• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

THE TICK ON FOX TV MASSIVE SUMMER DOUBLE SPECTACLE NUMBER 1 (THIS IS A VARIANT COVER OF THE TICK'S MASSIVE SUMMER DOUBLE SPECTACLE NUMBER 1, THERE ARE NO REPRODUCTIONS OF THE TV REALITY SERIES IN THIS BOOK).

2wnpd82.jpg

THE TICK'S MASSIVE SUMMER DOUBLE SPECTACLE NUMBER 1 JULY 2000. PUBLISHED BY NEW ENGLAND COMICS PRESS (NECP) A DIVISION OF NEW ENGLAND COMICS, INC. PO BOX 690346 QUINCY, MA 02269. TEL 617-774-0140 FAX 617-774-1747 EMAIL NECP@NECCOMICS.COM WEB SITE: WWW.NECOMICS.COM. THE TICK AND RELATED CHARACTERS ARE AND 2000 BEN EDLUND MYNDI IS 2000 NECP. ALL OTHER MATERIAL IS 2000 NECP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO SIMILARITY BETWEEN ANY OF THE NAMES, CHARACTERS AND/OR INSTITUTIONS IN THIS PUBLICATION WITH ANY OF THOSE OF ANY PERSON OR INSTITUTION IS INTENDED, AND ANY SUCH SIMILARITY WHICH EXISTS, EXCEPT BY SATIRE, IS COINCIDENTAL. PRINTED IN THE USA. CONCEPT BY BEN EDLUND, PUBLISHER GEORGE SUAREZ, ART DIRECTOR BOB POLIO AND SYSTEMS BY DAVE SNYDER. STORY BY MARC SILVIA AND INKS BY TAK TOYOSHIMA. The story: 'There's no '$' in T - E - A - M' The Tick and his super-hero teammates have lost their sole means of support: Barry's credit card! Their clubhouse was destroyed by Barry. They need a new meeting place and this means raising some money---and quick. How about auditioning new members? That means enrollment fees and membership dues---money in the bank! Enter: THE MULTI-MILLIONAIRE! This super-hero has just one power but it's a powerful power: LOTS OF MONEY! Plus being a successful millionaire he's got a lot of good ideas for improving the team! Like how about finding a competing team of super-villains to fight against? A cooperative bunch who are willing to schedule their crimes at a convenient place and time? There's no reason why the super-hero lifestyle can't be ... comfortable! So commences a story so BIG we need two complete comics to tell the tale! THE TICK'S MASSIVE SUMMER DOUBLE SPECTACLE 1 & 2 sprawls across FIFTY pages of story with tons of heroes and villains some newly introduced here! Not to mention an awesome multi-page battle scene which culminates in The Tick 'commandeering' a pirate ship to pursue desperate super-villains who have hijacked a cruise liner! VARIANT COVER.

I did find a CGC SS available online at http://www.ebay.ie/itm/The-Ticks-Massive-Summer-Double-Spectacle-1-CGC-9-6-SS-Signed-Patrick-Warburton-/252226107394?hash=item3ab9d8f802:g:BaQAAOSwAYtWQCi1

If I was on the east coast this weekend I would definitely have Alex Harris and Brendan Lee autograph this for me! They did a 6 page backup story in this volume.

2s0ianm.jpg

Coming this weekend on Saturday November 19, 2016. LCSD (Local Comic Shop Day) The Tick (One Shot)

Original Content! New Stories!

NEW ENGLAND COMICS

(W) Jeff McClelland (A) Duane Redhead, Various

The Ninjas reborn? All new stories, cover to cover! The word on the grimey streets of The City is that the Ninjas are making a new push to rebrand, reform and rebuild with the help of a charismatic and mysterious new leader. The Tick & a reluctant Arthur decide to disguise themselves in Ninja garb and infiltrate one of the secret meetings. Will the upstart Ninjas see thru The Tick’s rather “out-stretched” ninja costume? Or can our heroes stop the rebirth of the Ninja clans in The City?

On sale November 19th at participating Local Comic Shop Day® retailers!

Heck, someone get me a copy! :)

Edited by vsndesigns

1998 THE TICK THE LUNY BIN TRILOGY NUMBER 1 ASHCAN AUTOGRAPHED BY ELI STONE

9gy8w1.jpg

1998 THE TICK THE LUNY BIN TRILOGY NUMBER 1 ASHCAN NO. 159 OF 200. AUGUST 1998 AKA THE TICK BIG BLUE DESTINY NUMBER 7 PUBLISHED BY NEW ENGLAND COMICS, INC. CONCEPT BEN EDLUND, LUNY BIN TRILOGY CREATOR ELI STONE, BACKUP STORY MARC SILVIA, GABE CRATE, TAK TOYOSHIMA, NECP STAFF, GEORGE SUAREZ, BOB POLIO, DAVE SNYDER.

BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER IS THE ACTUAL COMIC BOOK RELEASED.

Edited by vsndesigns

2001 THE TICK COLOR NUMBER 4

2ceovmw.jpg

August 2001, by Silvia, Kazybrid, & Shima The climactic conclusion of the three-issue story arc, "Rocket Men from the Moon!" Crazy Blue Rocket's former sidekick, Johnny Wingless (formerly thought dead, too) has gone over to the evil side! From his secret rocket base on the Moon he launches wave after wave of massive explosive missiles to destroy The City. Can The Tick, Arthur and their super-hero teammates prevent the end of "life as they like it" on Earth!? Find out by reading the senses-shattering finale in The Tick Color #4! The Tick's universe has been forever changed by the most awesome force in comics: the power of full color! Cover price $3.95. CGC NUMBER 1157700015

I don't know if they'll have The Tick comic book over here where I live, but I'm sure gonna check and find out at 11:00 a.m. If I do and they have some, I'll see about buying a few of them. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Edited by vsndesigns

1993 THE TICK CHAINSAW VIGILANTE 1 GOLD VARIANT

2n87zr.jpg

The Chainsaw Vigilante is a recurring villain/anti-villain/anti-hero from Ben Edlunds renowned parody superhero comic book series The Tick. He is less emotionally stable than most of the vigilantes in the City and Deertown, but he is not a murderer so long as he can help it. After terrorizing the Tick and other superheroes in the City and Deertown, the Chainsaw Vigilante eventually partially reformed and became a true anti-hero in his own spinoff series.

Life as a villain

Before the Chainsaw Vigilante recieved his own series, he devoted his life to cleansing the city of delusional and ill equiped superheroes by "shocking them into reality". As a child, his father suffered serious injuries when an incompotent superhero tried to rescue him. The injuries he sustained caused him to lose his job, and his family was submitted to abject poverty. He vowed to one day right the sort of wrongs that superheroes bring about with their very existance. When he grew old enough, he donned the guise of a mask wearing, chainsaw weilding maniac that would terrorize would be heroes back into their normal lives. He did not kill anyone, but he did seriously injure some of his victims before confronting the Tick. Seeing the Tick as nothing more than another incompotent liability, the Chainsaw Vigilante attempted first to scare him off, and then attack with his weapon of choice when that didn't work. Flabberghasted that his powerful tool was so ineffective against the Tick, the Vigilante had a psychological breakdown, and vowed vengance against the Tick for not being brought down like a normal superhero would be. He stalked the Tick and Arthur as they traveled, and is thwarted at every advance by the blue hero. Eventually, he comes to grip with the fact that he can not defeat the Tick, and half acknowledges thatsome superheroes provide an actual benefit to society. He commits himself to fighting crime and the conditions that produce incompotent superheroes instead, and becomes a sort of rogue anti-hero. Chainsaw Vigilante 1 was released with a silver foil stamped cover and came with three rare variant covers. A Chainsaw Vigilante Trade Paperback entitled Chainsaw Vigilante Bonanza was released in December 1996. This comic was originally supposed to run 6 issues. It was stopped after three issues due to poor sales.

boo-yah! :hi: Kicking myself for not picking up more copies doh!
I picked up 3 copies and thinking about slabbing 1 reading 1 and giving 1 up over here next week.

sounds good (thumbs u They only had 4 or 5 at my LCS and I wanted someone else to have a chance as well...

Is this the first LCS "DAY"-Tick? I see "free comic book day" on ebay, I didn't know there were previous things like that--but no LCS "day";s on the bay...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope this is a new series.....is it?

boo-yah! :hi: Kicking myself for not picking up more copies doh!
I picked up 3 copies and thinking about slabbing 1 reading 1 and giving 1 up over here next week.

sounds good (thumbs u They only had 4 or 5 at my LCS and I wanted someone else to have a chance as well...

Is this the first LCS "DAY"-Tick? I see "free comic book day" on ebay, I didn't know there were previous things like that--but no LCS "day";s on the bay...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope this is a new series.....is it?

I was going to get 6...2 for each of the people I brought in with me but when I asked the store owner and he slightly hesitated...I told him 3 was fine...for the same reasons above. I heard they did a LCSD last year but I really don't know if this is the 1st LCSD issue of The Tick.

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 ONE SHOT Local Comic Shop Day Limited Edition Issue Comic Book Bag and Boarded!

mcg1ua.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON DECEMBER 1, 2016.

CONGRATULATIONS CAHokie who's winning number was 83! Please IM me with the address you would like for me to send your Brand New Bag and Boarded Minty Fresh LCBD The Tick Comic Book Magazine PLUS A Bonus Tick Action Figure!

Edited by vsndesigns

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 ONE SHOT Local Comic Shop Day Limited Edition Issue Comic Book Bag and Boarded!

mcg1ua.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON DECEMBER 1, 2016.