• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

1993 THE TICK LASERMACH, INC. SCULPTURE

sxd9w7.jpg

THIS IS THE 1993 LASERMACH, INC. OF WOODINVILLE, WA. USA. LASER SCULPTURE. FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. NUMBER 230 OF 5000. THESE WERE SOLD AT THE DISNEY STORE IN DISNEYLAND AMUSEMENT PARKS.

I keep hoping another one of these will pop up, but no such luck yet.

How did you learn they were sold in Disney Stores? I never would have guessed that.

1994 FCN THE TICK LOGO LAPEL PIN

28jkwux.jpg

1994 FOX CHILDREN NETWORK GOLD LAPEL PIN. THIS IS A 1994 THE TICK PINBACK BUTTON LAPEL JACKET VEST PIN BY NEW ENGLAND COMIC BOOK FOR THE FCN FOX CHILDRENS NETWORK. IT MEASURES ABOUT 1" IN DIAMETER. MADE IN CHINA. VACUUM SEALED AND NEVER OPENED.

1993 THE TICK LASERMACH, INC. SCULPTURE

sxd9w7.jpg

THIS IS THE 1993 LASERMACH, INC. OF WOODINVILLE, WA. USA. LASER SCULPTURE. FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. NUMBER 230 OF 5000. THESE WERE SOLD AT THE DISNEY STORE IN DISNEYLAND AMUSEMENT PARKS.

I keep hoping another one of these will pop up, but no such luck yet.

How did you learn they were sold in Disney Stores? I never would have guessed that.

Hi IntoAnother! I researched the heck out of it through google. Years back ago, I wasn't too sure if this was just a piece of metal that someone was just punching holes into and back then you saw them a lot more often on Ebay for about 35 bucks. By the time I figured that it was a legit collectible, they became scarce and prices started skyrocketing. Thanks to my friend IntoAnother! I was made aware of this one and quickly bidded on it! Other than a couple minor dings, it was a amazing find. Thanks again IntoAnother! Vic out!

Not really a Tick item but I thought I would share it anyways.

b895iu.jpg

I put a bunch of Tick photos into it and it just sort of fits with all my other Tick items. It makes rather a nice addition to my man cave. It's a Phillips Digital frame with approx. 8.5" picture.

Edited by vsndesigns

The Tick's Steel Box

2v93c6a.jpg

Cabinet of Terror: The Steel Box

Bandai released The Steel Box (a.k.a. "Cabinet of Terror") that could accommodate only one type of Tick Action figure. Inside the Steel Box there are many tests of fortitude for The Tick. Not to worry! The Tick is Nigh Invunerable! The circular saw spins above the Tick's head, Ferocious Hammers, Shovels, and Claws move up and down! Two spinning drills just miss The Tick's Ears! The Lever on the back cranks from side-to-side making the chair swivel. Pull up on the Rocket and the Steel Box literally Pops open! After each use put everything back into place and close the steel box. It's ready to Pop open again! Really Really Dangerous!

The Tick 3" PVC Figures

2yyr4ae.jpg

The original series of 3" tall PVC collectibles figurines featuring characters from Tick animated series were released by Bandai in 1994. There were two versions of Dinosaur Neil, one released in Canada, with a bilingual English/French card and one in Australia with an English only card. The latter is very rare.

Chairface Chippendale from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

23mwocg.jpg

Crusading Chameleon from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

6nz2pl.jpg

American Maid from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

30ctw6e.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns

Dean from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

9gebk5.jpg

Sewer Urchin from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

2rrxabn.jpg

El Seed from the The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

euo7eu.jpg

Human Bullet from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

ephlq1.jpg

Arthur from The Tick animated series. 3" PVC Figures

28mn23r.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns

Dyna-Mole from The Tick animated series 3" PVC Figures

14ke15e.jpg

The original series of 3" tall PVC collectibles figurines featuring characters from Tick animated series were released by Bandai in 1994.

The Amazon pilot for The Tick wrapped up on May 20th. Here is a leaked pic I stumbled across...

ddzwqs.jpg

You're the man InttAnother! I knew Martini Shot was last month but I couldn't find anything written about it until now! You're the bomb!

Wacky Action Windups - Submarine Sewer Urchin - From The Tick animated series

muwkcj.jpg

Looks left and right as his propeller spins. HINT: The one above is the standard production line model. IF you happen to find one with either a dark purple or black frame around the silver windows and small purple rivets towards the bow of the submarine, you are in possession of one of the ULTRA rare prototype models.

Wacky Action Windups - Crop Dustin El Seed - From The Tick animated series

ri6a83.jpg

Rocks from side to side as his propeller spins. HINT: If you have the white plane with red accents and yellow nosing, that is one of the ULTRA rare prototype ones.

The Tick Wacky windup - Wacky Action Windups - Hard Drivin Tick

atwy1j.jpg

The Tick - Time Bomb - Dyna-Mole - Wacky Action Windups

34hb9ue.jpg

The Tick Wacky windup - Wacky Action Windups - Cannon Human Bullet

qzqdxi.jpg

The Tick Wacky windup - Wacky Action Windups - Wing Flutterin Arthur

28hl7bc.jpg

Backside of the Wacky Windups Card

v3n53o.jpg

Every so often I land a piece that just makes me smile. BTW Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there! This weekend was one of those great acquisitions.

1hp4jk.jpg

11tu8ns.jpg

307rdrr.jpg

2h6qzk9.jpg

What is this? You may ask. Although probably easily replicable, I believe it is not. These are ad-slicks along with a couple promo photos. What came included was:

2 Black and White 8 x 10 promo photographs.

42 Black and White "Line Art" Ad slicks from the FOX animated series "The Tick".

Fact Sheet

Show Description

Character Description

Story Synopsis

And thrown in was a Chroma Tick Comic Book (probably for example)

Although something I probably couldn't ever had CGC'd, I did the best to halt the aging process by inserting them into clear protectors in a three ring binder (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me). The fact sheets are xeroxed onto color spotted paper stock and the ad slicks were on semi glossy sheets. Font samples and border samples were included. They seem to be 2 sets of the same illustrations with the exception of the palm tree logo versus the spotted ink logos in the upper corners. The real kicker is this. I had some correspondence with the seller of this item which proved to be very enlightening. The seller was no other than Thomas G. Ricks from FOX, and that just made my day!

The Tick - Shocker Toys Indie Spot Light The Mucus Tick

jp77zc.jpg

Shocker Toys Clear Green Mucus Tick:

Idle Hands' The Mucus Tick Exclusive. When comic book and cartoon hero The Tick fights an "Uncommon Cold", he finds himself facing off against an evil version of himself..his own sickly mucus given life by an evil alien!! Mucus Tick is a translucent green version of Shocker Toys Indie Spotlight Series 2 Tick action figure with new card art. This Idle Hands exclusive action figure is limited to just 1,000 pieces.

Arthur Button from The Tick Animated Series

s4s5yh.jpg

Chainsaw Vigilante Button from The Tick animated series

2icbcqw.jpg

The Red Eye Button from The Tick animated series

v5wbhf.jpg

Classic Tick Button from the animated series

zipy8m.jpg

1993 The Tick Bonanza Bag of Buttons

22ksa0.jpg

1993 The Tick Bonanza Bag of Buttons. All 5 Large Size Buttons from 1993 Ben Edlund / NEC Press, Inc. This one has The Tick Spoon! Button.

THE TICK LIMITED EDITION BUTTON SET NO. 2865 IN A LIMITED EDITION OF 6,000.

1z19yiv.jpg

THE TICK LIMITED EDITION BUTTON SET NO. 2865 IN A LIMITED EDITION OF 6,000. 4 BUTTONS: WORLD DOMINATION HYPNO-BUTTON, TICK & THE CITY, TICK, HIS BEST FRIEND BUTTON.

Edited by vsndesigns

Every so often I land a piece that just makes me smile. BTW Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there! This weekend was one of those great acquisitions.

1hp4jk.jpg

11tu8ns.jpg

307rdrr.jpg

2h6qzk9.jpg

What is this? You may ask. Although probably easily replicable, I believe it is not. These are ad-slicks along with a couple promo photos. What came included was:

2 Black and White 8 x 10 promo photographs.

42 Black and White "Line Art" Ad slicks from the FOX animated series "The Tick".

Fact Sheet

Show Description

Character Description

Story Synopsis

And thrown in was a Chroma Tick Comic Book (probably for example)

Although something I probably couldn't ever had CGC'd, I did the best to halt the aging process by inserting them into clear protectors in a three ring binder (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me). The fact sheets are xeroxed onto color spotted paper stock and the ad slicks were on semi glossy sheets. Font samples and border samples were included. They seem to be 2 sets of the same illustrations with the exception of the palm tree logo versus the spotted ink logos in the upper corners. The real kicker is this. I had some correspondence with the seller of this item which proved to be very enlightening. The seller was no other than Thomas G. Ricks from FOX, and that just made my day!

Congrats on another awesome addition to your collection Vic!