• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Nice Tick Society edition (thumbs u

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked about it! I posted it up in the BCYSAG forum to see what everyone thinks about how it will grade. It's got a major ding on the bottom right hand corner but other than that it looks clean!

I haven't stumbled upon anything new recently but have high hopes for news this week at SDCC!

I'm going to SDCC for the first time and couldn't have been happier to discover this panel...

Friday @ 2:30 pm The Tick: The First 30 Years |Creator Ben Edlund explores The Tick’s history (and future) in a multimedia Event-o-Happening with surprise panelists, mystifying giveaways, and a revealing inside look at The Tick’s next big thing. (Horton Grand Theatre)

I'll do my best to relay any up to date info in here amongst the chaos! :whee:

I haven't stumbled upon anything new recently but have high hopes for news this week at SDCC!

I'm going to SDCC for the first time and couldn't have been happier to discover this panel...

Friday @ 2:30 pm The Tick: The First 30 Years |Creator Ben Edlund explores The Tick’s history (and future) in a multimedia Event-o-Happening with surprise panelists, mystifying giveaways, and a revealing inside look at The Tick’s next big thing. (Horton Grand Theatre)

If they are planning on releasing this in 2017, SDCC 2016 probably makes the most sense to build up fan excitement further.

They are doing a good job of keeping this out of the public eye.

Convention time! Reminds me of some really great times! Here's a shot of my swag from a Scavenger Hunt a couple years back ago.

5549p2.jpg

Swag from my visit to Pasadena's DesignerCon 2014 this last weekend. Designer Con is an annual art and design convention that smashes together collectible toys and designer apparel with urban, underground and pop art! My beloved wife gave me hers so that's why I have TWO of EACH! It's GREAT to be married! The colorful guys are of Vincent Flesh...a 1.5" tall creation designed by Scott Tolleson as seen on Kidrobot.

If they are planning on releasing this in 2017, SDCC 2016 probably makes the most sense to build up fan excitement further.

They are doing a good job of keeping this out of the public eye.

Yeah they are! ....of course here are some exclusive photos that they may not have seen...hehehe... okay, okay...maybe not that exclusive! Spoooooonnnnnn!

2r7svg4.jpg

aw49qu.jpg

2zghj09.jpg

Spent Blank Used Bullet Shell Prop from The Tick Returns Movie

Yeah they are! ....of course here are some exclusive photos that they may not have seen...hehehe... okay, okay...maybe not that exclusive! Spoooooonnnnnn!

2r7svg4.jpg

aw49qu.jpg

2zghj09.jpg

Spent Blank Used Bullet Shell Prop from The Tick Returns Movie

:applause:

:whee:

Somebody take a photo of the New England Comics Station at the San Diego Comic Con Please!!!

NEW ENGLAND COMICS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON APPEARANCE SCHEDULE 2016 - BOOTH 1807

7/21-7/24: JEFF MCLELLAND - Writer 2016 Tick San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Comic. Times TBD

7/22-7/24: BEN EDLUND - Creator of THE TICK!

(Friday Time will be late afternoon. Sometime after 4:00)

(Times for other days TBD)

7/23: TOWNSEND PULLMAN - Voice of The Tick!

(Saturday time TBD)

7/23; MAGS VISAGGIO - Writter of Kim and Kim #1 from Blackmask

(Saturday times 12:00-3:00)

For up to minute information follow us on Twitter NECOM

the-tick-amazon-series.jpg

:(

Wo! Bosco! You are too fast! I just saw this right now and it's 7:00am over here in sunny Cali.

Amazon ‘The Tick’ Reboot Sets August Debut With First Photos

Just when you thought Comic-Con 2016 wouldn’t bring you enough superheroes, it’s Amazon’s live-action adaptation of The Tick! Yes, the big blue bug is back, as Amazon sets an August debut with the first photos of Peter Serafinowicz in costume, along with release dates for Jean Claude Van Damme’s new series and more.

Per Amazon’s official confirmation, August 19 will see Amazon releasing three new pilots, including Ben Edlund’s The Tick reboot, Jean Claude Van Damme’s Jean Claude Van Johnson, and Transparent creator Jill Soloway’s I Love . While we wait, check out the first The Tick photos above and below.

4sh9uf.jpg

The long-gestating superhero reboot will feature Guardians of the Galaxy star Peter Serafinowicz as the title hero, recovering from a memory loss and re-teaming with his sidekick Arthur (Vinyl star Griffin Newman). The series also stars Valorie Curry as Arthur’s sister Dot and Jackie Earle Haley as “The Terror,” while original FOX star Patrick Warburton is confirmed to executive produce.

Original writer-creator Ben Edlund and fellow original executive producer Barry Josephson will helm the new project, said to be “darker and more grounded,” with Transcendence helmer Wally Pfister directing the pilot, having worked as director of photography for The Dark Knight films.

Official Synopsis for the series:

In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an underdog accountant with zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a global super villain long-thought dead. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero. The Tick stars Peter Serafinowicz (Guardians of the Galaxy), Griffin Newman (Vinyl), Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen), Valorie Curry (House of Lies), Yara Martinez (Jane the Virgin) and Brendan Hines (Scorpion). The Tick is executive produced by Ben Edlund (Supernatural), Barry Josephson (Bones) and Barry Sonnenfeld (A Series of Unfortunate Events), directed by Wally Pfister (The Dark Knight), and written by Edlund. The Tick is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television.

There’s still no guarantee Amazon picks up The Tick to series, but how does the new iteration look to be shaping up so far?

Personally, I thought the beauty behind the original costume was that because of its animatronics, it left one wondering if it really was just a costume or not...wo...it's got pockets!

Edited by vsndesigns

I liked the original tick costume better, I think it is the face mask that is bothering me and looks unfinished or the fact the original costume looked more cartoonish. As well, it is evident that the person underneath is wearing a costume, unless that is the intention and they are going to explain it in the show that the Tick is his alter ego.

hqrf7lo46fcjxom9zesc.png

Edited by Captain Canuck

I liked the original tick costume better, I think it is the face mask that is bothering me and looks unfinished or the fact the original costume looked more cartoonish. As well, it is evident that the person underneath is wearing a costume, unless that is the intention and they are going to explain it in the show that the Tick is his alter ego.

hqrf7lo46fcjxom9zesc.png

I will miss this old costume, as the new one looks like they are going more for an insect look versus a mock on overly buff superheroes.

The new one doesn't look seamless, the cowle looks like a separate piece compared to the older tick costume where it looks one piece with the body. Again what's with the odd looking face mask? It looks like a takeoff of the Captain America helmet.

Of course one could make the argument that the new Tick could be more like Ben Edlund's original concept but then again, it would have to be brown....like so....

30rxtte.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns

:whee:

11ac29t.jpg

?

How did the signing go?

The signing went absolutely perfect!

All of our books are complete and went without a hitch. I even went ahead as we talked about and got the NEC Newsletters #14, #15 , and The Independent Comic Book Sampler #2 all signed for Signature Series!

The panel was an absolute blast!