• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

tickashcan.jpg

The Tick Orange Ashcan Edition #1

Pre-dates The Tick Special Edition #1 in 1988.

Bob Polio photocopied and hand stapled 50 preview copies. 4 stayed with NEC, 18 went to distributors, 1 each to Ben Edlund, George Suarez, and Bob Polio. The remaining 25 were sold in 1996 signed and numbered by Polio and Suarez.

:ohnoez:

I need this book!

Meeeeee Tooooooo!!!!!!!!! Hey IntoAnother, did you ever try contacting Silver Wolf Comics to see if they'll sell you their copy?

Edited by vsndesigns

Is there a site with the editions pictured?

What cities/events were they given out at? I would have thought -- based on this collection -- it would have been Chicago.

Offhand I wouldn't be able to tell you, yet it is The Tick and New England Comics so I wouldn't bank on any very concrete findings lol.

Issue #12 has these editions. (Not including the standard released issue)

#12 Special Edition (Same back cover as Tick Society)

#12 Capital City Edition

#12 Diamond Comics Edition

#12 Convention Edition

#12 Tick Society Edition (Same back cover as Special Edition

I believe MetalPSI has the most up to date registry with pics for you be able to see the different back covers.

There are pics in this thread, but I can't find them easily.

OMG! @Transplant The guy who started this thread, many moons ago!!! (worship)

Edited by vsndesigns

tickashcan.jpg

Bob Polio photocopied and hand stapled 50 preview copies. 4 stayed with NEC, 18 went to distributors, 1 each to Ben Edlund, George Suarez, and Bob Polio. The remaining 25 were sold in 1996 signed and numbered by Polio and Suarez.

I need this book!

Meeeeee Tooooooo!!!!!!!!! Hey IntoAnother, did you ever try contacting Silver Wolf Comics to see if they'll sell you their copy?

Well, I didn't know they had a copy but I just left them a voicemail about it! :wishluck:

Before SDCC the NEC e-mail newsletter mentioned that they would have the ashcans for Tick 1 and 2 as well the 1st app newsletter for sale at their booth.

I've never seen a #2 ashcan. Did anyone get a peek at it?

@kpaqu1 Here you go! Take a look at page 81 of this thread. I wonder what different colors were made available at the time?

Took a few years to finally see it here, but worth the wait.

tickashcan.jpg

I need this book!

It's just been made aware to me to whom you were referring to in regards to Silver Wolf Comics. I wasn't aware of the connection but that copy is not for sale, I inquired about it a while back and definitely respect his decision to hold onto it.

Now, the real question is what the Silver Wolf Comics shop owner in Burbank thought of my rambling voicemail about a Tick Ashcan! :facepalm:

tickashcan.jpg

I need this book!

It's just been made aware to me to whom you were referring to in regards to Silver Wolf Comics. I wasn't aware of the connection but that copy is not for sale, I inquired about it a while back and definitely respect his decision to hold onto it.

Now, the real question is what the Silver Wolf Comics shop owner in Burbank thought of my rambling voicemail about a Tick Ashcan! :facepalm:

Ahhh...man!! Sorry about that dude! Hey, but ya neva know until you try! :)

From the Arts and Entertainment Section on December 6, 2001. A nice article about Barry Sonnenfeld and The Tick. Barry has since did movies such as Men in Black II & III, Beverly Hills Cop, TV A Series of Unfortunate Events, Pushing Daisies, and Notes from the Underbelly.

2m45c21.jpg

Here's a pretty rare one. I hope everyone's day is like a Holiday! Happy Friday!

1996 THE TICK HAPPY HOLIDAYS VINYL STUFF TOY MADE BY GOOD STUFF CORPORATION.

2j0nxc9.jpg

1996 THE TICK HAPPY HOLIDAYS MADE BY GOOD STUFF CORPORATION. INSCRIBED ON TAG: ALL NEW MATERIAL, POLYESTER FIBER, LICENSE PA # 4829 (RC) PA-6188 (HK) MASS # 10-0982, OHIO No. 4204 (RC), MAINE # 7628, GOOD STUFF CORP., L.I.C. N.Y. 11101, MADE IN CHINA (Y) TM & @ 1996 FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. "TICK" CHARACTER TM & @ 1996 BEN EDLUND. HAS A SUCTION CUP ATTACHED AND IS SIMILAR TO THE FLIP FLOPS BECAUSE YOU CAN HANG THEM FROM YOUR REAR-VIEW MIRROR OR REFRIGERATOR OR WHEREVER YOU ARE! THESE CAME OUT IN VERY LIMITED SUPPLIES AND IS ABOUT 10" TALL. THE SOCK REALLY CAN HOLD STUFF!

Those newspaper reviews are really cool. Are those yours?
Yup...they are. Pretty much everything I post is in my Tick Museum...or at least were. ?...did you receive your Dinosaur Neil 3" PVC Figurine yet?

I'm thinking about pressing out the wrinkles and then framing it with the Promotion photograph of The Tick and his crew from 2001. It'll be a fun project!

Edited by vsndesigns

Those newspaper reviews are really cool. Are those yours?
Yup...they are. Pretty much everything I post is in my Tick Museum...or at least were. ?...did you receive your Dinosaur Neil 3" PVC Figurine yet?

I kinda miss my Custom Tick Zombie, but knowing that he ended up with CaptainLogan1989 of Geekvolution really made my day. His comment was, "Amazing work! Wonderful detail! Expert, meticulous packing job! Brilliant!" It was a one of a kind and it took me a while to customize but I've moved on to my next custom Tick Action Figure.

MMK2I6C.jpg

:whee:

Thank you, vsndesigns.

Congratulations on your win Bosco685! I'm glad he made it there in one piece! Keep your eyes peeled for my next giveaway coming up later this month. BTW...Nice Photo!!! :golfclap:

Edited by vsndesigns

THE TICK COMIC BOOK MAGAZINES FRONT SIDE OF REPRISE OF NO. 1 AND 2

(Front Cover)

2d0cqiu.jpg

(Back Side)

2hmniv5.jpg

THE TICK COMIC BOOKS FROM NEW ENGLAND COMICS (BACKSIDE) REPRISE OF ISSUES NO. 1 AND 2 THE TICK COMIC BOOK MAGAZINES FRONT SIDE OF REPRISE OF NO. 1 AND 2 (FRONT SIDES) The Tick Reprise Special Edition 1 is a deluxe re-presentation of the first comic book appearance of The Tick; from 1988's The Tick Special Edition 1.The Reprise Special Edition features an extra cover wrap with a special foil-stamped front. Inside is an identical re-creation of the rare and valuable first appearance of The Tick; with very minor changes simply to protect the value of the original. Reprise No. 2: Just like Reprise 1; Reprise 2 reprints the original Special Edition in a deluxe format; with an extra cover wrap. The 2nd comic book appearance of The Tick in 1988. Issue 1 had a press run of 5000;issue 2 was only 3000 copies. Serially numbered. TICK REPRISE 1 & 2: These comics reprint Tick Spec Eds 1-2; the first two appearances of The Tick in comic book form.