• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

1st Typhoid Mary in bulk by the look - a real sleeper book, destined for a big bump. Awesome score!

Oh sorry, I just wanted to show the best ones...Only 2 in the lot...Rest are regular DD's from around that era and a bit earlier. Agree though, I think TM is a sleeper of a book. Just wait till she shows up in the series...Love the cover too.

Bought a small collection on thursday for $225.

Sold the collection today for $200.

Kept 1 book.

BA12_zps3vaubvhx.jpeg

wow... thought "meh you did ok" and then I looked up eBay, I knew high grade copies were skyrocketing, but didnt realize that even low grade copies (i.e. VG) were selling for nearly $400!

:o:o:o:o:o:o

nice pickup!

Still haven't posted Saturday's buy, but here is todays...Nothing to compare with the dollar find of TWD #1, but here they are...

misc.%20marvel%20books._zpsrhkvjkn5.jpg

misc.%20valiant%20lot_zpsqsnykj7z.jpg

zenescope%20lot_zps1edqzetn.jpg

...Never bought any Zenescope before but, here they are. Yes those are stacks and multiples of variants...Really nice thing here is the multiple Grimm Tales of Terror #1 Retailer exclusive.

Nice pick up

Bought a small collection on thursday for $225.

Sold the collection today for $200.

Kept 1 book.

BA12_zps3vaubvhx.jpeg

wow... thought "meh you did ok" and then I looked up eBay, I knew high grade copies were skyrocketing, but didnt realize that even low grade copies (i.e. VG) were selling for nearly $400!

:o:o:o:o:o:o

nice pickup!

Unfortunately it has a spine split from the bottom to right above the bottom staple. As is, it's still a $200 book.

Picked this up at the flea market today

img574_zpspbdhizso.jpg

img575_zpswbbawg9s.jpg

:cool:

:applause::golfclap: (thumbs u

Way to go! :applause:

That would be my dream flea market pickup. The classic modern key in amongst drek.

Unfortunately, the flea vender already picked it out of the other modern drek from a house sale a few weeks ago. He was aware he had something special. Nevertheless, we were able to come to a price that gave him a tidy profit while allowing some room on the back end once it has been slabbed, maybe quite a bit of room depending on how high it grades out. And it is a sweet copy indeed!

That's what I meant by win/win pricing, two winners not just one.

:wishluck::whee:

I know you told me about those flea market things. After getting up every day of the week at 4am I simply cannot bring myself to get up early on weekends. Very happy for you and congrats on the pickup.

Sleep is very underrated. Come home and take a nap in the afternoon if you have to. Someday we will all get "The Big Sleep" as Mickey Spilane wrote it...

Spillane!?!

That's Chandler, pal! The greatest detective fiction writer of all time!

I too am waiting for the dusty boxes.....

In the meantime, here's a Craiglist ad with some cool silver / bronze stuff!

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/clt/5271449899.html

$3 / book. Could work out. Especially since the ad states that there are Hawk & Dove and Blackhawk sets. :insane:

I wonder what the condition of the Tomb 10 is?

Sleep is very underrated. Come home and take a nap in the afternoon if you have to. Someday we will all get "The Big Sleep" as Mickey Spilane wrote it...

Spillane!?!

Yes, Chandler, Raymond Chandler and I agree with your assesment. I guess I shouldn't post when I've been drinking...

Spillane!?!

Yes, Chandler, Raymond Chandler and I agree with your assesment. I guess I shouldn't post when I've been drinking...

If you were drinking whiskey, I think Chandler (and Philip Marlowe) would be okay with it.

Picked up a small collection Tuesday night. Mostly 1970s DC Horror.

Long runs of Marvel Two-in-One, Unexpected, Ghosts, House of Mystery, House of Secrets, Witching Hour, etc.

HG run of Shazam 18-30 or so.

IMG_20151020_192736725_zpscnkhtvll.jpg

IMG_20151022_243800213_zpsyyqcgb15.jpg