• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

CHECK IT OUT! I found these glass frames at Dollar Tree (for $1.00 each) and wanted to get some feedback as to what you think about them. Will they damage the comic book? Which one is better, the larger one or the smaller one? I thought the clear glazing on the picture frames were going to be plastic, as it turns out they are made of thin glass! The larger Tick mags won't fit in the smaller frames, would it look dumb if I use both size frames for hanging up on my wall? The back of the frames use 6 bendable tabs that hold the cardboard backing in place. Could this possibly cause binder damage?

107kfh3.jpg

Smaller Glass Frame

21ag0o0.jpg

Larger Glass Frame

rr2y5y.jpg

Smaller Tick Mag

2hpkohs.jpg

Larger Tick Mag

CONGRATULATIONS CAHokie who's winning number was 83! Please IM me with the address you would like for me to send your Brand New Bag and Boarded Minty Fresh LCBD The Tick Comic Book Magazine PLUS A Bonus Tick Action Figure!

2uonjah.jpg

:applause: Awesome CAHokie

Thanks Everyone for Participating in this month's free giveaway! And Congratulations to CAHokie again. Hey CAHokie, if you would be so kind to take a snapshot and upload it here when you receive your item that would be greatly appreciated! Spooooonnnnn!!!

Edlund didn't have anything to do with this one I don't think, but it looked great so I had to have it

20161201_102821_zpsnw9cy1jw.jpg

That one is really cool. I hope one day, we'll be able to see both the Chainsaw Vigilante and Barry up on the big screen...can you imagine!?

Edlund didn't have anything to do with this one I don't think, but it looked great so I had to have it

20161201_102821_zpsnw9cy1jw.jpg

That one is really cool. I hope one day, we'll be able to see both the Chainsaw Vigilante and Barry up on the big screen...can you imagine!?

lol That would be awesome. One of my favorite animated Tick episodes is where the gang goes to the night club and the Midnight Bomber Who Bombs At Midnight is there, and Barry shows up.

Just a classic episode and a keen look into Edlunds comedy style

Tick's Big Yule Log Special #1 released by New England Comics on December 1, 1997 (Front)

qslesk.jpg

The Tick's first-ever Christmas comic ! This blockbuster 40-page holiday 'special' features two different covers both by Eli Stone. (Inside contents are the same.) The lead story matches The Tick and Arthur against a wayward elf who has a grudge against Santa! The friends blunder onto the elf's plot when they get drafted to play Santa at a shopping mall! Can The Tick save Christmas for the 'good kids' of The City?! Concept: Ben Edlund; Writer Sean Wang; Penciller Sean Wang; Inker Jeff Whiting; Backup story: Eli Stone eli5stone.wix.com/5stone#!portfolio/c1han; NECP Staff: Publisher: George Suarez; NECP Art Director: Bob Polio; NECP Systems: Dave Snyder

Tick on display marshmallows.

:cloud9:

Yummy!

Hahahaha...display marshmelllows...gotta love it! HAPPY FRIDAY! ...side note...I really gotta clean up my office this weekend ((((sigh)))) :angel:

At least distribute some additional Tick rarities to free up space as a minimum.

:baiting:

Tick on display marshmallows.

:cloud9:

Yummy!

Hahahaha...display marshmelllows...gotta love it! HAPPY FRIDAY! ...side note...I really gotta clean up my office this weekend ((((sigh)))) :angel:

At least distribute some additional Tick rarities to free up space as a minimum.

:baiting:

lol! When I finally do get everything up and organized, I was figuring on taking some pics to share online what's taking so long. I think the problem is...every time I think I know how to display something, I soon find a better way to organize that same display. Latest change...I took the glass that was in the dollar frame and I supported it with 99 cent store tube glasses, thereby adding intermediate shelves in my detoff glass display cabinets. It makes it a little dark in there, so I'll probably have to add some LED lights and possibly maybe a rotary base to show off what's in the back to the front...

The Tick No. 1 Big Yule Log Special Cover By Eli Stone Front 1997

2dlrvpu.jpg

The Tick's first-ever Christmas comic ! This blockbuster 40-page holiday 'special' features two different covers both by Eli Stone. (Inside contents are the same.) The lead story matches The Tick and Arthur against a wayward elf who has a grudge against Santa! The friends blunder onto the elf's plot when they get drafted to play Santa at a shopping mall! Can The Tick save Christmas for the 'good kids' of The City?! Concept: Ben Edlund; Writer Sean Wang; Penciller Sean Wang; Inker Jeff Whiting; Backup story: Eli Stone eli5stone.wix.com/5stone#!portfolio/c1han; NECP Staff: Publisher: George Suarez; NECP Art Director: Bob Polio; NECP Systems: Dave Snyder