• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

The Human Ton Squirter from The Tick Animated Series

10wv0og.jpg

Francise Premiums: Carl's Jr. Kid's Meal Toy from 1997. The Human Ton Squirter. Squeezes the toy to squirt. 1 of 4 water squirting toys in Carl's Jr. Cool Combo for Kids Meals in 1997. The bagged meals came in featuring The Tick and Arthur on the front and a game on the back. The answers to the game were painted on the bottom.

The Tick Window Clings

ifdfe0.jpg

Taco Bell Series I, Stickers featuring characters from the animated series 1 of 5 toys included with Taco Bell's Kids Meal in 1995.

THE TICK JACK IN THE BOX EL SEED POT O' DOOM ROLLING FLOWER MEAL TOY

f03cyx.jpg

THE TICK IN A WHEELED FLOWER POT. 1 OF 4 TOYS INCLUDED IN THE JACK IN THE BOX KIDS MEALS IN 1997. EACH WAS INCLUDED IN A BAG WHICH FEATURED THE TICK AND SPEAK ON THE FRONT AND A GAME ON THE BACK. ANSWERS TO THE GAME WERE INCLUDED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG.

Carl's Jr. Arthur Squirter

fvjt4l.jpg

Carl's Jr. Arthur Squirter. Push button on Arthur's back. 1 of 4 water squirting toys included in Carl's Jr. Cool Combos for Kids Meals in 1997. The bag the meals came in featured The Tick and Arthur on the front and a game on the back.

Carl's Jr. The Tick Squirter

f2oqco.jpg

PUSH BUTTON ON TICK'S BACK - 1 OF 4 WATER SQUIRTING TOYS INCLUDED IN CARL'S JR. COOL COMBOS FOR KIDS MEALS IN 1997. THE BAG THE MEALS CAME IN FEATURED THE TICK AND ARTHUR ON THE FRONT AND A GAME ON THE BACK. THE ANSWERS TO THE GAME WERE PAINTED ON THE BOTTOM.

Edited by vsndesigns

I found this link today for the SDCC 2016 exclusives someone is selling on ebay. Looks like it's a presale. I don't know who this is so I can't vouch for it but it is what it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2016-The-Tick-Exclusive-Comics-Blank-Regular-Cover-Limited-Prints-/272299739090?hash=item3f665447d2:g:OiQAAOSwbYZXfmfj

Edited by vsndesigns

All this super discussion and sharing about The Tick gave me the bug again. So stopping into a LCS that has been slowly adding old backstock to their inventory was perfect timing.

qmqiVa7.jpg

Dang, that's awesome, Bosco.

Thanks! It was quite the fun visit. Though I guess nowadays the big gathering at these shops are game events. The store had at least 18-25 people breaking up into teams to play some card-dice game I didn't recognize.

THE TICK POSTER - OMNIBUS BUS POSTER

70z6hk.jpg

THE TICK POSTER - OMNIBUS BUS POSTER. THE OMNIBUS BUS POSTER' THIS FEATURES A PLETHORA OF CHARACTERS THAT APPEAR IN THE EARLY ISSUES OF THE COMIC SERIES A BUS! GET IT? 24 X 11 1/2

I think I still have 5-8 of this poster, along with one or two others.

I was at a show years ago and the NEC team that came to it didn't want to bring their supplies back. So they were handing them out to anyone that would take them. They handed me a large cylinder which when I looked later on it was filled with multiple posters.

Have to see where I left them.

Hey Bosco685! That's pretty cool. Every so often I run into the same luck and am surprised at what I can get for free! The other day I was at a T-Mobile store and they were handing out Game of Throne Flag Banners made out of real felt. I thought that was pretty cool. I asked them if I had to buy anything and they said technically yes...but gave me one anyways!

Found them!

5 posters

Tccshtl.jpg

6 posters

D0yhqTR.jpg

6 posters

EguCnne.jpg

All this super discussion and sharing about The Tick gave me the bug again. So stopping into a LCS that has been slowly adding old backstock to their inventory was perfect timing.

qmqiVa7.jpg

Wo! Anything there worth CGCing? Like either of those Nos.1? :whistle:

And for those like me that couldn't score ticks for the SDCC 2016, here are a couple links for off site antics.

http://www.sansfis.org/FandomIndex/Offsite2016.htm

and

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1fhIHMNPWDhx7dhBBH6CdWka9M-o

Maybe I can set up a picnic table up somewhere over there and sell a bunch of stuff for a pitcher of some IBF brew?

qmqiVa7.jpg

All three #1's are 9.2 or better, in addition to Tick #2. It's the later Tick #2 that is probably an 8.0 at best.

Wow those are great! Brings back a lot of childhood memories for me growing up in the Boston area. I met Ben during an in store when I was around 15, my mom drove me in a snowstorm to meet him :D

I sold my SE 1 and 2 years ago, long story but annoying relationship of course, but I've been hunting in the wild for them for a while now.

I should snap photos of my #8 without the front logo and my original omnibus signed by everyone....still kept those :cloud9:

qmqiVa7.jpg

All three #1's are 9.2 or better, in addition to Tick #2. It's the later Tick #2 that is probably an 8.0 at best.

You wanna sell me one black and one white No. 1? I'm starting to work on my registry and I have a LONG way to catch up to you guys, if ever, but it is my hope and aspiration to get at least up into the top ten. BTW...(hint, hint)...my buddy surprisingly replied to my email and said he was going to SDCC.

Wow those are great! Brings back a lot of childhood memories for me growing up in the Boston area. I met Ben during an in store when I was around 15, my mom drove me in a snowstorm to meet him :D

I sold my SE 1 and 2 years ago, long story but annoying relationship of course, but I've been hunting in the wild for them for a while now.

I should snap photos of my #8 without the front logo and my original omnibus signed by everyone....still kept those :cloud9:

Mom's are great! I remember mine going out and buying me a comic book while I was home sick in bed. I must have read that comic a gazzillion times...kinda scared me because it had a really wicked green goblin fighting spidey for the first time. I also remember her warning me that if I didn't pick up my trash in my bedroom that she was going to do it for me. (I was like...3 years old back then). The comic book probably wasn't in the best of condition but still....she tossed it out as promised... 30 years later I somehow remembered all that and told my mom as we were visiting and reminiscing and what do ya know? She totally remembers that! Mom's are great!

Edited by vsndesigns

I almost forgot I had this one! I always thought it was one of the cooler ones since I could balance it on most everything!

Taco Bell Kid's Meal Toy. Balancing Tick

2zqeb91.jpg

Taco Bell Kid's Meal Toy. Balancing Tick -- Tick balances on a brick wall.

Edited by vsndesigns

I built some shadow boxes for my Tick Collection using Ikea Picture (Ribba - Approx. 28" x 40") frames to start off with. They're kinda cheap, using acrylic acetate as their screen, but for 19 bucks I didn't expect much. The intent was just to keep the elements off of the collection while showing them but being able to access them in a pinch. The box was built with plywood and bondo. And the inside liner was blue felt hot glued onto foam core pieces. The plastic strips were covered with blue vinyl electrical tape and glued onto a Tick blue poster board. The strips holds the collection in place without damaging them. Finally some paint and some hardware and whallah...a pretty cool shadow box for the fraction of the cost.

2mcc0lg.jpg

If anyone else has any other ideas on how to display their collection, please share!

Still waiting to receive my last piece to complete my number 12 no logo alternate back (moav). It's coming all the way from Lemesos, Limassol, Cyrus...about 7,339 miles away, an island in the eastern Mediterranean, Coastal Paphos is famed for its archaelogical sites relating to the cult of Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-adorned villas. Basically east of Greece, South of Turkey, West of Syria and Israel. Pretty cool huh! Tick fans EVERYWHERE! Spoooonnnn!

Still waiting to receive my last piece to complete my number 12 no logo alternate back (moav). It's coming all the way from Lemesos, Limassol, Cyrus...about 7,339 miles away, an island in the eastern Mediterranean, Coastal Paphos is famed for its archaelogical sites relating to the cult of Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-adorned villas. Basically east of Greece, South of Turkey, West of Syria and Israel. Pretty cool huh! Tick fans EVERYWHERE! Spoooonnnn!

Woot! Woot! I just got it! Check it out!

i3sx09.jpg

35jcdjo.jpg