• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

He seems to know full well what's up with those books, hence him being so defensive and hostile. It would've happened eventually

Yup, now that I see Scott's whole story it makes more sense.

Up until Scott's last post I wasn't convinced.

These sellers in question continue to get the most people watching their comicbook auctions.

I don`t know if this means people like looking at train wrecks or think they are getting a good deal.

hm

Well, like robojo, they week-in-and-week-out have what appear to be "stellar" books, and lots of Keys, and just about 100% Marvels...so most every idjut in eBayville has them bookmarked and most likely check their auctions daily or very often...it would be interesting to see how many repeat buyers they have...I haven't really compiled that...very depressing... :tonofbricks:

Are these guys using photoshop or something? because from even farway I can guess it`s one of thier books just by looking at it, like I will see a silver age book in the photo and say to myself, wow nice color so it has to be one of thier infamous books.

Hi

no one really answered this, is it a good photoshop job that makes thier auctions standout or is the color touch so obvious? I asked because I track lots of collectables by Ebay watchers and not only do the comicbook sellers in question consistenly have the most watchers in comics but also the most watchers in all collectables, also its not just the robo guy,the other named sellers have high watch counts as well. if I can tell something is up with the coloring you would think comicbook buyers with more experience then I have would notice this as well. The colors are a dead giveaway for all of these sellers mentioned. They just look too nice for comics 40+ years old.

Total BS on his part,and he's caught...sums it up.

English is a second language to this guy and your writing is really tough to follow on the best of days, Scott. No offense.

I thought that he just thought that he had lucked out with a cheap purchase and is trying to make a buck.

Fair enough, if you think that he is evading where he got the book from because he knows it's restored. From what you're saying now it's quite convincing.

Fair enough Roy,that is true...i know my writing is horrible,at least here on the boards.English is my first language,and mine is horrible,period.

I usually try to convey my thoughts so that they can be understood tho.

My messages thru Ebay were quite clear in question..."Did you buy the book off of ebay from lexerific/aram321/cdpoali/makemeanofferandwin or Robojoe33?These are all known Ebay scammers selling restored books as non-restored."

His answer was NO,definitely not...i don't see any confusion in the question,or his reply.

These sellers in question continue to get the most people watching their comicbook auctions.

I don`t know if this means people like looking at train wrecks or think they are getting a good deal.

hm

Well, like robojo, they week-in-and-week-out have what appear to be "stellar" books, and lots of Keys, and just about 100% Marvels...so most every idjut in eBayville has them bookmarked and most likely check their auctions daily or very often...it would be interesting to see how many repeat buyers they have...I haven't really compiled that...very depressing... :tonofbricks:

Are these guys using photoshop or something? because from even farway I can guess it`s one of thier books just by looking at it, like I will see a silver age book in the photo and say to myself, wow nice color so it has to be one of thier infamous books.

Hi

no one really answered this, is it a good photoshop job that makes thier auctions standout or is the color touch so obvious? I asked because I track lots of collectables by Ebay watchers and not only do the comicbook sellers in question consistenly have the most watchers in comics but also the most watchers in all collectables, also its not just the robo guy,the other named sellers have high watch counts as well. if I can tell something is up with the coloring you would think comicbook buyers with more experience then I have would notice this as well. The colors are a dead giveaway for all of these sellers mentioned. They just look too nice for comics 40+ years old.

Photo shop not needed.

Not hard to follow CGC slabs that are cracked out and re-listed as raw books when the books are the same.Just like fingerprints,if the marks match,they match.

hm

Hi

no one really answered this, is it a good photoshop job that makes thier auctions standout or is the color touch so obvious? I asked because I track lots of collectables by Ebay watchers and not only do the comicbook sellers in question consistenly have the most watchers in comics but also the most watchers in all collectables, also its not just the robo guy,the other named sellers have high watch counts as well. if I can tell something is up with the coloring you would think comicbook buyers with more experience then I have would notice this as well. The colors are a dead giveaway for all of these sellers mentioned.

Danny Dupcak/robojo33 is notorious for photoshopping his images to make the books look pristine. I'm sure others have picked up on this over time and are doing the same thing. Hell, sellers are taking pics at the same angle as robojo, why not use his other "selling techniques", too

It keeps getting "filtered"..it read:

Give me your full address **** ****after I **** you gone in the ground mother ******.

Obviously this person has some head issue. :insane:

Well?

Did you give him your full address?

Furthermore, this is proof he is reading this thread now, because I mentioned him not knowing where you lived earlier and now he wants your address. So...

:hi: Peter

Glad I avoided him like the plague in August when he was listing and ending the auctions on the book. I asked him simple questions as well and he was a huge A S S in his replies. I then asked him if he would be at Fanexpo so I could see the book and possibly work something out and he got even more rude.

The threats to krypto are totally unforgivable.

Roy, you are being way to easy on a guy that has lied, most likely knows the book is restored and has now threatened a fellow board member with physical violence.

When Dr. Frankenstein did it he was crucified. So should CORGIPETER!

On another note, I had ebay delete a scammer out of France today.

Username was pptdk_123

Not sure if you guys saw the ASM 129 9.8 for sale.

Well the guy stated he preferred bank transfers (hehe) over paypal and had a feedback of 5. :screwy:

So I won the book on the weekend for $3,000 to call his bluff.

I told him paypal or no deal.

He gave no real reason why he wouldn't use paypal and where he got the book from.

He saw that I was not going to fall for his BS so he relisted the book and I promptly gave him negative feedback to warn other buyers.

I then pulled his contact information (since I did win an auction from him) and tried calling him in France.

This afternoon a lady picked up and never heard of the guy (Enzo Mallo is the name).

So I reported all this to ebay and just got an email saying that my listing has been removed the the seller is no longer a registered ebay user.

So one more for the good guys. (thumbs u

Username was pptdk_123

Well the guy stated he preferred bank transfers (hehe) over paypal and had a feedback of 5. :screwy:

He gave no real reason why he wouldn't use paypal and where he got the book from.

He saw that I was not going to fall for his BS so he relisted the book and I promptly gave him negative feedback to warn other buyers.

I then pulled his contact information (since I did win an auction from him) and tried calling him in France.

This afternoon a lady picked up and never heard of the guy (Enzo Mallo is the name).

So I reported all this to ebay and just got an email saying that my listing has been removed the the seller is no longer a registered ebay user.

Nice. One less vermin for the people that still buy on ebay.

Username was pptdk_123

:applause:

XLNT work Bruno!

Roy, you are being way to easy on a guy that has lied, most likely knows the book is restored and has now threatened a fellow board member with physical violence.

Like I said, I didn't have the whole picture and he also had some unrestored books with him as well so I hadn't really made my case until I saw Scott's last post.

(thumbs u

Username was pptdk_123

XLNT work Bruno!

Thanks.

That makes 3 people I personally had booted off ebay.

Username was pptdk_123

Excellent work, well done.

Excellent work, well done!

XLNT work Bruno!

Thanks.

Username was pptdk_123

XLNT work Bruno!

Thanks.

You're my hero Bruno!

Greatest-American-Hero.jpg

Username was pptdk_123

XLNT work Bruno!

Thanks.

You're my hero Bruno!

Greatest-American-Hero.jpg

In it's day I loved that show. Wow we are old.