• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

I would laugh until I peed myself if this a.hole and his a.hole chums went to prison over this ridiculous garbage they've been pulling

I would laugh until I peed myself if this a.hole and his a.hole chums went to prison over this ridiculous garbage they've been pulling

that would be "life in prison" if they already have two prior felony convictions. :tonofbricks:

2 Items they have for sale Xmen 95 from Narbeh and TOS 39 from Alex

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-95-Vol-1-VF-8-5-/160480928862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255d68a45e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tales-Suspense-39-Super-High-Grade-VF-NM-9-0-Vol-1-/290470322430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a16160fe

Note this image I combined of the 2 books Xmen on the left / TOS on the right:

o0ys77.jpg

See how the carpet has the same vacuum lines still in it. Two different books by two different sellers, yet the pictures were taken in the same room.

From what I have seen; all the narbeh and Alex auction pictures have been taken in the same room. The Paoli photos have always been taken on a wood floor.

These guys are well into the felony arena when they attempted to "sell" a book valued at over $10,000 knowing it was not by misrepresentation. Even if it sold for $500. This is basic fraud. If they shipped the book across state lines BANG add more counts. If it involved more than one person you can even go as far as RICO. It all depends if that week the AG wants to make an example of someone.

Is this guy in CA? Why hasn't anyone just knocked on his door after being ripped off and drag him down the street by his hair? I'll contact the guy you mentioned this week and see where he wants to go with it.

2 Items they have for sale Xmen 95 from Narbeh and TOS 39 from Alex

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-95-Vol-1-VF-8-5-/160480928862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255d68a45e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tales-Suspense-39-Super-High-Grade-VF-NM-9-0-Vol-1-/290470322430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a16160fe

Note this image I combined of the 2 books Xmen on the left / TOS on the right:

o0ys77.jpg

See how the carpet has the same vacuum lines still in it. Two different books by two different sellers, yet the pictures were taken in the same room.

From what I have seen; all the narbeh and Alex auction pictures have been taken in the same room. The Paoli photos have always been taken on a wood floor.

That would be an Ebay TOS violation but their claim can be "yes, it's the same floor, but we're two people both selling on Ebay". I've found BLATANT Dali' forgeries on Ebay and literally walked them through why it was a forgery. They did NOTHING. Even another online auction art site had forgeries up and they actually called me to discuss them and took them down.

The worst thing in the world is to find something you've wanted for a really long time and when you finally think you've got it the item turns out to be a fake or nothing as described. There are too many ways to make money legitimately in this field than to have to hurt someone to make it a little faster. You want to buy a comic at a great price because you've been studying trends and sell it for a little profit? That's great, you did the work. Don't rip people off because you're not just making money, you're hurting someone beyond the money they lost.

My own opinion...

Been watching some Cdpaoli auctions end today. Watching the snipers run the prices up by $200 to $300 at the end. I have to admit some enjoyment from it. Some smug sniper thinking he got a steal by bidding at the last second...when all he did was fall on the grenade and protect everyone else! Have to admit I did it once myself (fell on the grenade I mean, not scammed)..

I've been reading about lexerific. He has nice comics up, but I'm guessing they're cracked out restorations, bumped a grade and being sold as unrestored.

If someone can figure out where he lives, home state or at least his real name he can be taken down with all of his "buddies". First, it's a felony to do what he is doing even if it is on Ebay. It crosses state lines and if it involves more than one person in the conspiracy we have a long list of federal crimes that can be tapped on it. It's not just opening a sealed book and playing dumb. It's a crime, actually a set of crimes.

My first choice would be to gather as much evidence as possible and submit it to his home states attorney generals office. I did this with Verizon a couple of years ago and they DO investigate issues submitted by the public. If anyone from his home state wants to file a complaint like this I'll do my best to help you write it or anyone that's pulling this kind of "stuff" on people.

NYTIMES-10-2007.jpg

I just received a response to an email I sent to Lexerific (aka cdpaoli, makemeanofferandwin,aram 321, etc.-but most of you already know that). I finally got around to checking a book I bought from him last year (when I knew little about him and even less about comic grading/checking) and see that it has been trimmed. I told him I plan to list it on ebay explaining who I bought it from and disclosing the trimming. He says he will lodge a complaint if I do that- he also says sorry, no refund. Question is- will ebay allow me to mention him in the listing? I know the guy is a crook, but will ebay back him up if I speak negatively?

He'll say that you are defaming him without any proof, and they'll take the auction down. Even if you talk to ebay customer service, none of those people have any idea about comics, much less trimming and restoration issues.

I wish you the best of luck, but I wouldn't hold out any hope that the auction will stay up...

I gather that they will pull the listing, and if you have a poor attitude then the will end you from eBay.

There needs to be a viable competitor to eBay, with better policies and customer service.

Well, I gotta say, there is nothing like getting ripped off to give me a poor attitude. Any possibility of getting the old policy back where you can contact bidders to give them a heads up about the scammers? Oh, that's right- ebay is afraid of losing money to "second offer" sellers. better to just let these a-holes run wild than to lose a buck, I guess.

Some of our members here have been able to contact some bidders, I don't know how they found the user names. Some of this is found by comparing feedback data and cross referencing them to identify a user who sold or bought something. That is hard to do.

I gather that they will pull the listing, and if you have a poor attitude then the will end you from eBay.

There needs to be a viable competitor to eBay, with better policies and customer service.

Well, I gotta say, there is nothing like getting ripped off to give me a poor attitude. Any possibility of getting the old policy back where you can contact bidders to give them a heads up about the scammers? Oh, that's right- ebay is afraid of losing money to "second offer" sellers. better to just let these a-holes run wild than to lose a buck, I guess.

I do think it would be more productive if you actually contacted eBay and told them the history of your purchase. Maybe if they do receive enough personal complaints, eBay might begin to see the pattern, and believe us. Regards,

Some of our members here have been able to contact some bidders, I don't know how they found the user names. Some of this is found by comparing feedback data and cross referencing them to identify a user who sold or bought something. That is hard to do.

I do think it would be more productive if you actually contacted eBay and told them the history of your purchase. Maybe if they do receive enough personal complaints, eBay might begin to see the pattern, and believe us. Regards,

I may try that, but my experience with ebay is that they don't want to rock to boat. I tried to get a refund once for a book that was not as described (which the seller wouldn't take back), and while their "buyer protection" policy allows for that very thing, they ended up telling me that I "didn't ask enough questions about the book" (and that bit of make-it-up-as-you-go-along condition is no where to be found in their "guarantee")- and couldn't help me. I eventually did get the refund from my credit card company after returning the book. Lesson: always pay by credit card linked to pay pal-never checking account. But I digress...

:bump:

Just spoke with an ebayer that won an ASM 6 and the Xmen 2 from makemeanofferandwin and cdpaoli. He gave both books to CGC to get signed by Stan Lee....i have a feeling this isn't going to be so good. :tonofbricks:

Ugh what did he say when you informed him of their past shenanigans?

Just spoke with an ebayer that won an ASM 6 and the Xmen 2 from makemeanofferandwin and cdpaoli. He gave both books to CGC to get signed by Stan Lee....i have a feeling this isn't going to be so good. :tonofbricks:

Maybe he'll get "lucky" and it will turn out that he got overgraded books rather than restored ones.

He's probably passed out on the floor.

DR.X