• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

Nate, I noticed one of the middle shelves had a step in it where the wood grain changed and it covered a panel.

Curious minds....

:whistle:

Killer job by the way.

Nice room Nate. I think the daybed is kinda girly though. Perhaps if you had told us it was a wet bar that held comics you would have got more street creds from us.

Nice room but I'm most impressed with your cute kids. Congrats.

Et'tu, Dave'tus?

Nate, I noticed one of the middle shelves had a step in it where the wood grain changed and it covered a panel.

Curious minds....

Killer job by the way.

Boy, you can really tell who reads the thread and who skims, eh? :baiting:

Yeah, in deciding how to handle the breaker box and still have as much viable shelf space on that wall, I decided to position the middle shelf on either side of the breaker pannel door and leave room for a hanging shelf that I can easily just pick up and move when I have to access the door. So that's what I did. That middle part you are seeing is removable. Just pick it up and open the door. But when it's attatched, it's just as sturdy and immovable as it needs to be for the comics, toys.

Curious minds....

Killer job by the way.

Boy, you can really tell who reads the thread and who skims, eh? :baiting:

Yeah, in deciding how to handle the breaker box and still have as much viable shelf space on that wall, I decided to position the middle shelf on either side of the breaker pannel door and leave room for a hanging shelf that I can easily just pick up and move when I have to access the door. So that's what I did. That middle part you are seeing is removable. Just pick it up and open the door. But when it's attatched, it's just as sturdy and immovable as it needs to be for the comics, toys.

That's what I thought it was. Well done.

Hard to believe that in 2 weeks you're going to do it all over again. Impressive. (thumbs u

Hrm?

Nobody bought it. :sorry:

I'm sorry, Mica. I'm still not following you.

Can I suggest something in the way of a flower? :foryou:

That was the best thread in a long time! (thumbs u It looks great and, hey, don't dis the day bed. Obviously those of you with comic rooms have never had any magic happen in them. :baiting:

I'm in the process of clearing my garage out to built my own man fort since I'm losing my room soon. Good to know about the wood flooring.

Whoa..!!! :o :o :o You MADE that??!!! :grin:

abbieperfect.jpg

The man cave looks really good Nate. The green is awesome, and I was wondering what your paint sample color said.......is that Green Goblin green or maybe Hulk green.....or is that more of a Green Lantern /Green Arrow green?

You have WAY more books than I have, so I guess I won't need a rolling daybed with storage underneath. Super cool that you did it all yourself too. HUZZAH !!

Whoa..!!! :o :o :o You MADE that??!!! :grin:

The man cave looks really good Nate. The green is awesome, and I was wondering what your paint sample color said.......is that Green Goblin green or maybe Hulk green.....or is that more of a Green Lantern /Green Arrow green?

You have WAY more books than I have, so I guess I won't need a rolling daybed with storage underneath. Super cool that you did it all yourself too. HUZZAH !!

"Only God can make a tree", Mike. :makepoint:

No, seriously, thanks. I think she's a keeper. I do make pretty babies. Unfortunately, they come with propensities towards diabetes, near-sightedness, and baldness.

Thanks for the compliments. I call it "chalkboard green", but Hulk Green sounds good too.

Top notch ManCavery hereabouts.

A few years back, in my neverending Money Pit remodels, I finished off the front half of the basement into Man Cave #1, complete with an arseload of built in book shelves, recessed lighting, bar (with fridge, but alas no sink), built in stereo, cable tv and DVD player, all the comforts of home, including both couch and recliner. Don't any of these namby pambies grazzle you about your day bed, sometimes it's just right to lie down and enjoy a book or a snooze, lol

Man Cave #2 continues slowly but surely.

When I built the deck on the back of the house I trenched out and ran new electrical service to our detached garage, along with phone and cable.

Phase two should be finished this weekend, when I do the final brick work for the heatolator columns and surround for the new wood stove.

Phase 3 will be next spring, insulation and ceiling covers, plywood walls where applicable, and there's already a recliner, stereo, phone, and cable teeve out there, all I'll need is a few cords of firewood and a couch!