• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

Take a look at this ~~

The Complete Alfred Bester's Stars My Destination by Howard Chaykin & Byron Preiss GN (1992) $10

12426.jpg

:takeit:

Now you're just trying to hurt me.

That is one book that continues to elude me.

I'm showing signs of unhealthy interest here, but my World Of Warcraft character for over 6 years has been named Gully and I have drawn I can't tell you how many headshots of Gulliver with his full Maori tattoo, both in black, and later red.

What does Fassbender think of the daybed?

Not enough room to deliver the package.

Need to do a another remodel and add some more room for Fassbender and his unmentionables.

So, welcome to my journal thread.

If you've read starting at page one, you should realize this thread started as a thread about redoing a room from scratch from bare walls to full on comic book room man cave. The original title was the one that accompanies all of the posts up to this one. "Extreme..."

This has been on my mind for some time. Carve out a little place for myself and all my indigent sloth headed friends to hang out, a place to update the thread with new books on the wall, changes made to the room, new acquisitions, random comic related thoughts that don't deserve new threads, random non-related comic thoughts...you know. Coffee. Talk. No big whoop.

So, I guess this is the initial post of my journal! Or the half dozen of my bros that predate this post, marked with yesterday's date. Yes, I don't even get to have the initial post in my journal thread. And yes, this is going to be that kind of journal. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Summer goals:

Upload and post all pics of changes made to the room since 2009.

Hrm. Guess that should have read, "goal".

What does Fassbender think of the daybed?

From this day forward, "Fassbender" will be used exclusively for "daybed".

Also, "dong", "Fassbender" (the Actor), "men's cologne", "smurf", and "Raven" (the Actress).

Did you guys see what Fassbender did on the Fassbender? He smelled like Fassbender. Girl, that's so Fassbender.

He was my first writer.

He was my first philosopher.

Like him, libraries were my mother. Libraries were my father.

I have had the honor and the privilege of teaching groups of students Literature on three different occasions. This past school year, for the third time, I took them through Fahrenheit 451. I taught them to take ruled paper and write the other way. I taught them that people are more important than things. I taught them that one of the purposes of media is to isolate us, further isolate us, to make sycophants and i.diots of us all, and that we must ever be on guard against its innate power to dumb us down. I taught them that books are like the tower of Babel, bits and pieces of information, bits and pieces of information, but that we mustn't fear this; this is one of the elegant beauties of books. They war with each other and debate each other, and nestle next to each other as old friends on a cold night. I taught the children that there will be firemen named Black and Stone and against them, we must be brave and courageous, but there will also be men named Beatty, and against them we must be wise, discerning, on guard with our intellect, our books, our worldviews. I taught them that of all the things in this world, 1. Quality of information, 2. The leisure to comprehend it, and 3. The ability to act upon it, is as good a maxim for a way of living as they will likely find. I taught them not simply to believe because I said so, because anyone said so, but to test, reprove and challenge all teaching, thinking, leadership, information. I taught them that all humans live out their lives filling out one of these three roles, but that only one comes closest to the role that is innate. There are creators, there are consumers and there are destroyers. One is divine, one is mundane, and one is profane. It is up to them to determine the course for their lives. As for me, I will be one in the Guild of the Asbestos Weavers. I taught these children all of this and more, because Ray Bradbury first taught them to me.

He has given me more joy, more wonderment, more pleasure than any other writer ever has, living or dead. "And There Will Come Soft Rains" and, "And the Moon be Still as Bright" were my first poems. They continue to serve me well.

My first novel is a love song to Mr. Bradbury. This post is my goodbye. If I might steal from him once more, (who am I kidding? I will continue to steal from him for some time to come)

With The Toynbee Convector at his feet, The Martian Chronicles in his right hand, Fahrenheit 451 in his left, and Poe, Shakespeare, Melville and the rest nestled all around, safe traveling, friend.

So this is my first pic of myself in the thread. I'm the one on the end in the red shirt. My best friend in the world is standing next to me, and another long time friend is on the end. The guy in the tights is not to be trusted.

This was us setting up as dealers at a local convention about three years ago.

ComicBookRoomRedo016.jpg