• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Here are the sketches I was so completely honored to have done by Ben...

2eqb9zd.jpg

The one on the lower left has a small Arthur sketch that was done by the new Arthur being played by Griffin Newman which is below a Tick sketch by Ben. All of the rest were done by Ben and what made it even better was had a such a laugh when he had to look up a reference when I asked for a Fishboy sketch because he said it's been so long. lol

It was an absolute blast talking with Ben, Bob, and Griffin. I got to ask as many questions as I had about the history of The Tick, the direction the show is going (I'm ecstatic) and share with Ben just how important The Tick is to so many of us and why he is to me. Ben was as humble as one can be and was so genuinely touched by what I shared with him. It was a trip I will never forget.

Absolutely fantastic. Haven't seen a Fishboy yet. Congrats :applause:

It's not looking good. Not good at all

Bite your tongue! :slapfight:

I got to go to The Tick panel and speak with both Ben and Griffin (Arthur) for quite a bit throughout SDCC and they were both very excited for it. Not in a way that was an attempt to sell me on it either, as they already knew I was a fan. Griffin is such a great pick for Arthur after getting a sense of who he is personally. Ben stated they will be focusing quite a bit on Arthur's past and what lead him to be the way he is. They plan to do the same with other characters as well, except The Tick. They (and I agree) felt that the bulk of his history is best left a mystery.

Due to it being a pilot they did say they were forced to work with a budget that was much less than they would have if its voted in by Amazon Prime members to continue with a full season. So they felt they did the best they could do with what they had to work with. I'm really excited for it. As far as Ticks suit, I was a bit weary of it as well but perhaps it will play a bit better with the darker version they are aiming to go for rather than one comical and similar to Warburton's suit.

Man, that is one crazy costume.

Jackie Earl Haley as 'The Terror' chats with Screen Actors Guild executive Michael Kunizaki in Wally Pfister & Ben Edlund's 'The Tick' for Amazon Studios on May 18, 2016 in New York City.

ITC6gs4.jpg

On a lighter note... It's August! I'd like to announce the winner of my little 3" tall Dinosaur Neil giveaway. The number my wife had in mind was 79....

I lost! Not even close!

Thanks for trying Capin'!

On a lighter note... It's August! I'd like to announce the winner of my little 3" tall Dinosaur Neil giveaway. The number my wife had in mind was 79....

Bosco685! You won! Give me a PM when you have the chance!

:o

:whee:

Congratulations Bosco685 on last months competition! I dropped the parcel off at the post office this morning, it should get there in a couple days. Look out for this months drawing of a pair of 3" PVC Bandai Figures of The Tick and his little buddy Arthur!

Congratulations Bosco685 on last months competition! I dropped the parcel off at the post office this morning, it should get there in a couple days. Look out for this months drawing of a pair of 3" PVC Bandai Figures of The Tick and his little buddy Arthur!

Thank you so much for the cool Tick prize.

(worship)

Here is a pic I took during the The Tick panel at SDCC...

343m25v.jpg

From left to right:

Griffin Newman (New Arthur for Amazon series), Cosplay Arthur, Ben Edlund, Cosplay Tick, Townsend Coleman (Voice of Tick from animated series), and Bob Polio.