• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the best comic book story/story arc you have ever read?

226 posts in this topic

A friend and I were talking about the best story/story arc we have ever read. He selected Watchmen and I selected Daredevil Born again. So it got me wondering, whats the best story/story arc you have ever read? hm

Daredevil "Born Again"

The best! I agree with you and your friend. Watchmen was genius as well.

My favorite Book overall though is Fables. Hard to pinpoint which arc is the best since it really is one big story. Similar is Walking Dead, another joy of a read!

The Bone series is simply brilliant, especially the first three story arcs including The Great Cow Race!

From moderns, it's a bit polarizing - I really like Civil War and I've enjoyed the Captain America story line since it's latest incarnation as volume 5.

I've been partial to Spidey, so my favorite is the story arc is between ASM 87 through the mid 90s with the death of Capt. Stacey and the drama that unfolds.

1) Thor #337-367; Walt Simonson's run on this was amazing, with Thor #355 being my single favorite comic issue of all-time. I may read it again, very soon now that I think about it.

2) Infinity Gauntlet

3) X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills

4) ASM #31-33

a few come to mind....

ASM #121/122

ASM #176-180

Batman: Long Halloween

Batman #251

Batman: Son of the Demon

Green Lantern #76-89

Punisher: Return to Big Nothiing

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns