• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

I ran into one of the best finds I'll probably ever have looking for comics at garage / estate sales this weekend - and it happened in the most random way.

I had hit up a few listings that came up for this weekend on Friday and Saturday without finding much of any value. Sunday morning we had to visit a friend in the hospital out of the way of where I would normally go to sales. I had seen one listed here that started on Friday, so I figured anything good would be long gone by Sunday. My wife was game for me checking it out, so I gave it a shot.

Old house was being cleared out - and they said there were comics in the back room. Found an old cardboard box with about a hundred loose books in it - no bags or boards, had probably been in the same box for 40+ years. A few of the books were in pretty bad shape with missing covers, pages falling out and plenty of wear on them - but not too bad considering the way they had been treated. I asked if anyone else had bought any - and they said a couple looked at them but didn't go through them to look at each one. I was lucky that no one had looked too closely at the box, since there were some key books there that I never expected to find in this setting.

I need to take pictures of more of the books still - but here's the best three for tonight (still need to figure out how to post pictures better on here)...

Cuc7ozVUEAErAT8.jpg

Cuc8bykUkAI4V-T.jpg

Cuc7WkdVIAQ07Zt.jpg

Nice score! Would love to see some group shots. Looks like you got some near miss issues. OAAW #82 (right in the middle between 81 and 83). Awfull close to Flash #105. Hopefully a few real keys will turn up...

Had a good time at an estate auction last night. No comics, but picked up several toys that are at least tenuously comic related!

Got a giant box of board games for $10, which included this Superman game from 1965. The outer box is worn, but the interiors are minty fresh. Looks like it was never played with, as the game pieces are still sealed in a baggy, the cards are unpunched, and the spinner and gameboard are in gorgeous shape. Love the artwork on the board.

xblcnq.jpg

311ph8k.jpg

Got a box of military figures, including these G.I. Combat guys that I don't see around these parts very often, if at all.

2cdvjhg.jpg

Got a giant box of totally random plastic toys. Included a big box of toy horses that I'll give my niece, and lots of random bits. I was primarily interested in the Pogo figures (needed Albert for my collection) and the Marx Wolfman.

Can anyone identify the purple brain alien-looking guy? I feel like it's probably something obvious like Star Trek or Outer Limits or something.

2cyl5qb.jpg

30938zp.jpg

And a random assemblage of dollbabies. Those Rocky's are worth a lot more than I would have thought. And who can't use a Cheryl Ladd doll? They had tons of weird random dolls, Dolly Parton, Dorothy Hamill, Marla Gibbs...some weird stuff. They had a Brooke Shields cheerleader outfit, but no Brooke Shields! Oh well.

2elwmcz.jpg

It was a fun night for junk hunting. I was underbidder on a mosc Mego Hulk (which was the whole reason I went in the first place) but the price got about FMV so I didn't bite.

Interesting, are the GI Combat guys licensed by DC?

You know, I'm not sure, I'll have to take a look when I get home!

Purple guy is the Imperious Leader from Battlestar Galactica. Carded figure looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191805702317?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Awesome, thanks so much! I knew it was something fairly obvious that I just couldn't dredge up out of the dark corners of my brain. Much appreciated!

The original Godzilla long box from 1964 had opaque magenta colored plastic as shown ( pics from an eBay listing). Luminators kits had a semi-transparent "neon" colored plastic.

doh!

I stand corrected. Thanks!

Here's a nice resource I should have checked before opening my yap.

nm87 2nd print is going to blow up

nice bomic

Finally getting some more pictures up from last weekend. Here's a few others I picked up - but this is the rest of the good stuff. There was alot of stuff in really bad shape, but i was happy to see mine were all complete. Seller had come up with values for the books based on some ebay searches they had done. This led to some interesting negotiating on value/condition/etc. I left a couple early Showcase Space Ranger/Adam Strange and other interesting books behind because a deal couldn't be worked out. Overall, can't complain though.

Just won on online auction with Flash #108 - dumb luck to run into two sellers/three issues from the early silver age run of the series in the same week.

BCD83426-BAEB-4955-9879-BC7EDAE62C31_zpsibwaqunt.jpg

E547AEBF-67E3-4C04-ADAC-2E9DD5B0F77D_zpsmywjofth.jpg

image_zpsodvuvuxd.jpeg

Whilst not in the league of the last couple of posters finds (congrats on the Batman and the ST's)

I found this nice little lot inc the Converse Bag and unused board game for the princely sum of $80

untitled_zps6vybuinp.png

Lots of Conan, and complete runs of the Dark Horse Star Wars and Terminator series.

A couple of weird and wonderful Australian comics as well.