• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

:whee:

11ac29t.jpg

?

How did the signing go?

The signing went absolutely perfect!

All of our books are complete and went without a hitch. I even went ahead as we talked about and got the NEC Newsletters #14, #15 , and The Independent Comic Book Sampler #2 all signed for Signature Series!

The panel was an absolute blast!

Congrats, was there a trailer or any footage at the panel? Enjoy SDCC!

:applause:

11ac29t.jpg

?

How did the signing go?

All of our books are complete and went without a hitch. I even went ahead as we talked about and got the NEC Newsletters #14, #15 , and The Independent Comic Book Sampler #2 all signed for Signature Series!

Wow! That's some serious collecting. Wish I was in on it, maybe next year. :whistle:

11ac29t.jpg

?

How did the signing go?

Congrats, was there a trailer or any footage at the panel? Enjoy SDCC!

No footage but they did show a few really impressive stills. It was lead by Ben and also has Tick voice actor Townsend Coleman, the new Arthur who is being played by Griffin Newman, and art director Bob Polio. It was a really entertaining journey through the history of the Tick as well as a sneak at what's to come in the show. Griffin was awesome and has such a perfect personality for the role.

Ben did a quick Tick sketch on a blank and Griffin did a little Arthur sketch on it as well, it's really awesome. I'll post some pics of a few of the goodies I picked up soon. Ben was super nice and extremely kind to sign the rather large stack of books I had. He really enjoyed seeing a few of the earlier ones. Now I can't wait for the show and to hopefully get a few more sketches done!

No footage but they did show a few really impressive stills. It was lead by Ben and also has Tick voice actor Townsend Coleman, the new Arthur who is being played by Griffin Newman, and art director Bob Polio. It was a really entertaining journey through the history of the Tick as well as a sneak at what's to come in the show. Griffin was awesome and has such a perfect personality for the role.

Ben did a quick Tick sketch on a blank and Griffin did a little Arthur sketch on it as well, it's really awesome. I'll post some pics of a few of the goodies I picked up soon. Ben was super nice and extremely kind to sign the rather large stack of books I had. He really enjoyed seeing a few of the earlier ones. Now I can't wait for the show and to hopefully get a few more sketches done!

Did you get a chance to pickup the 2016 SDCC exclusive?

Tick%2Bcover%2Bregular.jpg

WooHoo! My buddy sent me some photos of New England Comic's stand today over at the San Diego Comic Con 2016. I hope he gets my wish list...although, I don't dare bug him too much. I'll be happy with whatever he can get me!

dpk5k0.jpg

idu1qt.jpg

rk36h0.jpg

2hov2at.jpg

Behold, my best pickup of SDCC. I'm not there, but I arranged for a facilitator to pick this up. DOUBLE head sketch by Edlund plus a signature by Townsend Coleman. On it's way for slabbing. I've been trying for several years to get a sketch from him.

Tick_Edlund_SDCC_2016_thumb.jpg

Behold, my best pickup of SDCC. I'm not there, but I arranged for a facilitator to pick this up. DOUBLE head sketch by Edlund plus a signature by Townsend Coleman. On it's way for slabbing. I've been trying for several years to get a sketch from him.

Awesome! Did you have CGC witness the sketch? Last year I didn't get a yellow CGC but went with the green and received a 9.8!

Awesome! Did you have CGC witness the sketch? Last year I didn't get a yellow CGC but went with the green and received a 9.8!

It is getting slabbed by another company, but I love this Tick thread and wanted to share here. I tried to arrange for a CGC SS several weeks ago, but the quoted price was not reasonable to me given the types of sketches I see from Edlund each year at SDCC.

Bravo!

Congrats on such a great piece!

Bravo!

Congrats on such a great piece!

xkuc2c.jpg

That's really awesome! I like the detail spent on Arthur as well! Too bad you didn't have the new Arthur autograph it while he was there...or even the old Arthur (Micky Dolenz)...I hear he's back on tour with The Monkees 50th Anniversary Tour! Peace!

:cloud9:

When recently asked at the SDCC 2016 what Ferventer Vestite (as seen on the Tick Society coat of arms) means...Ben Edlund said It's Latin for Dress Warmly.

Edited by vsndesigns