• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

The owner of the Mikey44u account said he stopped allowing them to use the account around Jan 4th.Looks like there havent been any recent use of the account either after that point,just 1 feedback recieved a week later from a previous purchase...so there probably won't be too many more to follow from Mikey44u.

The Spidey 20 mentioned here just sold for $426.80 if anyone is keeping score....

Well this is clearly the same book so if they're not using mikey44u now they no-doubt have set up another buyer account so we'll have to try and find that one... :wishluck:

The owner of the Mikey44u account said he stopped allowing them to use the account around Jan 4th.Looks like there havent been any recent use of the account either after that point,just 1 feedback recieved a week later from a previous purchase...so there probably won't be too many more to follow from Mikey44u.

Well this is clearly the same book so if they're not using mikey44u now they no-doubt have set up another buyer account so we'll have to try and find that one... :wishluck:

Whoops- I buried that last post in the text of the previous post-sorry-(try again)-The Spidey 20 mentioned here just sold for $426.80 if anyone is keeping score....

Here's a good one....

Seller named magicdragonenterprises with ZERO feedback selling an ASM 17 raw in Fine condition for $400.

The one and only bidder has ZERO feedback as well.

And of course... "We have a strict no return policy"

lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Comics-Amazing-Spiderman-17-/250760273618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a627a1ed2

I was shill bidded against by a user called 'comicsncardsforu' I believe was his name. He had 150 positive transactions with a 100% feedback.

I noticed when I was bidding for an item this other seller would come and bid on the item, so I clicked on that bidder's 'disguised' profile. 100% of the activity was with that guy, he had a '0' ranking, and had placed bids across his entire catalog of items sold.

I submitted a shill bidding case that day. I informed him about what shill bidding was, and he tried to pull the 'I don't know what you're talking about so let's just cancel the deal.' Before cancelling I left negative feedback and then cancelled as he couldn't touch my feedback then.

He then proceeded to get extremely angry, threatening lawsuits and reporting to eBay on improper feedback and slander. I have one of the e-mails, it's pretty good:

"Transaction was canceled! Please remove negative feedback as transaction was never completed. If you do not RIGHT AWAY, I will report you for "feedback manipulation" immediatly.

- comicsncardsforu"

Without me responding, ten minutes later he writes this:

"I have reported you to eBay for "feedback manipulation" and "inappropriate feedback". It is against eBay feedback guidelines to leave feedback when "At the time the item ended or the Feedback was left, either member participating in the transaction was unable to form a legally binding contract." It is also inappropriate to make "References to eBay or PayPal investigations" which I have now opened."

I sent him a nice e-mail with the definition of a shill bidder so he could understand it more, and signed "Hugs & Kisses" as my complementary closing. His response:

"You have been reported and are no longer allowed to make offers or bid on my items. I will be adding slander and false acusations to the report. Thankyou for your concern."

The last e-mail I sent to him gave him examples of eBay shill bidders going to jail & being levied fines. I sent him 6 articles I believe and told him he should dedicate a whole day to reading them.

Not two days later his account is no longer on eBay and my auction was removed.

I was shill bidded against by a user called 'comicsncardsforu' I believe was his name. He had 150 positive transactions with a 100% feedback.

I noticed when I was bidding for an item this other seller would come and bid on the item, so I clicked on that bidder's 'disguised' profile. 100% of the activity was with that guy, he had a '0' ranking, and had placed bids across his entire catalog of items sold.

I submitted a shill bidding case that day. I informed him about what shill bidding was, and he tried to pull the 'I don't know what you're talking about so let's just cancel the deal.' Before cancelling I left negative feedback and then cancelled as he couldn't touch my feedback then.

He then proceeded to get extremely angry, threatening lawsuits and reporting to eBay on improper feedback and slander. I have one of the e-mails, it's pretty good:

"Transaction was canceled! Please remove negative feedback as transaction was never completed. If you do not RIGHT AWAY, I will report you for "feedback manipulation" immediatly.

- comicsncardsforu"

Without me responding, ten minutes later he writes this:

"I have reported you to eBay for "feedback manipulation" and "inappropriate feedback". It is against eBay feedback guidelines to leave feedback when "At the time the item ended or the Feedback was left, either member participating in the transaction was unable to form a legally binding contract." It is also inappropriate to make "References to eBay or PayPal investigations" which I have now opened."

I sent him a nice e-mail with the definition of a shill bidder so he could understand it more, and signed "Hugs & Kisses" as my complementary closing. His response:

"You have been reported and are no longer allowed to make offers or bid on my items. I will be adding slander and false acusations to the report. Thankyou for your concern."

The last e-mail I sent to him gave him examples of eBay shill bidders going to jail & being levied fines. I sent him 6 articles I believe and told him he should dedicate a whole day to reading them.

Not two days later his account is no longer on eBay and my auction was removed.

Great job! Let's keep nailing these arseholes! (thumbs u

The guy who threatened to kill me last week by putting a bullet between my eyes for asking if I could pick the comic up now has a negative 1. He sold it to someone else and then tried to tack on a ton of fees for shipping which amounted to about $150 for shipping. Of course this buyer is now going to get hit with his "restocking fee". I emailed the buyer offline to warn him, but he already figured out this guys MO.

Part of his email to me when I asked where it shipped from and if it was local if I could pick it up:

"Like you're the only person in the World that would buy this comic book. There'd be no way I would allow you near my home or business and if I did meet you in person, I'd definately carry my consealed permit, because I'd put a bullet right between your eyes you disgusting pervert. Don't you ever message me again pig.

- mama75of2"

EBay of course did nothing when I filed the harassment complaint. They gave me a number and the person on the other end on the Ebay side was about as competent as a chair doing calculus. I almost made it to the precinct yesterday, but being an ex-cop I know I would be spinning my wheels. Take the report and poop-can it especially since it crosses state lines.

The Auction

The guy who threatened to kill me last week by putting a bullet between my eyes for asking if I could pick the comic up now has a negative 1. He sold it to someone else and then tried to tack on a ton of fees for shipping which amounted to about $150 for shipping. Of course this buyer is now going to get hit with his "restocking fee". I emailed the buyer offline to warn him, but he already figured out this guys MO.

Part of his email to me when I asked where it shipped from and if it was local if I could pick it up:

"Like you're the only person in the World that would buy this comic book. There'd be no way I would allow you near my home or business and if I did meet you in person, I'd definately carry my consealed permit, because I'd put a bullet right between your eyes you disgusting pervert. Don't you ever message me again pig.

- mama75of2"

EBay of course did nothing when I filed the harassment complaint. They gave me a number and the person on the other end on the Ebay side was about as competent as a chair doing calculus. I almost made it to the precinct yesterday, but being an ex-cop I know I would be spinning my wheels. Take the report and poop-can it especially since it crosses state lines.

The Auction

One of the folks who left feedback for this seller was Lone Tree Comics here on the board.

My Brother just recently joined the Collectors Society/Ebay,ect...so i'm just bumping a few valuable "reads" to the top that all "nOObs" should read....

Hi Bro! :hi:

Welcome to the "asylum".... :devil:

:bump:

THX Scott! I have been super busy...probably about the 3rd time I've been on General in the last 3-4 weeks...wow/slipped to page 12...gotta keep this up front...

Still wish the mods would creat a sticky on top front page for auction fraud alert posts... :frustrated:

I recognized this book immediately as I've been looking at X-Men 1 copies lately.

Link

It was sold by a seller with no feedback last month. (GPA data Feb-10-2011 $2,800 Cert# 1017030006)

Looks like it's up again for sale by a seller with no feedback this month. Any ideas what kind of scam the sellers got rolling right now?

Buyer beware!

I recognized this book immediately as I've been looking at X-Men 1 copies lately.

Link

It was sold by a seller with no feedback last month. (GPA data Feb-10-2011 $2,800 Cert# 1017030006)

Looks like it's up again for sale by a seller with no feedback this month. Any ideas what kind of scam the sellers got rolling right now?

Buyer beware!

Yeah and look at his starting price on the Avengers 4 7.5

How do people with no feedback expect to get away with this s h i t.

Don't they understand that paypal does not release the funds to them until the buyer gives them positive feedback?

So dumb.

Link

Buyer beware!

Yeah and look at his starting price on the Avengers 4 7.5

How do people with no feedback expect to get away with this s h i t.

Don't they understand that paypal does not release the funds to them until the buyer gives them positive feedback?

So dumb.

Any idea on how to look up the old auction on eBay? I'm curious to see what feedback was left for that seller with a rating of 0.

seller hasn't sold anything since 11/2009 and this is his only item for sale. no doubt he is leaving the country. I like how he trimmed the MC to a smooth edge. however its a blue label and looks playable for at least 4.0

seller hasn't sold anything since 11/2009 and this is his only item for sale. no doubt he is leaving the country. I like how he trimmed the MC to a smooth edge. however its a blue label and looks playable for at least 4.0

Reported it as an inaccurate listing since there is no 10.0 or 9.9 slabs in existence.