• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,266 posts in this topic

How about Jason Momoa 6'4" 37 years old Game of Thrones / Tarzan

12161z5.jpg

That was him as Conan the Barbarian. Although it didn't hold up well at the box office, it wasn't a horrible movie. It just needed a better villain to spice it up.

But if anything, in my opinion, he would not be a good Tick choice. More for serious roles.

I'm kind of hoping for an unknown actor to get the part now. Someone who can truly make it his own with little to no history in my mind of his other roles. I even feel that's more plausible than a "star" making an attempt to outdo Patrick. That can easily come off as forced when these situations occur with replacements.

Okay...How about Travis Willingham then? 6'4" 35 years old. Youngest of the bunch and he already does a bunch of voice overs for cartoon characters like Thor...and he looks like he can relate to the Comic Con crowds as well?

ajuw5j.jpg

hm

hmhm

I'm kind of hoping for an unknown actor to get the part now. Someone who can truly make it his own with little to no history in my mind of his other roles. I even feel that's more plausible than a "star" making an attempt to outdo Patrick. That can easily come off as forced when these situations occur with replacements.

Okay...How about Travis Willingham then? 6'4" 35 years old. Youngest of the bunch and he already does a bunch of voice overs for cartoon characters like Thor...and he looks like he can relate to the Comic Con crowds as well?

ajuw5j.jpg

hm

hmhm

I instant messengered (IM) regarding this thread! I hope his casting agent looks into it. If so...it started all here!!! ....mostly!

A while back my wife asked me what book(s) she could get me for my upcoming birthday that would be truly special to me. I already knew what my answer would be, but I had no idea if they were going to be a possibility.

Once again the boards came through. I am extremely grateful for MetalPSI and Peasofcrap for playing such pivotal roles in what will truly be one of the most memorable birthdays I have ever had. My wife is as grateful as I am for being able to give these two books to me. Thank you both very much! :foryou:

161201.jpg.5237f479fa3abd2a5069e09216025511.jpg

161202.jpg.7b1f050e230a2d930942b656d82068cf.jpg

A while back my wife asked me what book(s) she could get me for my upcoming birthday that would be truly special to me. I already knew what my answer would be, but I had no idea if they were going to be a possibility.

Once again the boards came through. I am extremely grateful for MetalPSI and Peasofcrap for playing such pivotal roles in what will truly be one of the most memorable birthdays I have ever had. My wife is as grateful as I am for being able to give these two books to me. Thank you both very much! :foryou:

:headbang:

:applause:

:foryou:

Peasofcrap still waiting a reply. Sent you a PM a couple of days ago lol

:foryou:

(thumbs u

WOW!!! Truly awesome! Thanks for sharing. :whee::applause:(worship) Although my wife and I don't have any children of our own, except for our little dog Zoe, I sometimes wonder who I will leave our Tick collection to when its our time...which won't be for a VERY long time. No matter, it was a fleeting thought...now back to collecting! hehehehe.

The Tick by John Gallagher

tick-001.jpg

I freaking love The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

Holy ! That's almost scary! VERY NICE! And now...for some Evil Midnight Bomber Quotes thanks to The Ultimate Tick Fan Site...

Evil Midnight Bomber quotes from The Tick vs. The Tick

And so he says to me, you want to be a bad guy? and I say Yeah Baby! I want to be bad! I says Churchill space ponies I'm making gravy without the lumps! Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!

And he says to me, he says to me, you got Style, baby! but if you're gonna to be a real villain you gotta get a gimmick…and so I go I says Yeah Baby! A gimmick, that's it! High Explosives! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Yeah! Keep playing with fire, superpants, you don't know how much fire you're playing with! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

So he says to me, you gotta do something smart, baby, something big! He says you want to be a supervillain, right, and I go yeah baby, yeah yeah! What do I gotta do? He says you got bombs, blow up the Comet Club, it's packed with superheroes…you'll go down in supervillain history and I go Yeah baby 'cause I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

And so he says to me, you got legs, baby, you're everywhere…you're all over the place! Yeah!

Hi!

I just, uh, I just uh, wanted to use, the uh, and so he says Evil's OK in by my book what about yours and I go Yeah Baby Yeah! Yeah! I just wanted to uh, wash my hands…

Oh, that's just uh, Boom Baby Boom! I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!

Eat my smoke, copper! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

An object at rest, cannot be stopped!

Excuse me…excuse me…and then I says tell me I'm wrong, and he says I can't baby 'cause you're not !

This could happen to you, baby…this could happen to anybody!

And so he says, I don't like the cut of your jib, and I go, I says it's the only jib I got, baby!

Yeah baby!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber what bombs…Hey! Pay attention!

Yeah baby! and you've only got twenty seconds before you all…Eat Ceiling!!!

Yeah baby, oh yeah…

You'll never prove a thing, copper, I'm just a part time electrician…bad is good, baby! Down with government!

THE TICK MOUSE PAD 1996

THE TICK COMPUTER MOUSE PAD. 1996. MADE BY COOL STUFF A DIVISION OF GOOD STUFF CORP., 47-00 33 STREET LONG ISLAND CITY, NY 11101. WWW.GOODSTUFF.COM. EMAIL: INFO@GOODSTUFF.COM. UPC NO. 099234296006 THE TICK MP. THE MOUSE PAD HAS INSCRIBED, "I DARE BECAUSE I CARE." THE PACKAGING LABEL SAYS, "NO APPLAUSE NECESSARY...JUST DOING MY JOB." WRITTEN ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE PACKAGING LABEL IS, "ANTI STATIC, DELUXE SURFACE IMPROVES MOUSE TRACKING, NON-SLIP OPEN-CELL RUBBER BACKING ELIMINATES DESK SLIPPAGE, REDUCES MOUSE WEAR," MADE IN THE USA TM & 1996 FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. "TICK" CHARACTER TM & 1996 BEN EDLUND. THIS ONE'S REALLY COOL BECAUSE IT'S MADE OUT OF NEOPRENE THE SAME STUFF AS MY RIP-CURL BODY GLOVE!

2lt4rvt.jpg