks brother. Good info.

There are several Flash in this box.

The good news is I have 2 copies, the bad news, the one with the DC logo is minty on the cover but since it didn't have a board, the corner got dented bad.

The direct sales copy is a def candidate to be graded, 9.6-9.8 IMO.

Flash1_zpse0d8b71e.jpg

Flash2_zps6ca8aaa9.jpg

About 10 or so years ago a major seller on eBay sold a lot of 1,000,000 comic books. Another eBay seller bought it all and there was a lot of drek in there. What the buyer did was sell the books in lots and as much as I saw he sold every thing.

Did he make a profit, when you add time spent?

I don't know, but he must have thought it was to have bought it.

first thought seeing that box was - OMG-- you took that from a dumpster and put it on top of your oven (especially since that box looked pretty gross to start with)

then I about laughed my arse off with the flaming box photo shop-- lol.

then you open the thing and I was amazed someone just tossed that in a dumpster-- holy -- what a lucky find that was. I would love to be that fortunate.

congrats!

first thought seeing that box was - OMG-- you took that from a dumpster and put it on top of your oven (especially since that box looked pretty gross to start with)

then I about laughed my arse off with the flaming box photo shop-- lol.

then you open the thing and I was amazed someone just tossed that in a dumpster-- holy -- what a lucky find that was. I would love to be that fortunate.

congrats!

Haha! Well to be fair it looked like a fresh dump. It looked like somebody cleaned out a garage/house and dumped a bunch of in the dumpster. Clothes, books, old Tupperware, ect.The box is pretty beat but the tape around it really saved it from all the comics spilling out. Luckily I got to it before liquids got to it. :cool:

Is there a Man-Thing #3? That's the first Foolkiller.

Peace,

Chip

Yup I saw that one too.. Also nice 1st Impulse.. DC Universe variant too! nice!

I haven't done my research on this, can you enlighten me? Flash 92?

Yup, Flash 92 is 1st full Impulse/Kid Flash.. Anything Flash is hot right now.

The copy you have is the DC Universe variant (has the dc universe box on the bottom) which makes it a little rarer than others.

Nice score altogether methinks

Excellent thanks brother. Good info.

There are several Flash in this box.

The good news is I have 2 copies, the bad news, the one with the DC logo is minty on the cover but since it didn't have a board, the corner got dented bad.

The direct sales copy is a def candidate to be graded, 9.6-9.8 IMO.

Flash1_zpse0d8b71e.jpg

Flash2_zps6ca8aaa9.jpg

Have it pressed

total is around 600 books

silver/bronze

condition is rough on some of the silver - all are "read" not a big deal for me (I paid a "read book" price).

anyone know how to dump the "~original" from photobucket links? - I hate having to delete that for my links to work

71298b2e884eb40377c603a1a8811d99.jpg

ed69e0aecbe5823e2e11eb003d11fd26.jpg

Great score...love those Caps!

Peace,

Chip

building up a little too - more good stuff

about 640 books

~ 100 DC

~ 100 harvey/dell/gold key/archie/atlas (mostly bronze)

rest marvel

he had a stack of the old 7-11 marvel slurpee cups too - passed on those as I had no idea what they go for (and I only brought enough $$$ for the books).

ccede0358d6d4379715fddda1d6a0fea.jpg

84a1d7bf2d17b9ee90643a82afa497b2.jpg

final one - more in there but this is the cream of the crop

the GSXmen ---- UGH - still REAL nice - but that missing piece of the cover is just a shame (it is in GREAT shape if not for that)

68c8540f9a3eaae4047df812e060d72c.jpg

i had been emailing this same guy also. he called me today but he never called me back.he then sent an email saying the books were sold.

i thought there was a ASM6 in the lot?

I was emailing this guy as well, Lake Forest IL, right? That ASM 121, looks like a piece of the cover is missing LLC or is the cover torn?

i had been emailing this same guy also. he called me today but he never called me back.he then sent an email saying the books were sold.

i thought there was a ASM6 in the lot?

nope - he had one on the list but (according to him anyway, lol) - he did not have it.

the condition is all over the place - but good enough.

The GSXmen - probably a 3 at best. The missing chunk of cover and a spine split hurt -but that one is a keeper for me so condition is not major league important.

The ASM 121- probbaly a 4/5 - that one I may get pressed/graded. There is a large crease across part of the cover - but it looks like CSS or others may be able to improve it,

Later