• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

If I want commercials I'll turn on my TV.
Sorry...not meant to be a commercial. I'm posting up everything I have that's Tick related in appreciation of a great cartoon character and because when I first started collecting Tick items I really couldn't find one place I could turn to in order to find out more factoids about it. But seriously...if you want me to stop...just type..."Please Stop"

Ah it's meant to be poking fun with an undertone of maybe editing the ad like saying, Hey you guys, check this spooning spoon out.

You know lol

No worries! I actually thought the same thing though. I thought I might get in trouble if I didn't only post CGC Graded comic books here. Since I only have maybe half a dozen of those I took a chance at posting other Tick stuff that I thought were pretty cool and then beg for forgiveness if the CGC police were monitoring this feed. :)

'The Tick' On Amazon: Peter Serafinowicz Lands Lead!

by Nellie Andreeva

March 22, 2016 4:19pm

EXCLUSIVE: British actor-comedian Peter Serafinowicz is set as the lead in the Amazon pilot The Tick, a new take on Ben Edlund‘s comic book character with an all-new cast. Edlund, who created the 2001 live-action Fox comedy as well as the 1994 animated series, is writing and executive producing. Also back are fellow original exec producer Barry Josephson and original studio Sony Pictures TV.

The reboot is bringing back the eponymous muscle-bound, antennae-sporting superhero (Serafinowicz). In the new incarnation, the blue-suited Tick is recovering from a memory loss and ends up reteaming with his sidekick Arthur (Griffin Newman) to fight evil. The two are surrounded by a new host of characters that include Arthur’s sister Dot (Valorie Curry).

In the Fox series, the Tick was played by Patrick Warburton, who is expected to serve as an executive producer on the new version. Transcendence helmer Wally Pfister is directing the Amazon pilot.

Serafinowicz has strong comic book and cult credentials with his roles in Marvel’s blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy and the 2004 sleeper hit Shaun of the Dead. He also voiced Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and UK’s Troika.

The Tick only lasted for nine episodes on Fox, but it was well received by critics and quickly achieved cult status.

https://t.co/NzDiZvM0KE

:whee:

by Nellie Andreeva

EXCLUSIVE: British actor-comedian Peter Serafinowicz is set as the lead in the Amazon pilot The Tick, a new take on Ben Edlund‘s comic book character with an all-new cast. Edlund, who created the 2001 live-action Fox comedy as well as the 1994 animated series, is writing and executive producing. Also back are fellow original exec producer Barry Josephson and original studio Sony Pictures TV.

The reboot is bringing back the eponymous muscle-bound, antennae-sporting superhero (Serafinowicz). In the new incarnation, the blue-suited Tick is recovering from a memory loss and ends up reteaming with his sidekick Arthur (Griffin Newman) to fight evil. The two are surrounded by a new host of characters that include Arthur’s sister Dot (Valorie Curry).

In the Fox series, the Tick was played by Patrick Warburton, who is expected to serve as an executive producer on the new version. Transcendence helmer Wally Pfister is directing the Amazon pilot.

Serafinowicz has strong comic book and cult credentials with his roles in Marvel’s blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy and the 2004 sleeper hit Shaun of the Dead. He also voiced Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and UK’s Troika.

The Tick only lasted for nine episodes on Fox, but it was well received by critics and quickly achieved cult status.

:ohnoez::facepalm::makepoint::odoh!:hi:(thumbs u:sumo::acclaim::banana::whee:

by Nellie Andreeva

Thats great news thanks for sharing (thumbs u

Interestingly enough this hasnt caused an uptick (pun intended) with Tick books online

I know it's crude and the costumes crappy but...I still think he would have been a pretty cool Tick, that's all I'm saying...okay...now for some popcorn!

I liked it the first time you posted it.

:baiting:

By the way, I went to check out the rest of the series (Seasons 1-3). Pretty funny stuff.

Thats great news thanks for sharing (thumbs u

Interestingly enough this hasnt caused an uptick (pun intended) with Tick books online

The mark of a good production.

:jokealert:

Let me show photos start to trickle out to show this is really happening. That may be what is needed.

I know it's crude and the costumes crappy but...I still think he would have been a pretty cool Tick, that's all I'm saying...okay...now for some popcorn!

I liked it the first time you posted it.

By the way, I went to check out the rest of the series (Seasons 1-3). Pretty funny stuff.

Got it! Although...pretty proud of myself for figuring out how you guys were able to insert the youtube video into this feed...by setting the marker to html and crt or whatever I did, hehehe...now I'm just dangerous! BTW...did anyone see the new kickass floating CGC encasements that make the comics look like they are floating within? Okay...now I'm gonna start sending my comics in! woop woop!

I came across this pic online. I'm unaware of who the wall belongs to but it is awesome!

The tick photo: The Tick Wall 1 TickWall2.jpg

Thanks!

The bathroom wall just felt so boring, and I wanted to go for something different to look at.