• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

A clue? Perhaps there are a lot more of these ashcans somewhere in mint condition

I wish that was a clue, this is a very difficult book to track down. I can't find a yellow #1 or #2 available anywhere and a clue like that would give me some hope! I believe the sticker is from CGC from when Vic sent it in along with a few other books in hopes of it being graded. Yet as you can tell from the sticker, they don't grade these ashcans due to how extremely difficult it would be to authenticate them. In reality it would be next to impossible due to them being nothing more than Xerox copies. Although Vic's may be the exception if it has the hand written notes in it I think it has.

Ah ok. Thought Vic had gotten it like that

Nope, I just don't throw anything away! hehehe. It really becomes part of the history of the Ashcan. I even have the email correspondence between CGC and myself regarding why they don't do ashtrays like this...but you know I had to try anyways. Here's a pic of the issue with post-it notes on it to show where George Suarez had redlined the issue, and where Ben starts to talk about it himself and everyone started to gather around to take a look at it. It's kinda cool how they used to make comic books that way before the digital took over.

9k6pw7.jpg

This is where I'm telling him about how I was able to get this issue from The William Devine, Jr. and how I sent scans of it to Bob Polio.

15rmv7p.jpg

This is where everyone starts to gather around Mr. Ben Edlund as he narrates the story of how this ashtray is called a "Proof Copy" and I start to back off to let others take a look at what Ben is about to point out.

I'm thinking about pitching an offer for this item. http://www.ebay.com/itm/142102227413?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How do you guys feel about "restored" Signature Series CGC books.(Yellow and purple label). How much do you think this issue is worth?

You honestly don't want a restored copper book. There are so many that are in much better condition than that. I'd wait till another SS or even regular shows up

Thanks for the heads up guys! This forum rocks! I would delete the restored comment that I made if I could, but I think others can learn from this as well. As it turns out, I may not have to settle for a Tick Number 1 SS Restored Copy after all! :wishluck:

The Tick Family is back together, thanks to Vic!

pIJIcMx.png

Wo! 9.8's! And you're not on the registrry because....??? And btw, you are most welcome! I still have to give some thought as to what the next Giveaway will be. THIS PHOTO JUST LOOKS BADASS! Very cool Bosco685! Edited by vsndesigns

ANNOUNCEMENT: OCTOBER GIVEAWAY IS...

A Genuine 1997 The Tick Big Blue Destiny Comic Book Autographed by Eli Stone PLUS A Bonus Action Figure From One of the Six Guys Below!

2ij4ux1.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!