• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
54 54

499 posts in this topic

Ooh. The last post was a bit cynical. What an .

Can anyone tell me the difference between E Gerber Mylar products and BCW Mylar products?

Sadly, Hot Flips is sold out of what I want right now... so my checking on Amazon has a ton of stuff available from BCW.

Love to know people's thoughts.

Can anyone tell me the difference between E Gerber Mylar products and BCW Mylar products?

Sadly, Hot Flips is sold out of what I want right now... so my checking on Amazon has a ton of stuff available from BCW.

Love to know people's thoughts.

Well, Mylar is mylar, so I wouldn't assume that there'd be much (if any) difference between the Gerber and the BCW mylar bags. The BCW mylars, however, are almost 2x the price of the Gerber mylars, so if I were you I'd either wait for Hotflips to restock (which they do frequently) or order directly from E Gerber.

Which post are you referring to? If you're referring to my post, there is nothing cynical about it. I was dead serious - that is exactly how I do it. I also put two sheets of mcp next to both covers.

Edited by pwog

Which post are you referring to? If you're referring to my post, there is nothing cynical about it. I was dead serious - that is exactly how I do it. I also put two sheets of mcp next to both covers.

I'm pretty sure he's jokingly referring to his own post and his jab at Comics General.

I'm pretty sure he's jokingly referring to his own post and his jab at Comics General.

Thanks for responding to this. Since, mine was one of the more recent posts I didn't want him (or anyone else) to think I was being cynical. I really do bag my "better" books the way I described.

Thanks for responding to this. Since, mine was one of the more recent posts I didn't want him (or anyone else) to think I was being cynical. I really do bag my "better" books the way I described.

I've seen others do the same thing. It feels slightly overkill to me, but I can't say I don't get it. In any case, more protection is never a bad thing. (thumbs u

Alas, 99% of my Golden and Silver Age books are mid-grade or lower, so this method is probably unnecessary for me, anyway. A single M2 with a fullback/halfback will suffice. :P

Yep. I was. :) Thx sakaridis.

I've seen others do the same thing. It feels slightly overkill to me, but I can't say I don't get it. In any case, more protection is never a bad thing. (thumbs u

Alas, 99% of my Golden and Silver Age books are mid-grade or lower, so this method is probably unnecessary for me, anyway. A single M2 with a fullback/halfback will suffice. :P

Yup, that's why I called it the obsessive compulsive method. lol

Question, can a comic in a 800R Archive mylar fit into a long box or is it too wide?

No. An 800R Archive is 8" wide - regular long & shortboxes only have an interior width of 7 1/2".

You'll need to put the book in either a magazine box, a CGC box, or use one of the E Gerber acid-free boxes:

http://www.egerber.com/category.asp?CategoryID=451&SubcategoryID=557

Question, can a comic in a 800R Archive mylar fit into a long box or is it too wide?

No. An 800R Archive is 8" wide - regular long & shortboxes only have an interior width of 7 1/2".

You'll need to put the book in either a magazine box, a CGC box, or use one of the E Gerber acid-free boxes:

http://www.egerber.com/category.asp?CategoryID=451&SubcategoryID=557

Appreciated. Thank you