• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Batman has crossed the line!

photo batman.gif

Which brings about another question. If I was Superman, I would just throw Batman up up up and into the Sun. Superman Vs. Batman really? That's ALMOST as ridiculous as Batman Vs. The Tick!

WHATTTT - this got missed?

'Lie to Me' Actor Brendan Hines Joins The Tick

According to Deadline, Brendan Hines has join the cast of Amazon's revival of the live-action superhero comedy The Tick.

Hines will play "Superian, a superhero with issues."

You may recognize the 39-year old actor as Eli Loker on Lie to Me, Gideon Wallace on Scandal, or, more recently, as Drew Baker on Scorpion.

brendanhinesthetick-176419.png

Oh nice, I really like his character on Lie To Me. He carries himself and speaks in such a way he is going to be a great asset to the show, much like the others selected. Amazon is doing an excellent job with casting so far!

:whee:

Agreed. This is actually going to make me use my prime video account :grin:

How Amazon's Tick reboot aims to stand out in a crowded superhero landscape

In a pop-culture landscape absolutely jam-packed with superheroes, how do you break out from the crowd? Amazon Studios and the producers of 2001’s short-lived live-action series The Tick hope they have the answer.

“I said at the time [that] the network didn’t necessarily get it,” says Barry Josephson, an executive producer on the original Tick as well as the upcoming reboot. “And I don’t know that we were doing exactly the version that was right, but we were happy with it.”

Indeed, while the series might have ended prematurely, Josephson says that he was asked constantly by friends and strangers when the show might make a return. The producer reached out to Edlund a few years ago to propose, “Let’s go back and do The Tick right.”

Edlund, who created the comic when he was just 18 years old, is returning to shape his character for the new pilot, as are executive producers Josephson and Warburton, and original studio Sony Pictures TV​. The development process at Amazon is unique: Pilots are shown to the public before the studio decides which shows will go forward. Less than half of the pilots go to series, but then again, most don’t carry the cult-following cachet of The Tick.

“It feels like on one hand you can say the superhero landscape is crowded but I think over the last two decades of it there’s nothing else like The Tick,” says Joe Lewis, head of half-hour series at Amazon. “I feel like it has found this unique place where it’s long existed as a satire and I thought that we had the possibility here to do something really different — something that’s filled with satire but also true to action-comedies and superhero comedies.”

“We’ve got this show about superheroes [where] we get to have fun with the idea of superheroes by starting with kind of a comedic parody of [an] event-oriented-like universe,” he explains. “It will be darker and more grounded. And it’s going to have a real story, a real hero’s myth. We’re the ones that get to have fun with it and that’s kind of the situation where right now that’s an open field in this area of entertainment.”

:wishluck:

In a pop-culture landscape absolutely jam-packed with superheroes, how do you break out from the crowd? Amazon Studios and the producers of 2001’s short-lived live-action series The Tick hope they have the answer.

“I said at the time [that] the network didn’t necessarily get it,” says Barry Josephson, an executive producer on the original Tick as well as the upcoming reboot. “And I don’t know that we were doing exactly the version that was right, but we were happy with it.”

Indeed, while the series might have ended prematurely, Josephson says that he was asked constantly by friends and strangers when the show might make a return. The producer reached out to Edlund a few years ago to propose, “Let’s go back and do The Tick right.”

Edlund, who created the comic when he was just 18 years old, is returning to shape his character for the new pilot, as are executive producers Josephson and Warburton, and original studio Sony Pictures TV​. The development process at Amazon is unique: Pilots are shown to the public before the studio decides which shows will go forward. Less than half of the pilots go to series, but then again, most don’t carry the cult-following cachet of The Tick.

“It feels like on one hand you can say the superhero landscape is crowded but I think over the last two decades of it there’s nothing else like The Tick,” says Joe Lewis, head of half-hour series at Amazon. “I feel like it has found this unique place where it’s long existed as a satire and I thought that we had the possibility here to do something really different — something that’s filled with satire but also true to action-comedies and superhero comedies.”

“We’ve got this show about superheroes [where] we get to have fun with the idea of superheroes by starting with kind of a comedic parody of [an] event-oriented-like universe,” he explains. “It will be darker and more grounded. And it’s going to have a real story, a real hero’s myth. We’re the ones that get to have fun with it and that’s kind of the situation where right now that’s an open field in this area of entertainment.”

:wishluck::wishluck:

:wishluck::wishluck:

Who would win. Superman or The Tick...with a spear made from Krytonite? Yeah...just finished watching Superman Vs. Batman.

And what would you score the movie?

:baiting:

I'd give it a B or B+. Least favorite part...The Ending (Here's a big spoiler. If you've watched the previews you see that Doomsday makes an appearance). Favorite scene...Batman fighting Superman (reminds me of The Hulk fighting Loki...pretty funny stuff, but hard to really take serious...should have added some "Kapows!").