• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

I agree that they would be excellent additions to the registry as they are extremely important books to the history of The Tick. I did make a request that they be added to "The Tick: Ben Edlund Original Set" registry. Please read my post to Gemma in the "Set Expansion Requests" thread as I know they may be very difficult books to score. I provided as much information that I thought may be helpful, but I definitely would like the others who take part in this registry to state how they feel about the addition of them as well.

The only slight challenge is these are fanzines/newsletters versus comic books. But if CGC is grading them, it would make sense having the newsletters as part of your registry set.

Here's the link to help request that we get the No. 14 onto the registry:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=40&Number=9535547&Searchpage=1&Main=393617&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9535547

Wow...someone posted The Tick Returns onto YouTube and it has already received over 8,000 views...combine that with the over 10,000 reviews posted on Amazon Prime, I think we have a WINNER! I hope Amazon Prime comes out with the results pretty soon, but from what I've seen I think it's leaning towards The Tick!

Wow...someone posted The Tick Returns onto YouTube and it has already received over 8,000 views...combine that with the over 10,000 reviews posted on Amazon Prime, I think we have a WINNER! I hope Amazon Prime comes out with the results pretty soon, but from what I've seen I think it's leaning towards The Tick!

:wishluck:

THE TICK BLENDER DIGITAL MAGAZINE VOLUME 2.2 APRIL 1, 1996

351bxxy.jpg

Blender was an American music magazine that billed itself as "the ultimate guide to music and more". It was also known for sometimes steamy pictorials of celebrities. It compiled lists of albums, artists, and songs, including both "best of" and "worst of" lists. In each issue, there was a review of an artist's entire discography, with each album being analyzed in turn.

Blender was published by Dennis Publishing. The magazine began in 1994 as the first digital CD-ROM magazine by Jason Pearson, David Cherry, and Regina Joseph, acquired by Felix Dennis/Dennis Publishing, UK it published 15 digital CD issues, and launched on the web in 1997. It started publishing a print edition again in 1999 in its most recent form. Blender CD-ROM showcased the earliest digital editorial formats, as well as the first forms of digital advertising. The first digital advertisers included Calvin Klein, Apple Computer, Stephen Colbert, Toyota and Nike.

In June 2006, the Chicago Tribune named it one of the top ten English-language magazines, describing it as "the cool kid at the school of rock magazines".[1]

Owner Alpha Media Group closed Blender magazine March 26, 2009, going to an online-only format in a move that eliminated 30 jobs and reduced the company's portfolio of titles to Maxim alone. Blender's final print issue was the April 2009 issue.[2] Subscribers to the magazine were sent issues of Maxim magazine to make up for the unsent Blender issues.

In celebrating today's Premiere of The Tick Returns Pilot Movie on Amazon Prime I am giving away The Tick and Arthur 3" PVC Mini Action figures to the person who guesses closest to a number between 1-100. Winner will be announced next month.

bhhw02.jpg

One more day to guess a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and these two mini figs will be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

In celebrating today's Premiere of The Tick Returns Pilot Movie on Amazon Prime I am giving away The Tick and Arthur 3" PVC Mini Action figures to the person who guesses closest to a number between 1-100. Winner will be announced next month.

bhhw02.jpg

One more day to guess a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and these two mini figs will be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

:whee:

Totally Kids 25 Club Waterville Valley Fan Magazine from September 1994

rh8qhl.jpg

Fox Kids Club was a loose network of regional clubs for Fox TV affiliates. I was a member, so I got my own Fox Kids Club membership card and a subscription to the Totally Kids magazine. I recall Totally Kids being released four times a year. The one copy I have was when the Fox Kids lineup was at, or near, its peak. I liked looking forward to weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings. Huge favorites like X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, and Animaniacs, while Spider-Man was getting ready to debut and The Tick finished its first season. Bobby’s World was still running, the absurd Eek the Cat was on Saturday mornings, and I think Taz-Mania was still on Saturday mornings. The biggest hit and outright phenomenon, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, is woefully underrepresented in this issue. During commercial breaks, our hosts Miss Jan and Tony O did…whatever they had to do to amuse us kids. I don’t have strong recollections of the Fox 49 WTLH promos. No, not Fox 49 Portland. I think the other nearby Fox affiliate WFXL had their own Kids Club, but since it was hard to pick up with an antenna, I never thought much of what that station was doing. I did meet Miss Jan once helping her set up a lecture she was doing at my school. I was no older than 10, so I don’t have any strong memories. The last I’ve read of her on the Interwebs many years ago is her receiving some award for teaching. Tony O, meanwhile, is a wedding singer according to his LinkedIn profile. Anyway…fox-kids-club-logoThe Fox Kids Saturday ended in the late 2000s. My local Fox station airs informercials in its place. Sniff, sniff. A lot of local Fox Kids stuff is on YouTube. If you’re here to watch the old Fox shows, try Kids WB, Marvel.com, or even YouTube. Subscribers to Netflix can watch Spider-Man and X-Men. The gallery below are of selected pages of the Totally Kids magazine.

Edited by vsndesigns

The WINNER for last months Free give away is....

bhhw02.jpg

Last months number was chosen in honor of Ben's first appearance in New England Comic's Newsletter NO. 14.

Just to make sure we're clear on this, IntoAnother posted "It's a ^spooning* 10!" but I think he was referring to The Tick Returns on Amazon Prime, right? That leaves the lucky winner who picked 18...who is...

Bosco685! Congratulations on your win! I'll be shipping them out ASAP!

Bosco685! Congratulations on your win! I'll be shipping them out ASAP!

:o

You are very kind! And these contests make the thread that much more special.

:foryou:

(worship)

Thank you so much! I think The Tick Fan Community as a whole are really nice and decent people and a little competition just makes it a little more fun!

Holy cowl Batman! I just peeked at the registry...The Tick got updated! Thanks to Gemma and some die hard Tick fans! Note to self...gotta update my registry...
Okay...just added my no. 14 and I moved from 15th place up to 5th place...woohoo...I'm easily amused!

lol Lookit IntoAnother sliding into first! Nice job (thumbs u

:applause:

? :banana:

Thank you guys very much, the warm reception means a lot to me. I truly am very grateful for all the help I've received from a few of you to help me work on my dream set.

Today has been an amazing day. I finally acquired a copy of a New England Comics Newsletter #16, Ticks 3rd Appearance. It has taken me a very long time to locate a copy of that book. So to celebrate I picked up another copy of a NEC Newsletter #14! :cloud9:

Hello, I am new to this. anyway, I was reading a post of yours from 5/06/14 regarding

1993 THE TICK LASERMACH, INC. SCULPTURE. I actually own one. I have #83 of 5000. I don't know if your still interested but I am selling it.

1993 LASERMACH, INC. OF WOODINVILLE, WA. USA. LASER SCULPTURE. FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. I CURRENTLY OWN #83 OF 5000. IT IS IN MINT CONDITION. I AM INTERESTED IN PASSING IT ON TO SOMEONE WHO WILL CHERISH IT.

1993 LASERMACH, INC. OF WOODINVILLE, WA. USA. LASER SCULPTURE. FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. I CURRENTLY OWN #83 OF 5000. IT IS IN MINT CONDITION. I AM INTERESTED IN PASSING IT ON TO SOMEONE WHO WILL CHERISH IT.
Hi IRROD, Welcome to the forum! If you have any pics of the LaserMach, you can upload them to www.tinypic.com (Select Image, Resize to Message Board and then copy the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards and paste over here). I already have one but I'm sure there are others who might be interested. I believe you can see a LaserMach sculpture in the very next photo! Edited by vsndesigns