• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See those WWII Japanese Covers
8 8

915 posts in this topic

Just won this on Heritage tonight. Why this insanely hard to find book isn't officially a classic cover, I have no idea. Does anyone know if any other covers reference the internment camps?

166627.jpg.d19a478d31f3ced77c8f7c3f0cf0c712.jpg

Edited by Hoarder

With today being the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, putting the U.S. into the conflict of WWII, thought this thread should get special treatment today. The patriotism the comics industry showed with some of the best covers ever produced were spurned on in large part because of the unfortunate tragedy. Till midnight, let's see those Japan covers..

photo_zps114d86c5.jpg

8477358884_748284a0e7_b.jpg

Chemical weapons were used in China but biological weapons were still a fantasy. However, there were plenty of germs to go around but fortunately the Germans developed antibiotics that were used by both sides.

8477358884_748284a0e7_b.jpg

Chemical weapons were used in China but biological weapons were still a fantasy. However, there were plenty of germs to go around but fortunately the Germans developed antibiotics that were used by both sides.

I think the first effective antibiotic -- penicillin -- was developed in England. Although discovered by Alexander Fleming in the 1920s, I think it took until around 1940 before it had been refined in a way that could be used to treat infections.

I don't believe the Germans had access to antibiotics during WW II.