• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

hit a couple of folks selling on side walks. mostly overpriced.

table with "$ 3" comics did not look promising. a lot of GI Joes and 80s Iron Mans in decent shape, a bunch of 15 cent cover rice archies. but nothing worth pulling the trigger on. hoping for a joe 21, but no luck. She said these were all she "had left," so I guess this was picked over. Found a VF+ X-Factor 5 and probably should have stopped there and just paid $3. due to mental illness and the seller begging me to buy more and get a discount, I paid $7 total for the X-Factor 5 and NM- copies of ASM 280, 284 and West Coast Avengers 1 (regular series). $4 for those additional 3 is alright, but I'm pretty sure I have multiples of them already,and I have been trying to avoid being 4 or 5 deep in non-key books. I don't own a comic shop or sell at shows.

Picked up a few Marvel Age books at 50 cents each. I had no idea #41 has some real value. Crazy. I guess it's a good book for Signature Service collectors.

Neither did I. thanks for the info. Have never seen it before.

I paid $7 total for the X-Factor 5 and NM- copies of ASM 280, 284 and West Coast Avengers 1 (regular series). $4 for those additional 3 is alright, but I'm pretty sure I have multiples of them already,and I have been trying to avoid being 4 or 5 deep in non-key books.

Cool pictures!

I paid $7 total for the X-Factor 5 and NM- copies of ASM 280, 284 and West Coast Avengers 1 (regular series). $4 for those additional 3 is alright, but I'm pretty sure I have multiples of them already,and I have been trying to avoid being 4 or 5 deep in non-key books.

Cool pictures!

Getting stuff up on photobucket is a huge PITA. I am posting my story.

Cool pictures!

It took me about 25 seconds to do this:

IMG_20161024_100607762_zpsrea62poh.jpg

Cool pictures!

Less than a minute:

IMG_20161024_100900742_zpsann85v4i.jpg

due to mental illness and the seller begging me to buy more and get a discount,
Whose mental illness exactly? Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

doh!

My mental illness, of course.

Cool pictures!

Less than a minute:

You're frigging special then. My fat fingers can't do all of that on my phone. I'd need to take the picture, e-mail it to myself, go to my computer, save it to a drive, go into photobucket, download it, and then post it here. With bathroom, coffee, and snack breaks, and then another bathroom break (I'm in my 40s..) that could take me an hour.

Edited by the blob

Cool pictures!

Less than a minute:

You're frigging special then. My fat fingers can't do all of that on my phone. I'd need to take the picture, e-mail it to myself, go to my computer, save it to a drive, go into photobucket, download it, and then post it here. With bathroom, coffee, and snack breaks, and then another bathroom break (I'm in my 40s..) that could take me an hour.

You can save stuff from your phone directly to photobucket. Saves a step.

Cool pictures!

Not sure the point of this message, where does it say in the topic photos are required?

A 2-3 sentence strike-out story is good to keep all the finds in perspective.

Cool pictures!

Less than a minute:

:screwy:

165732.jpg.80fdc5105e6927e0262ec33fb58a7acc.jpg

Cool pictures!

Not sure the point of this message, where does it say in the topic photos are required?

A 2-3 sentence strike-out story is good to keep all the finds in perspective.

They like to be mean to me. Discriminating against the fat, old, disabled, and technologically challenged.

Today I visited a lead about 40 minutes outside the city and was quickly disappointed with what he had. It was just your typical junk, nothing of any value at all, however, the seller did offer a tip that an antique store with comics...(i'm thinking great, probably over-priced Disney stuff, but at least I'll go see what antiques they have since I'm in the market for a few pieces).

After going to a few wrong antique shops this is what I found for $1.50 each...

IMG_0432_zps2djvcua1.jpg

IMG_0433_zpsziwecfov.jpg

IMG_0431_zpse5rry38y.jpg

That is a GREAT pick up! (thumbs u:applause::golfclap:

Nice haul.

I'd always be worried about a place like that, when you grab a stack like that, with multiples, they suddenly realize they way underpriced things and decline to sell the books and you have now presented them with a stack of books to look up on ebay. Probably why I usually mix in a few more marginal purchases in there so they're less likely to notice that I yanked out 5 copies of the same book.

Edited by the blob

Nice haul.

I'd always be worried about a place like that, when you grab a stack like that, with multiples, they suddenly realize they way underpriced things and decline to sell the books and you have now presented them with a stack of books to look up on ebay. Probably why I usually mix in a few more marginal purchases in there so they're less likely to notice that I yanked out 5 copies of the same book.

So here's the thing, it was a couple ol' guys running a large antique shop. I was looking at antique trunks, which I most likely will buy, then saw the comics. These were acquired at an estate auction (along with god knows how many other items there in the shop), and for all I know the group of 1000+ could have been had for next to nothing. We agreed on a price for the trunk too, so as long as I'm not too hung-over following a country wedding next weekend, I'll probably grab it on Sunday.

Also, it would be bad business on his part....if these comics went un-sold for a year, a guy young from the city scoops a big pile and is probably going to come back to spend more - do you think he's getting my money if he reneged on the sale?

You're right, but you never now. Mainly the five copies of PPSS 64 might get some casual sellers to think they made a pricing mistake and then think maybe you're savy and they made other mistakes. One or two each of the others probably not.

But yes, you're buying something else substantial from them, they wouldn't want to mess that up. But people sometimes worry about not squeezing every last buck out of things, get greedy, and shoot themselves in the foot.

Anyway, sweet haul.

Cool pictures!

Generated in 0.111 seconds in which 0.088 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.111 seconds in which 0.088 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

----

I am hearing Charlie Brown "adult" voices in my head right now.