• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Went to Ikea yesterday and picked up some furniture

Filled up the tank with regular for $1.99/gal today.

IMG_20160926_180848515_zpsxlkw4wg4.jpg

This actually IS comic related. Just bought this SUV last Monday so I could load up more long boxes of comic books when I sell at shows in OKC, Tulsa, Dallas, Wichita or Amarillo. I could only fit about 13 long boxes in my Bonneville but should be able to fit 20+ in this vehicle. Paid cash for it too so still no car payments. :)

Picked these up at an antique shop over the weekend. Nothing special but there were so many Batman New 52 issues I figured I'd get them all. Any thoughts on whether would be worth it to go ahead and try to put together the entire set? I had already picked up a #1 at Baltimore Comic Con from Comic Kings.

28rhd9c.jpg

9lem3n.jpg

IMG_5462_zpswxle2vg8.jpg

I went into a sports and gaming shop on my way home from work. I saw a few short boxes and started digging. The guy saunters over to me and says, "Anything not priced, we'll look up on the internet when you check out." Lots of Knightfall/Death of Superman for $8-$10 each. I confirmed that orange stickers were his pricing and checked out. $4 minimum for debit so I got a pack of 1994 Batman cards.

for the sake of your future retirement, stop advertising those monster thingies here!

if each one (and each box has dozens) is going for $20-$30+ a pop, then the market must think they're pretty rare... don't let it think otherwise! you have a goldmine!

for the sake of your future retirement, stop advertising those monster thingies here!

if each one (and each box has dozens) is going for $20-$30+ a pop, then the market must think they're pretty rare... don't let it think otherwise! you have a goldmine!

Ok, if more turn up, I'll keep it to myself. (thumbs u

Ok, if more turn up, I'll keep it to myself. (thumbs u

This is sound advice. When I saw your sales thread asking for 2,000.00 a box I had to laugh, knowing in another thread you are showing off how many boxes you found. Not a good business strategy.

They're worth what I'm asking, actually more. The target audience is much smaller than the comic buying crowd, but 8+ boxes is hardly a warehouse find. It'll be harder to sell them by the full box which I'd prefer to do, and most will be sold on eBay rather than here. The box I offered here is cheaper than the comparable box offered on eBay, since a few here expressed interest in them. They have the Basil Wolverton connection which make them of interest to comics people. People sell individual used figures for up to $40 each, there's one character variety in one of my boxes that have sold for $75 & $130 in 2013. Yes, full boxes are expensive but there is a price point they'll sell at and I'll get there... This morning the worst example of the boxes- just the empty box sold for $150. The box I'm offering here is good for a joke to you, but if no one makes an acceptable offer here, it WILL sell on eBay eventually at whatever price they get adjusted down to.

They're worth what I'm asking, actually more. The target audience is much smaller than the comic buying crowd, but 8+ boxes is hardly a warehouse find. It'll be harder to sell them by the full box which I'd prefer to do, and most will be sold on eBay rather than here. The box I offered here is cheaper than the comparable box offered on eBay, since a few here expressed interest in them. They have the Basil Wolverton connection which make them of interest to comics people. People sell individual used figures for up to $40 each, there's one character variety in one of my boxes that have sold for $75 & $130 in 2013. Yes, full boxes are expensive but there is a price point they'll sell at and I'll get there... This morning the worst example of the boxes- just the empty box sold for $150. The box I'm offering here is good for a joke to you, but if no one makes an acceptable offer here, it WILL sell on eBay eventually at whatever price they get adjusted down to.

Which is why you should list one lot or box at a time. Chances are you have already scared off the handful of people willing to pay multiple thousands for a full box. You have to slow play this stuff.

You misunderstood my point. I am not questioning your price or the FMV of the items. I am questioning you showing the internet multiple boxes. The better play would have been to show one box here. You could have 'pimped' it by saying what a rare, one of a kind find. That draws interest. Now, everyone knows there is plenty out there.

Edited by bomber-bob

It's good to deceive people.... Gotcha (thumbs u

:jokealert:

I get what you're saying guys, but there's different ways of selling. I'm a regular seller since 1998.

Edited by iggy

It's good to deceive people.... Gotcha (thumbs u

Not my intent to advocate deceit but that's some nice defense to spin it that way. Okay, you got a nice find and it's cool to share it on the Boards. But it would have been just as cool to simply show a single box. Showing off multiple boxes and simultaneously trying to sell them in a sales thread is not the best strategy. (shrug)