• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Slow time of year for garage sales in the midwest - but found a sale this weekend. Posting was interesting, listing 1000's of comics and this picture...

CxweUzGWgAAujKm.jpg

Was hoping for some silver age or earlier stuff based on pictures looking like the owner was older, but had no idea of what to expect on conditions. "1,000's" might have been an exaggeration, but was surprised to find 4+ long boxes of books in great shape. Most were just in boxes without bags/boards - but were just like new. Unfortunately, it was mostly mid-90's drek - but was able to pull a dozen or so Deadpool books, first 10 issues of Suicide Squad and Black Flash issues from M Millar run. Lots of DC "Adventures" books - but not Batman 12. Had to take issue 11 since that's the closest I've come to finding that book in the wild. Probably should have taken a second pass through to make sure I didn't miss anything - but it was 30 degrees in unheated/open garage - so left happy with what i found at about 50 cents a book.

CxweagpXgAI5-68.jpg

Cxwedf4XUAAgM6M.jpg

A few years ago, before Deadpool started to take off, I had tossed pretty much all of the deadpool first series books I had (other than my #1) into my garage sale boxes because I figured they were worthless. About 30 or 40 of them. I pulled them out at the last minute after reconsidering, figuring deadpool was a neat character and I had other junk I'd rather try to get rid of.

A few years ago, before Deadpool started to take off, I had tossed pretty much all of the deadpool first series books I had (other than my #1) into my garage sale boxes because I figured they were worthless. About 30 or 40 of them. I pulled them out at the last minute after reconsidering, figuring deadpool was a neat character and I had other junk I'd rather try to get rid of.

I did the exact same thing with the 1st Harley Quinn series.

Patrick

Patrick

I got about 50 of those out of a 4 for $1 box (these were the usual 50 cent books, but he had a sale) a few years ago, including #1 The shop owner had no idea HQ was getting popular. I also got a 9.8ish copy of the prestige format HQ book out of his $1 box along with a mad love first print from him. Weird place, because the stuff he knew was hot he asked plenty for, like WD books, but then I bought a mid-grade ASM 129 off his wall for $40 (negotiated down from $50!).

He closed. He said business was good, but his business partner skrewed him over (they had 2 shops in NYC) or something along those lines. Said he wanted to re-open, but I think he never recovered from having to break those leases.

Edited by the blob

Any Master System games? I love that crappy system.

Patrick

No, just NES, SNES and N64 games.

It looks like that there are 1 or 2 famicom games. What are they?

The Famicom game is After Burner. It's got a game converter on it that lets you play it in an NES.

Patrick

I got about 50 of those out of a 4 for $1 box (these were the usual 50 cent books, but he had a sale) a few years ago, including #1 The shop owner had no idea HQ was getting popular. I also got a 9.8ish copy of the prestige format HQ book out of his $1 box along with a mad love first print from him. Weird place, because the stuff he knew was hot he asked plenty for, like WD books, but then I bought a mid-grade ASM 129 off his wall for $40 (negotiated down from $50!).

He closed. He said business was good, but his business partner skrewed him over (they had 2 shops in NYC) or something along those lines. Said he wanted to re-open, but I think he never recovered from having to break those leases.

What was the name of the shops? hm