• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

2016 BOSTON COMIC CON THE TICK

Front Cover

2ng962t.jpg

Back Cover

25tyzcg.jpg

2016 Exclusive Boston Comic Con Edition. Non numbered Edition of a Limited Edition of 260. I understand that there were only about 20 of these available without the number on the bottom right hand corner of the issue. This was autographed by Ben Edlund and labeled with a Signed by Ben Edlund Sticker that New England Comics had on the front plastic bag and boarded issue. The scotch tape that sealed this issue was really hard to open! Thanks to Ryan Atlas for a really superb job of wrapping and sending of this treasured comic book magazine. Written by Jeff McClelland. Art by Duane Redhead. First printing September 2016. Inside front cover written by George Suarez preparing the reader for the Political satire of today's Presidential Race? Gotta love it! Also included is a little story by Tony Sedani.

In celebrating today's Premiere of The Tick Returns Pilot Movie on Amazon Prime I am giving away The Tick and Arthur 3" PVC Mini Action figures to the person who guesses closest to a number between 1-100. Winner will be announced next month.

bhhw02.jpg

It's a *spooning* 10!

This is The Tick that we've been waiting for! We've seen several variations of The Tick from different creators, actors, and voices. Well, here's the darker and more grown up version that I've been hoping I'd see one day. Diving into the depths of Arthur's past is an absolutely perfect start to the show. I love all of the casting choices, yet I know Peter still needs to grow on me a bit. Yet Arthur and Dot are perfectly cast. I'm really looking forward to more Griffin as Arthur.

For a pilot it was way more than I was ever hoping for and can't wait to see more. I knew Ben said he planned to go deeper and darker than most would probably be anticipating and I think it was it best decision at this point in time. If you were hoping for a walk down memory lane then watch a rerun, because this is new and improved in my opinion. It is definitely worth checking it out so please do, it's well worth it and don't forget to log on to Amazon.com review pilot to leave your review...of 5 stars of course!

In celebrating today's Premiere of The Tick Returns Pilot Movie on Amazon Prime I am giving away The Tick and Arthur 3" PVC Mini Action figures to the person who guesses closest to a number between 1-100. Winner will be announced next month.

bhhw02.jpg

:wishluck:

:gossip: Their buddy is missing them.

Watching The Tick Returns Right Now!!! Woot! Woot!

https://t.co/0NXVvGWeN8

...wait...what kind of suit is that in the suitcase???

Oh you'll see. :popcorn:

Okay. I saw that free first episode.

- I get it now why people think The Tick is Arthur's imagination - like in Fight Club.

- The Tick's dramatic superhero speak actually seems to work so far.

- Arthur's battle suit is actually really cool - but still corny.

I'd watch more of this to see if it comes together. Which surprises me as from the early images I didn't think I would care for this show.

:whee:

SATURDAY AT 1:00PM Ben Edlund to be signing FREE Limited Edition Poster of The Tick Returns! Plus One Personal Item!!! Wait...how do I get an agent from the CGC to be there while he signs? ...I'm not gonna miss this one! I hope!

11277du.jpg

I just tried this at work. I was able to watch The Tick Returns for free! You can access amazon prime from anywhere but I used the link I got from Peter Serafinowicz twitter post which is...

https://t.co/0NXVvGWeN8

Then I signed up for 30 days free viewing of Amazon Prime with an email that I just created. They didn't ask for any credit info or anything...they just want an email. Pretty cool huh!?

Hey MetalPSI, you just gotta pick a number! We have to make it a little challenging for Bosco685!

bhhw02.jpg

bhhw02.jpg

That's ok Vic, I think it should go to someone who has kids or another that would would appreciate it more than I can. :) Not my cup of tea
That's fine...I betcha you'd play if I threw one of my sacred comics up there! Hehehe...just saying. Funny thing is...I got started collecting Tick merchandise when I first just wanted something to mount on my 4x4 blue dashboard! I haven't stopped since and it's brought me to a world of really cool collectors! Peace!

Just wanted to say that this is a pretty cool thread.
Ladies and gentlemen we are honored with his presence Mr. Jeff McClelland! Author of The Tick Comic book series and more!!! I think I can say on behalf of us Tick fans thank you for everything you do and welcome to the CGC Tick Appreciation Forum!