• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

BUMPER STICKER MONDAY!!! :bump:

The Tick Honk If You Love Justice Bumper Sticker

mre974.jpg

TM & 1994 FCN. All rights reserved. Produced under license by Balzout, Inc.

The Tick Bumper Sticker - Spoon!

3vct1.jpg

TM and 1998 Fox Children's Network, Inc and 1995 Ben Edlund. All rights Reserved.

The Tick Bumper Sticker - Arthur - Life isn't a comic book you know!

64ijoi.jpg

TM and 1998 Fox Children's Network, Inc. and 1995 Ben Edlund. All Rights Reserved.

The Tick Bumper Sticker - Seize The Day!

3y1si.jpg

TM & 1994 FCN. All rights reserved. Produced under license by Balzout Inc.

Edited by vsndesigns

ANNOUNCEMENT: OCTOBER GIVEAWAY IS...

A Genuine 1997 The Tick Big Blue Destiny Comic Book Autographed by Eli Stone PLUS A Bonus Action Figure From One of the Six Guys Below!

2ij4ux1.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

SPOON...I mean 6

THE WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS FRONT AND BACK COVERS NUMBER 3 WITH THE TICK...Yeah, I know...I'm still missing number 2. My Comic Book Store didn't have it in stock. Anyone out there with a minty fresh copy of number 2?

2v1nuvr.jpg

WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS, A GATHERING STORM NO. 3. COVER DATE OCTOBER 1, 2011. RELEASED BY RED ANVIL COMICS. Five years in the making! Dave Ryan's magnum opus is finally here! For the first time ever in a single comic series, The War of the Independents brings together over 200 independent and creator-owned comic characters for the largest, most ambitious, inter-company crossover ever! When villains attempt to create an inter-dimensional doorway for world conquest, they wind up confronting a plethora of heroes from across the muiltiverse to stop them. Indie characters include Madman, Faust, Captain Canuck, Captain Tupelo, Tick, Gumby, E-Man, Editor Girl, Zen, Badger, Too Much Coffee Man, Scud, and many, many more! Dave Ryan (Artist, Writer), Franchesco! (Penciler), John Higgins (Inker, Penciler), Mariano Nicienza (Penciler), Peter Palmiotti (Inker), Wilson Ramos, Jr. (Colorist, Letterer). Characters: 10th Muse, Ant, Atomika, Aym Geronimo, Axiom Man, Battle Suit Kaiju, Bat King, Bat Lady, Badger, Bedbug, Black Flag, Blackjack, Bomb Queen, Boog, BrightEyes, Buzzboy, Calibre, Captain Action, Captain Africa, Captain Canuck, Carnage, Commander, Cassie Hack, Cerebus, Chesty Sanchez, Cheese, Crazy Mary, Critter, Crusader, Crash, Cyberfrog, Dreadlocks, Doc Creepy, Drunken Monkey, E-Man, El Gato Negro, El Valiente, Eudaemon, Ezra, Faust, FemForce, Fishnet Angel, Flaming Carrot, Fone Bone, Freezerburn, Gearhead, General Jack Cosmo, Glittergirl, Gullveig, Gumby, Jetta, Jim Reaper, Johnny Raygun, Johnny Saturn, Johnny Copperhead, Halloween Man, Hero by Night, Rex, Raygun, Kade, Karabasan, Kane, Kinetics, Koni Waves, Lazerman, Liberty Girl, Lucius Down, Louie, Lucy, Madman, Magnitude, Maxx, Mazscara, Meth, Megaster, Megaton Man, Mercy Sparx, Meriem Cooper, Milk and Cheese, Mr. Monster, Ms. Monster, Minx, Nick Landime, Nira-X, Nothingface, Ninja Witch, Orcus, Pandora Doll, Popbot, Phazer, Phantom Jack, Phoney Bone, Pierce, Pokey, Protoplasman, Quik, Razorjack, Reata, Reid Fleming, Rook, Sara Vargas, Scarab, Scarlett, Scud, Shadowflame, Shadowhawk, Shaloman, Sharkman, Shi, Sire, Smiley Bone, Smoke, Sniper, Sonambulo, Spacegirl, Spektral, Sunburst, Talon, The Living Corpse, The Pro, THE TICK, Templar, Tiger Wraith, Tit, Tat, The Venger, Tityus, Too Much Coffee Man, Toy Boy, Usagi Yojimbo, Vlad, Valentine, Wargod, Wulf Girlz, Warrior Nun Areala, Witch Hunter, Space Wraith, Xenya, Xstacy, Yellow Jacket, Zen, Zeus, Zippy the Pinhead

The Tick Pencil from 1997 that was given away at Cost Cutter's Haircutters! Has anyone ever heard or been to Cost Cutter's before?

2mze6gy.jpg

The Tick Pencil is a Pencil featuring Tick sayings with a Tick head topper. It was given away with children's haircuts in 1997 at Cost Cutter's. On the clear package reads the following: Warning Choking Hazard - Toy contains small part. Not for children under 3 years. This bag is not a toy. Keep bag out of reach of children. Please dispose of properly. Made in China. On the head says. 1998 FCN Made in China. On the pencil says, "Cost Cutters, Kid Head Quarters" "Why is everyone messing with my mind?", "My Mind is My Weakness", "Evil is Never in Fashion" "The Tick" "No time for sanity, Chum", "Why is everyone messing with my mind?" "Justice is always my business", "Now...who wants to be a hero?", Fox Kids Network, 1998.

I know IntoAnother had already posted a shot of his winning lotto tickets for seeing The Tick Exclusive SDCC Panel this year with Ben Edlund but I thought I would share these anyways. Graciously signed by Author of The Tick FCBD, Mr. Jeff McClelland.

2zf5rv6.jpg

Show was at the Haunted Horton Grand Theatre and Hotel in the Gas District of San Diego, California. Row and Seat number assignments were attached by stickers now removed.

2007 THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC CON T-SHIRT ARTWORK BY ARTHUR SUYDAM

2iaehyo.jpg

2007 THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC CON T-SHIRT ARTWORK BY ARTHUR SUYDAM. What happens when you assemble over 30 different comic creators and give them creative freedom to present The Tick the way they see him!? You get The Tick's 20th Anniversary Special Edition #1! To make The Tick's 20th Anniversary Special Edition #1 truly special New England Comics Press has gathered over two dozen of the finest comic writers and artists of today to help honor The Tick on his 20th birthday! Simon Bisley and Arthur Suydam share the cover duties with their stunning individual cover renditions of The Tick. The print run will be split equally between the "Bisley Edition" and the "Suydam Edition" and a separately released third limited variant cover will be graced with a Bisley "sketch version"! As the "piece de resistance", and for the first time in many years, Ben Edlund will contribute 3 ORIGINAL PAGES featuring his famous creation!

As for the stories, the creators were each asked to to write and draw a one page (in some special cases, 2 pages) Tick short tale as if they had total control over the character... and yes indeed they do! The styles of these varied and talented artists range from the super-heroic all the way through the "alternative" world of comics. In addition to these stories we've included many Tick-related articles such as"Arachnida by Ben Edlund", "The History of the Tick as I Know It", "The High Cog Speaks" and the "2006 San Diego Comic-Con Report". If all that isn't enough, we've added the complete creator index/bio pages that includes photos (or illustrations) of each of the contributors in this issue! Black T-Shirt by Gildan Ultra Cotton.

The Tick 1995 Promotional Pin for Press and Manufacturers at the 1995 International Licensing Show in New York City.

2sb04nc.jpg

ame2y1.jpg

The Tick 1995 Promotional Pin for Press and Manufacturers at the 1995 International Licensing Show in New York City. The pin measures 1" x 3/4".

The Tick 1995 Promotional Pin for Press and Manufacturers at the 1995 International Licensing Show in New York City.

2sb04nc.jpg

ame2y1.jpg

The Tick 1995 Promotional Pin for Press and Manufacturers at the 1995 International Licensing Show in New York City. The pin measures 1" x 3/4".

For a pin, that looks really nice!

:applause:

September 2, 1996 People Magazine and The Tick

156r60n.jpg

The Tick makes it onto People Magazine on September 2, 1996. A short article about Saturday Morning's Latest Hit on Fox 11:30 a.m. The Tick, in a manner of all cartoon superheroes, has a strong jaw, a zest for doing good and his name in the title. Mentally, though, he's on another planet -- a dim, distant one. Charging into action, this child in a superman's body can think of no mightier rallying cry than "Spoon!" The smartly silly animated series is crammed with 100 other nutty characters, including Die Fledermaus, a bat-suited prettyboy who likes to hand out glossies of himself. Explaining the show's appeal to both adults and kids, Ben Edlund who created The Tick as a comic book in 1988, shrugs: "Why don't we call it a zany romp?"

FUN FACT: In the first season, Mickey Dolenz, the Monkee, was the voice of The Tick's sidekick Arthur. Arthur is an accountant in a moth suit.

TRUE CONFESSION: Edlund's first version of The Tick had him dressed in brown shag. "Then I thought, 'Superman wears blue, Spiderman wears blue,'" Edlund says. "Blue just works better when you're a superhero."

Edited by vsndesigns

They give out the craziest things sometimes at conventions.
Hahahaha...too funny Bosco685...wait...is this real or photoshopped?

:facepalm:2guf8za.jpg

lol

Worse. MS Paint.

:ohnoez:

Dang! Now I am impressed! Course...I remember using MS WORD to draw with...and recently I discovered foxit for pretty incredible things with pdfs!