• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

The Tick Color (2001) Issue Number 2 Original Cover Art by Marc Sandoni

11ad6kl.jpg

by Marc Silvia, Mychailo Kazybrid, & Tak Toyoshima Bearing the classic "The Tick" logo, and re-starting the numbering of this title from a new #1 issue, The Tick Color series will feature all-new stories of The Tick and his entire universe in full-length four-color stories. In The Tick Color #2, Earth is being bombarded by meteors and it is quickly determined that this abnormal assault originates from the Moon. The Tick and his super-teammates boldly go where no hero has gone before and find themselves in the furious grip of an exciting full-color three-issue story arc entitled "Rocket Men from the Moon!" Space travel, evil rocket robots, zooming missiles, blasting explosions, crackling ray beams, stony rocks, heroic heroes, villainous villains, and menacing menaces come together in a climactic battle for the sake of the planet. FC, 32pg Cover price $3.95. My sincere thanks goes out to James Meeley for managing to procure this acquisition for me!

Edited by vsndesigns

Got my Custom Action Figure of Barry Hubris (From my favorite episode The Tick Vs. The Tick) today, and I couldn't be happier!  My sincere thanks goes out to FunStuffCustoms on Facebook aka Randy Patty for an amazing job!  

BARRY HUBRIS LIVES COMPRESSED.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns1

This is a print on Epson photo paper 16" x 18", autographed by Xavier Sade and numbered as Number 19 of 25 copies.  I bought it, I thought it was cool.  I didn't really do a lot of research on this one, it just spoke to me and it said...."SPOON!!!" Hero Complex Series 2015 Studio De Sade.  www.studiodesade.com.  Came from Arizona.  What do you guys think?  Thumbs up, thumbs down?  I'm trying out new image formats...one is to my flickr page and one is using tinypic...which one is better?

32828142031_ad827ad44e_k.jpgSPOON!!! THE TICK BY XAVIER SADE 2015 by vsndesigns, on Flickr

28ri5oj.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns

Summary:
set the day after the events of the pilot, with that drama somehow resolved
Chapter 1
Chapter Text
Cold morning. Arthur woke slowly to the sounds of The City, light creaking from the window and leaking from a lamp he fell asleep before turning off.
He was still. His thoughts were messy.
It was an odd feeling, not knowing if things were... well they were real to him but he had no way of knowing if...
It was an odd feeling, not being able to trust his own perception. It was a feeling he hadn't gotten used to in the years since his diagnosis. It was one thing to be how he was, and it was another to be all-too aware of it. Obsessed with it.
Maybe the events he remembered were real, the suit, the guns, the... man? The Tick. It seemed so... and even the most active of schizophrenic thoughts, do they create scenarios from scratch or do they take what's real and manipulate it to something... different.
"I'm okay." he mumbled to himself. He shivered, considering his memories from the day previous.
"Sure you are!" said the Tick, who was again waiting for him to wake up.
"Tick, we need to establish boundaries."
"Ooh! Boundaries! Sounds fun, is it like dungarees?"
"No. It's like when you know to leave me alone."
"Ohh... I don't like it anymore."
"I figured you wouldn't."
Chapter 2
Chapter Text
The Tick watched Arthur brush his teeth, eat breakfast, get ready for work.
"Could you go up on the rooftops or whatever while I'm getting ready in the morning?"
"I like watching you. You're so good at everything."
"Good at eating cereal?"
"Yeah!! Masterful, really! You eat cereal with such grace and charm... I like that in a sidekick. My last--"
"Sidekick? Still you think I'm going to... Go out there and fight crime, fight the Terror, myself?"
"Not yourself! Me and you! A duo!"
"I don't want to be a part of any duo. I'm not a superhero! I'm just Arthur."
"Of course you are, Arthur! That's what I love most about ya!"
"That I'm a superhero? I'm still not."
"No, that you're Arthur! Remember yesterday? You were amazing!"
"I screamed a lot, and threw up. Twice."
"I didn't even know you had that power!"
"It's not a power."
"It is when you hit the bad guys!"
"I have to go to work."
"You're not even wearing the suit!"
"I don't wear the suit to work."