• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

Nice :applause: Now if only we could get the FBI(since their scam is international) to throw them in jail for a long time.

Yes absolutely. On a local level all they would get is probation and a directive to give refunds to anyone asking for it now. I'd rather they go to jail, though I'd love to get my money back.

Wonderful :golfclap: Kudos to Rob and the rest of you guys for refusing to give up and for making this hobby safer.

I can't click on any of these guys feedback. I'm curious, is that typical that non-registered users feedback is hidden or did ebay do this to protect themselves?

And shame on ebay for refusing to do anything until they were threatened with legal action.

Wonderful :golfclap: Kudos to Rob and the rest of you guys for refusing to give up and for making this hobby safer.

I can't click on any of these guys feedback. I'm curious, is that typical that non-registered users feedback is hidden or did ebay do this to protect themselves?

And shame on ebay for refusing to do anything until they were threatened with legal action.

Only aram321 (their primary buying account) and lexerific (not sure why specifically on this one) are private...you can access feedback still for cdpaoli and makemeanofferandwin...

Amazing what a little persistence can do.

Wonder who long before they come back.

Hey Roy...

I got makemeanofferandwin naru-ed awhile back and it lasted less than 30 days so we shall see... :wishluck:

Gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Only aram321 (their primary buying account) and lexerific (not sure why specifically on this one) are private...you can access feedback still for cdpaoli and makemeanofferandwin...

I can't. Their feedback # is in black and un-clickable

I realize that but you can still scroll through the items below... (shrug)

I also named someone else in the complaint that is cracking and bumping up grades, but not outright committing fraud. He's still active and if I see a complaint here that someone was screwed by him I'll PM you so you can go after Ebay as well.

You guys only got to see about half the complaint. I looked over the board and put a lot of information together from what was written on this board.

Now I'm fighting with my local ISP cable service provider. Why can't people and companies just "do the right thing"?

Ooops. My apologies for leaving my brain in my other suit.

Ooops. My apologies for leaving my brain in my other suit.

Just remember...no brains...no hangover... :insane:

Just remember...no brains...no hangover... :insane:

doh! That's been my problem all these years?

I get less headaches now that I'm almost 50......., almost 40 years of killing off my ing brain cells. :eek:

any news on this? :gossip:

Part of it:

Re: Intent to file with California Attorney General’s office

Ebay has been alerted by its complaint process of several users working together to commit fraud using your website. Ebay to date has not investigated or prevented these persons from continuing their activities. Ebay is going to be named in this complaint along with John Doe sellers using the accounts:

• Makemeanofferandwin

• lexerific

• aram321

• cdpaoli

These users, which may be one user that has four accounts, will buy collectible comic books that are usually professionally restored and then sell them out of their sealed graded cases as un-restored. Taking a comic out of its graded protected case is called “cracking” and is common with these collectibles to defraud a potential buyer. These users have bought restored comics on eBay and then sold them as un-restored and have made tens of thousands of dollars in the process by misrepresentation and fraud. These users have also “cracked” un-restored books and sold them at higher grades than their certifications allow.

Restoration is not detectable to the untrained eye. Restoration is more viable under light from 200nm-400nm because of the difference in luminescence. Most buyers would not be aware they have a restored book, which is usually worth only 10% of its un-restored value, until they send it out for professional grading.

Ebay has been alerted thought its complaint process by several users and the discussion of their activities has been cataloged through several websites where collectors congregate. Evidence within these collector web sites show high resolution scans of restored comics sold to one of the above users (crease lines, imperfections and other identifiable items) and then shows these users selling the same book identified by the above as “un-restored” under another of the above names. Like a fingerprint, it is very unlikely that an identified comic by its imperfections is not the same ones that these users are selling; especially when it’s a reoccurring event.

Because of the costs of these collectibles, which can exceed $1,000 and encroach $10,000, their state of residence being the same as Ebay, this is an issue for the state attorney general of California. Because Ebay was alerted and these users were allowed to continue, Ebay may also be held accountable if financial restitution to these buyers if required.