• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

Very cool. Was that a recent find? Spidey 129 in there?

Nice woman cleaning her house out brings me a binder or 2 a week. Still waiting on the binder that starts at 123. No 121 but a 122 and two 194's. :wishluck: on the 129.

U29wU58.png

Very nice. Mighty fine reading to go with a Yuengling.

Nice woman cleaning her house out brings me a binder or 2 a week. Still waiting on the binder that starts at 123. No 121 but a 122 and two 194's. :wishluck: on the 129.

U29wU58.png

Don't deals like that just drive you crazy? Come on, one at a time? Offer to go over get get them all at once. How far back to they go?

Wow, that's nice of her. Was it her husband's or son's collection?

Husbands collection. She is still married to him and I am trading hockey cards for comic books. The collection starts at #95. She was going to throw them out as the LCS offered her next to nothing. Word of mouth brought her my way via a friend.

U29wU58.png

man, that is so nice. congrats :applause:

Husbands collection. She is still married to him and I am trading hockey cards for comic books. The collection starts at #95. She was going to throw them out as the LCS offered her next to nothing. Word of mouth brought her my way via a friend.

You lucky dog :applause:

Man there are some retarded comic shop owners out there.

Man there are some retarded comic shop owners out there.

greedy and dim witted. terrible combination. (I think "retarded" is a term that is out of favor and hurtful to many..i use it all the time, of course, but i am a horrible person)

some of the old timers seem to think they have a moral obligation to try and rip off anyone who comes into their store to sell comics even if it winds up losing them money. it's incredible. 5 minutes of effort and those sell for several hundred as a lot on ebay and likely a lot more busted up with some more effort. why insult the lady and have her walk out the door when you can offer her $30-$50 or whatever, which is still ripping her off, but isn't going to make her think she should just throw them out. this isn't like offering someone 5 cents a pop when they come in with a long box of future 50 cent books, many of those spideys are easy sales for decent money.

Perhaps a general rule of thumb for LCS owners is to offer the cover price per book on GA, SA or BA collections.

LCS: These are old, no one wants these.

Comic owner: Okay, how much will you give me for them?

LCS: They aren't worth much more today than the cover price. 10 cents each?

Edited by Mikey-416

this stuff never happens to me :-(

If you look hard enough, beat every bush, tell everyone you know, get up early, and leave no stone un-turned it is bound to happen some time. I have had many nice stashes of comics (and other collectibles) come my way over the years but had to work REAL HARD to get them. They ain't gonna land in your lap...

this stuff never happens to me :-(

If you look hard enough, beat every bush, tell everyone you know, get up early, and leave no stone un-turned it is bound to happen some time. I have had many nice stashes of comics (and other collectibles) come my way over the years but had to work REAL HARD to get them. They ain't gonna land in your lap...

+1

you can never give up. even the worse CL ad maybe a gold mine. Sometimes you just gotta keep trying.

I'm sorry but this story sounds like BS, throw them out?

I'm sorry but this story sounds like BS, throw them out?

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are wrong!

Are you married?

Have you ever tried to sell to a LCS?

Have a nice day!