• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

for the sake of your future retirement, stop advertising those monster thingies here!

if each one (and each box has dozens) is going for $20-$30+ a pop, then the market must think they're pretty rare... don't let it think otherwise! you have a goldmine!

Normally, I'd agree. But this isn't a one size fits all notion.

I'd say more realistically, it depends on the maker, year of release and demand.

Anything post 80's (with 83' being the cut-off), in my opinion is out there in quantities, and I know everytime I'm offered a case of something, I usually find at least a handful of other dealers/collectors who know of others circulating, and I know I'm barely scratching the surface with the few calls I make.

If diminishing returns on a "warehouse find" applied readily across the board, there would be no way a listing like this would be able to get it's current price of $215 per MOC, for one of the "tougher" last 17 figures, especially not listing in a manner which doesn't even show all 40, and just describes them to be in varying condition. At the price it's currently at, the gamble is on a long play, and with blisters notorious for unsightly yellowing, not one I'd take with that much money on the table.

Don't get me wrong - I'm with your way of thinking, and 40 MOC's coming to market at once is hard to ignore applying these fundamentals, but there are other variables at play, and demand seems to be the factor that rules them all.

Thanks, man! It's a real fun find. I've had a blast researching them, learning about them, the history of them, the knock-offs, etc.

I just want to add, the last 6 boxes were not $5 each like the first 3 (because I was stupid enough to list the first 3 on eBay).

Edited by iggy

Got these games for $20. Sold Vapor Trail for $40, prolly will end up getting rid of the rest because I have way too many games.

20161008_021622_zps3vwtfnbn.jpg

annnnnnnd a barely worn pair of Chuck Taylors (in my size) for 1 dollar!

1820995f-481c-405a-bd8f-4e107954e7e8_zpsehv00h6i.jpg

Edited by ForlornOutcast

Estate sale today. Had stacks of silver. Only got one. Small stack priced at 25 each, another stack at 12 each and then 10 each for the rest. This one was in the 10 piles. TTA 41, JIM 90, some sups and bats, Adams supermans were the ones of note.

Condition not good but happy to have everything it.

20161008_093412_zpsuwnv7y1h.jpg

Yeah they had some others that I considered but decided not to pick up. Then I'd just have to get them all... got the uncle one to sell. Regret passing on bride of frankenstein. Batman and dracula were overpriced. Superman had a bad paint job

My boys love godzilla so this will be in there room.

early estate sale today

D9EC0894-2C1F-4FF0-97E0-C62D98C5D844_zpsnswdaikz.jpg

]

Is that MISB?

Unfortunately no. The tape at the bottom was so old it disolved. Don't know if these were sealed in cellophane or not. The seller told me these were file copies (not sure if true or not)

He had a few others but this was one of the ones I saw that seemed a bit less common so I picked it up

that was a steal (thumbs u

It was... The converse were marked $4, looked like a 1 so I asked, they said 4. Bought a few things, then came back to buy a couple more games. They piped up and said I could have them for $1... winning...

I almost forgot, I got this with the plastic wrap still on it, for $2 at another thrift sale.

20161009_033216_zpsclsejh1v.jpg

that was a steal (thumbs u

It was... The converse were marked $4, looked like a 1 so I asked, they said 4. Bought a few things, then came back to buy a couple more games. They piped up and said I could have them for $1... winning...

I almost forgot, I got this with the plastic wrap still on it, for $2 at another thrift sale.

20161009_033216_zpsclsejh1v.jpg

Helping children learn to read by throwing in words like "Moauv".....priceless.....

picked up a box of Dell comics this morning for a good price

01FFD1F1-7BE9-410B-BE0C-0DB0509745E1_zpsjsghmyfy.jpg

and in the middle of 150 disney/cartoon books was this

59E2F2DA-1C78-4418-9C6C-3F7CD4B2B2D9_zps84klcejr.jpg

more detailed pics in my OT thread in the personal announcements forum

Edited by jsilverjanet

I ran into one of the best finds I'll probably ever have looking for comics at garage / estate sales this weekend - and it happened in the most random way.

I had hit up a few listings that came up for this weekend on Friday and Saturday without finding much of any value. Sunday morning we had to visit a friend in the hospital out of the way of where I would normally go to sales. I had seen one listed here that started on Friday, so I figured anything good would be long gone by Sunday. My wife was game for me checking it out, so I gave it a shot.

Old house was being cleared out - and they said there were comics in the back room. Found an old cardboard box with about a hundred loose books in it - no bags or boards, had probably been in the same box for 40+ years. A few of the books were in pretty bad shape with missing covers, pages falling out and plenty of wear on them - but not too bad considering the way they had been treated. I asked if anyone else had bought any - and they said a couple looked at them but didn't go through them to look at each one. I was lucky that no one had looked too closely at the box, since there were some key books there that I never expected to find in this setting.

I need to take pictures of more of the books still - but here's the best three for tonight (still need to figure out how to post pictures better on here)...

Cuc7ozVUEAErAT8.jpg

Cuc8bykUkAI4V-T.jpg

Cuc7WkdVIAQ07Zt.jpg