• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Well, not a garage sale or flea market find, but I did finally get around to going through the toys I had in storage and feel like I hit it big: G.I. Joes both original from my dad's childhood and from the 80's (a lot of vehicles need to be put back together), DC and Marvel figures, Go-Bots and Transformers from the 80's, TMNT from the 80's, Lone Ranger figures from the 80's, Smurfs and He-Man figures from the 80's, unopened Star Wars and Marvel figures and more to go through. Here's a few pics:

8B21EC76-50D7-46BF-8CBD-2C41A880B84D_zpskab1luut.jpg

C2B466F4-EAF6-47D9-929B-5621D0B0D275_zpshsqynp6g.jpgEE194E61-DFD8-4E55-AED4-2F31ED3DA43B_zps1zzyttom.jpg91EC7313-2980-454C-84B1-1B174A6ECCE5_zpswblbtl5o.jpgBED062F0-39F4-449E-A351-ED91F4C0B196_zps6j6ekewy.jpg9347DCE0-A473-4A02-B67D-9E92188A8ACF_zpsrlpcklzk.jpgF23A16F8-5BD2-4845-8A77-365F774A4A49_zpsueklmjew.jpg

I went to a local auction in my area. I went to get a filing cabinet to store my comics.

Got a large three Row Legal File cabinet that normally sells for $250-$300 for only $5.

As I was getting ready to go I noticed the next item was what I thought were 4 old NES games.

I won them for $40 as I went to get my stuff it was not only the 4 games in a box but also an Original NES and two controllers.

Nice snag on the NES! And good grab on the filing cabinets. They in good shape or are you planning to sand & paint them?

I am going to Sand and Paint it. Cabinet is purple and does not fit room colour

I need to strip mine back down & then sand/paint them as well, since I don't like the existing finish & they are just kinda... there. And the blue/grey of them just kinda clashes with the rest of the room.

I hope someday to have so much stuff that I don't know where things are. :)

at some point it is too much. you're probably better off flipping the stuff as it comes in rather than letting it accumulate. you have a good system, don't mess it up.

While on the bound books topic, heres a beautiful example of a custom made book of a lesser known series/title which sold quite well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADVENTURERS-Custom-Bound-Hardcover-Omnibus-with-ELF-WARRIOR-NINJA-ELITE-more-/291541350846?hash=item43e137f9be&nma=true&si=iQLOBnOThRrfulebBPzazTfAY5s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is a SmythSewn binding. This means there is absolutely no gutter loss AND it also means the book can easily lay open on a table. This is the best (and most expensive) way of creating a hardcover. It is superior to glued or oversewn bindings.

adv1.jpg

adv2.jpg

adv3.jpg

adv4.jpg

Another weird and wonderful (well slightly cool) find in wildest Melbourne.

About 450 comics - the most eclectic mix ever - mostly average condition.

h1_zpsifcfjhrf.jpg

Usual Copper/bronze/modern "keys"

But then a small sprinkling of Silver (ignore Avengers Annual #10). Nothing flash, but such an odd mix!

h2_zpsrgxynnsa.jpg

Rest were 400 Copper/Bronze Thor/Hulk/Avengers, with 1 - 100 of Marvel 2 in 1.

Quasar and Silver Surfer (1987) series.

Just a strange mix. Cheap though, so no complaints.