• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Ok - 1st box opened - the books are all over the place - it would appear they were just put into any old box and taped up.

But I'll start with Iron Fist #1 - #15 inc #14 (9.0ish)

and raise you New Teen Titans #2 in about 9.4/9.6 after a press.

Give me a couple of days - they are all over the place, but there is a krapload of drek!

It's been worth it so far - and yes, pics will most definitely follow!

Aside from the comic books, did the $200 cover everything? If so, could you pull cash out of other assets that are non-comic related? Did you find anything else of value aside from the comics? It sounded like a great deal nonetheless.

I'm on box 6 now - Treasury's, Blue ribbon digests, Complete Dr Strange run.

Some figures that I have no idea about.

I'll post a list of the good stuff tomorrow.

There are stuff like complete runs of Indiana Jones etc, but there are literally 1500 absolute stinkers that will be going to the local auction house - random 1990's - 2000's garbage, not even in complete runs.

But there was a Giant Size X-Men #1 :whistle:

Ok - 1st box opened - the books are all over the place - it would appear they were just put into any old box and taped up.

Give me a couple of days - they are all over the place, but there is a krapload of drek!

Nice haul so far, have fun sorting through the rest and post some pictures.

Would be interested if any items turn up of higher value that would have saved the dude from being evicted. Sad circumstances, it amazes me where some peoples priorities are. Comics should have been the first thing to sell to keep a roof over his head.

Just got back from a Flea Market that was alongside a Long Island Railroad station.

I went looking for comics, old toys, iron / die cast / tin toys, trains and things like that, any old furniture.

Nothing.

Comic bins were what passes for $1 convention books or 50¢ beaters in $5 - $10 bins. No, I am not paying $20 for a 7.0 X-Force 2 or a 8.0 Batman 404.

$10 for carded POTF2 Star Wars figures? Those are $3 a piece on a good day depending on card condition.

I saw one guy taking a wire brush cleaning out the rust or rot from a $5 surge protector. I wanted to find out where he lived to warn anyone in the house what he was doing.

I saw Lionel trains with engine rust and rot in the gears. I did see a few things but nothing that I could not have hit the BIN and gotten in better condition on eBay.

I have business out in Suffolk county anyway today. I may hit up google and see what is available to browse around today.

Aside from the comic books, did the $200 cover everything? If so, could you pull cash out of other assets that are non-comic related? Did you find anything else of value aside from the comics? It sounded like a great deal nonetheless.

I'm on box 6 now - Treasury's, Blue ribbon digests, Complete Dr Strange run.

Some figures that I have no idea about.

I'll post a list of the good stuff tomorrow.

There are stuff like complete runs of Indiana Jones etc, but there are literally 1500 absolute stinkers that will be going to the local auction house - random 1990's - 2000's garbage, not even in complete runs.

But there was a Giant Size X-Men #1 :whistle:

Photos or it didn't happen. :makepoint:

Took a trip across the island. I went from place to place looking at Vintage gumball machines and signage but nothing wow'ed me. I wanted to find something I could not find on eBay or most of the rest of you could find. Then I saw something that caught my eye. I picked up two pieces. I checked them out to make sure... but these are two pieces of original art from a residential Long Islander, Bourke Sweeney, who drew cartoons while on active duty in the Pacific. These cartoon would appear in military publications during WWII. The top corners of the backs are affixed to cardboard right now but when you turn the page over it has the military approval stamps and signatures and additional information.

The first cartoon caption reads: "Do you think it'll rain?"

The second cartoon caption reads: "He's been hanging around ever since we camouflaged that gun."

IMG_3707.jpg

BSweeny01a.jpg

BSweeny02a.jpg

New one for me - tenant eviction auction.

First one to raise their hand for $200 USD (approx.) won this lot.

So what's in the boxes?

1_zpswn4ro70y.png

Besides the inflatable Wolverine - I have no idea.

I'd imagine tons and tons of drek....

So being the first to raise hand I now own 11 boxes of quote "comics and stuff"

I'll update with anything interesting or good.

Genuinely haven't looked so 3000 1995 - 1998 comics here I come.....

Great score. $200 for that many comics you could hardly go wrong. Even selling them for a buck a book you would do well. Sounds like you've found some winners already. Love to see some pics...

Here's the haul from a stop or two today during a family trip to PA for a little country sight-seeing and a great hot turkey dinner…even though it was nearly 80-degrees out!

• Some cool late '70s Comic Readers.

Lots of interesting data and rumors in these. Great covers, too. I especially dig the peak-period Starlin Superman cover…

comic-reader_zpshrsdmtft.jpg

• An outstanding collection of the Goodwin-Williamson Star Wars newspaper strips. This is going to the top of my reading pile. Got it for half cover, too...

classic-star-wars_zps6spx7p7m.jpg

• A beat-up FFE treasury, which I bought for the date stamp.

I'm sure they're out there, but I've never seen a treasury with a date stamp. And this one has a memory to go along with it, too: one night back in 1975, my parents went carpet shopping (yay!). Guess who got dragged along? To shut me up, I guess, my mom let me get the Flash FFE from a tabletop cardboard display in the book section of a department store which was in the same shopping center as the carpet outlet.

Normally, my mom wasn't keen on shelling out a dollar for four regular comics, let alone a whole buck for a single comic book, no matter how big it was. But seeing the date stamp (which is close to my birthday), I suddenly understand why she did it. A decades-old mystery solved today for just a few bucks…

FFE-flash_zpsbhmj1ujd.jpg

FFE-flash-date-stamp_zpsysj35uiw.jpg

• A complete 6-volume hardcover set of The World Encyclopedia of Comics (these are a later printing from 1983; the original was one HUGE volume).

I know many of us remember the ads for this in various comics over the years. It was a real mind-blower for me as a kid: an encyclopedia about comic books, instead of all the boring "educational" stuff in the set of World Book Encyclopedias my dad had on his bookcase in the living room? Amazing! Always wanted to check it out, and now, 40+ years later, here it is…

world-encyc_zpstsmfim3l.jpg

• Marvel Double Feature #19. Again, the date-stamp was the draw here.

I have a VERY strong memory of my dad associated with this book, which is not a big deal on its own merits, obviously. I still own the copy he bought for me off the stands, but being able to zero in on the date was a real thrill...

MDF-arrival-date_zpse2efzljh.jpg

Goodness - can't I sleep in Australia lol

1_zpsdzsrqrc3.png

5_zpsrxettqki.png

4_zpspdpdwhjf.png

3_zpsrcar3zki.png

2_zps2rtuejrq.png

So to recap:

ASM #361 362

Iron Fist #1 - #15

Complete set Indiana Jones

Complete set minus 2 issues Dr Strange

Full John Carter

Savage She-Hulk #1 - #25

Full Star Trek

Dr Strange #171 - #183 ( sooo close!)

12c Aquaman's

Some wonderful British comics from the 1960's 'Terrific' and 'Fantastic' - never seen them before - great fun

Pile of 12" albums - Superman, Return of the Jedi - records, all perfect

Conan #24

Millar Wolvie #1 - #4

Full Squadron Supreme

Pile of 12c Marvels (no keys)

12c Doom Patrols

big ol pile of Luke Cage/Iron Fist (inc 54)

My favorite - Luke Cage #1 - Australian edition - frikkin awesome book!

New Teen Titans #2 and #10

Tales of Teen Titans Judas run

Giant Size X-Men #1 - probable 4.0 - 5.0 (depends on press and clean if I decide to go that way)

Usual ASM - #141 - #185

Iron Man #81 - #164 inc minor keys

Rai #0 (9.8), Archer and Armstrong #0

Deadpool Circle #1 - #4

Plus some awesome stuff like 40+ Treasury issues, 120+ Blue Ribbon Digests, Calendars, figures etc

I know the Cap figure is rare (but missing rifle) - if anyone knows the other 2 - let me know.

Hundreds of Australian 1960/70/80 reprints (which I love) plus heaps of little runs and sets.

I have chucked about 1500 into boxes as they were utter drek - moderns and incomplete - so they can go to a local auction house.

There are others but I haven't gone through the piles fully yet - X-Men, Hulk etc

I've had enough for a bit! meh

As for the sale - the tenant was evicted after being 6 months behind, took some stuff and left the rest. Every room was full to the ceiling with junk.

Goodness - can't I sleep in Australia lol

I may be seeing things, or it might be the low res pic, but what's the cover price on the IF 14?

30 Cent, gramps