• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

33cu9w0.jpg

Bill Mantlo was a longtime comic book writer who, at his time at the publisher, co-created the character Rocket Raccoon. In 1992 he was the victim of a hit and run driver, and suffered brain injury as a result. He needs constant hospital care, and there have been a number of fundraising runs to help his circumstances.

Well last week, Bill Mantlo had a birthday celebration, including a gift created for him by Michael Fett, Randy O’Knight, Alfred Trujillo, Kip Mussatt, Jimmy Jay and Cara Nicole.

It was a huge wooden sword that had been illustrated/signed/dedicated by upwards of sixty comics people and some extra “celebrity” signers at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con.

1. George Pérez – White Tiger (a character he co-created with Bill) on Pommel (DC Comics/Marvel)

2. Greg Capullo – Batman (Main Artist on D.C. Comics title Batman)

3. Todd McFarlane – Spawn (Image Comics Founder)

4. Shelby Robertson – Spider-Man (Former Image Artist)

5. Travis Hanson – Troll (The Bean from Bean Leaf Press)

6. Thom Zahler (Love and Capes)

7. Chad Hardin – Harley Quinn (DC Comics artist)

8. Steve Epting – Captain America (Marvel Comics/DC Comics, Winter Soldier creator)

9. Adam Kubert – Wolverine (DC/Marvel comics, Son of Joe Kubert and instructor at Kubert School)

10. Devin Roth – Tina (Animator on Fox’s Bob’s Burgers)

11. Mat Nastos – Phineas (Phineas and Ferb for Disney)

12. Nei Ruffino – Wonder Woman (colorist from Phoenix, AZ)

13. Livio Ramondelli – Optimus Prime (IDW Transformers)

14. Jeff Pina – Rocket Raccon (Local artist from Phoenix)

15. Val Hochberg Val Brazier – Groot (Local artist from Phoenix)

16. Joe Benitez – Lady Mechanika (Creator of Lady Mechanika)

17. Brian Pulido – Evil Ernie (Chaos Comics and Creator of Lady Death)

18. Dave Beaty – Batman (DC Comics)

19. Denae Frazier – Jessica Rabbit (Local artist from Phoenix)

20. Mike DeBalfo – Summer Breeze (Local artist from Phoenix)

21. Al Sparrow – Marionette (Local artist from Phoenix)

22. Marat Mychaels – Deadpool (Marvel Comics/Creator of Dead Pooh)

23. Kevin Eastman – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Mirage Comics creator of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

24. Steve McNiven – The Thing (Marvel Comics Fantastic Four/Guardians of the Galaxy)

25. Mark Bagley – The Hulk (Marvel Comics, Spider-Man) (Original Artwork appeared on History Channel’s Pawn Stars that same weekend)

26 Tony Parker – Groot (Image Comics/DC Comics)

27. Alfred Trujillo – Samantha (Local artist from Phoenix)

28. Jim Hanna – Captain America (Local artist from Phoenix)

29. Victor Moreno – Rocket Raccoon (Local artist from Phoenix)

30. Brent Donoho – Zombie Dog (Zombie Dog Creator)

31. Ross Demma –(Local artist from Phoenix)

32. Don Feldmeier – The Tick

33. Rob Liefeld – Deadpool (Marvel and Image creator of Deadpool)

34. Jamie Tyndall – Spider-Man (IDW/Valiant)

35. April Grady-reyna – Sailor Moon Montage (Local artist from Phoenix)

36. Chinh Potter – Carnage (Local artist from Phoenix)

37. Andy Bohn – Elvatron (Local artist from Phoenix)

38. Eddie Nunez – Robin (DC/Boom Studios/IDW)

39. Ryan Kincaid – Supergirl

40. Jason Worthington – Scarecrow(Local artist from Phoenix)

41. Deryl Skelton – Darkseid (DC Comics)

42. Latique Curry – Boba Fett (Local artist from Phoenix)

43. Andy Carreon – Thanos (Artist for Upper Deck)

44. Siya Oum – Lola XOXO (Aspen Comics)

45. Peter Steigerwald – Trike (Aspen Comics)

46. Brandon James –(Local artist from Phoenix)

47. Jacob Bear –

48. Chadwick Haverland – Zombie (Artist for Upper Deck)

49. Herb Trimpe – Wolverine (Marvel Comics Co Creator of Wolverine)

50. Herb Shultz –

51. Jason Cazarez –(Local artist from Phoenix)

52. Jed Thomas – Batman

53. Haiku Birdie –(Local artist from Phoenix)

54. Coop Bolton – Killer Tomato

55. Derrick Tipton – Nalia(Local artist from Phoenix)

56. Art of Chad Heinrich – Batman (Local artist from Phoenix)

57. St. Jimmy – Joker (Local artist from Phoenix)

58. Tim Vigil – (Faust creator, Rebel Studios)

59. Chris Wood – Jack Skelington –(Local artist from Phoenix)

60. Ruben Rosas – Lady Death (Local artist from Phoenix)

61. Natali Sanders – Dagger (Local artist from Phoenix)

With addition signatures from the Original Sailor Moon Voice Cast

1. Serena/Sailor Moon – Linda Ballantyne

2. Sailor Mars – Katie Griffin

3. Sailor Jupitor – Susan Roman

4. Tuxedo Mask – Toby Proctor

Walburton's humor was good as the Tick circa 2002 but does it hold up in 2016? Have to re-watch the dvd to compare:

g3lsdp1l.jpg

:cloud9:

And a Realm #4, which I have heard is now a passport requirement for Copper Forum access.

:whee:

Just so you know this is definitely happening, my dad got the job and starts construction of the sets in about 3 weeks, should start shooting in about 6 weeks. Start buying your Tick #1's now. Funny when he told me he got the Tick job and had no idea what it was.

YES!!!

Jackie Earle Haley Cast as The Terror in Amazon's The Tick

jackie-earle-haley-the-tick-178927.jpg

The Tick is coming back to live action thanks to Amazon, and now we know who Peter Serafinowicz, in the titular lead role, will be fighting. Jackie Earle Haley, no stranger to comic book adaptations, will play The Terror, the supervillain leader of evil in Ben Edlund's comic books (and a big bad in the previous adaptations of the material).

In the show's description of the character, he is "our world’s epitome of the criminal mastermind, a hooded ancient villain barking at his minions whose incredible will power and tenacity have powered an underworld syndicate for decades."

Just picked this up from eBay. Not sure why I bought it (I do love the Tick), but wasn't sure what I would actually do with it. Now I think I'll try to get an Edlund sketch on it if I ever get the chance. Came in a pack of 5, so I have extras. This was advertised as "a printed stationary sheet that would be used by the sales and marketing departments to compose customer-specific letters on."

Tick_Trading_Card Stationary_Thumb.jpg

Just picked this up from eBay. Not sure why I bought it (I do love the Tick), but wasn't sure what I would actually do with it. Now I think I'll try to get an Edlund sketch on it if I ever get the chance. Came in a pack of 5, so I have extras. This was advertised as "a printed stationary sheet that would be used by the sales and marketing departments to compose customer-specific letters on."

Tick_Trading_Card Stationary_Thumb.jpg

Hi Srezvan,

I hope you didn't spend too much on this "stationary". There are a couple things that look a little suspicious. The first thing I noticed was the "drop shadow" used on The Tick. I have never seen any graphics used on the original 1995 Panini Collectible Stickers, Catalog, Inserts, Box, or Advertisements ever using a drop shadow on this particular illustration. The Tick image itself is a mirror image of the catalog and The Tick. The Tick logo in the upper right hand corner does not have the fox kids network tm logo which was used in all other cases. The address in the fine print spells out Mount Laurel and the font is close to the one used with a couple minor deviations. The seller of this product has a lot of other stationery packs just like this that range from then to current animations. That being said, I am NO EXPERT. Please take this with a grain of salt. Just because I've never seen this before, doesn't mean that it didn't exist back in 1995. Just curious but did the paper show any evidence of aging? If you want the advice from a real expert, please contact Panini Group, I'm sure they will be able to assist. Let me know what you find out. If it's legit, heck I'll go buy some myself. Peace!

YES!!!

Jackie Earle Haley Cast as The Terror in Amazon's The Tick

jackie-earle-haley-the-tick-178927.jpg

The Tick is coming back to live action thanks to Amazon, and now we know who Peter Serafinowicz, in the titular lead role, will be fighting. Jackie Earle Haley, no stranger to comic book adaptations, will play The Terror, the supervillain leader of evil in Ben Edlund's comic books (and a big bad in the previous adaptations of the material).

In the show's description of the character, he is "our world’s epitome of the criminal mastermind, a hooded ancient villain barking at his minions whose incredible will power and tenacity have powered an underworld syndicate for decades."

Oh heck yeah! This one looks spot on! ^^

Hi Srezvan,

I hope you didn't spend too much on this "stationary". There are a couple things that look a little suspicious. The first thing I noticed was the "drop shadow" used on The Tick. I have never seen any graphics used on the original 1995 Panini Collectible Stickers, Catalog, Inserts, Box, or Advertisements ever using a drop shadow on this particular illustration. The Tick image itself is a mirror image of the catalog and The Tick. The Tick logo in the upper right hand corner does not have the fox kids network tm logo which was used in all other cases. The address in the fine print spells out Mount Laurel and the font is close to the one used with a couple minor deviations. The seller of this product has a lot of other stationery packs just like this that range from then to current animations. That being said, I am NO EXPERT. Please take this with a grain of salt. Just because I've never seen this before, doesn't mean that it didn't exist back in 1995. Just curious but did the paper show any evidence of aging? If you want the advice from a real expert, please contact Panini Group, I'm sure they will be able to assist. Let me know what you find out. If it's legit, heck I'll go buy some myself. Peace!

I sent an email to Panini. I'll let you know if I ever hear back.

ekjguo.jpg

THE TICK AND SENTINEL PRIME A BLUE TICK TRANSFORMER?

Sentinel's robot mode bears a strong resemblance to The Tick, which was a result of Townsend Coleman (the voice of the animated Tick) being cast in the role.