• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Here are some more photos of the three Aurora monsters in hot rod kits I have in my collection:

DraculasDragster.jpg

FrankensteinsFlivver.jpg

WolfMansWagon.jpg

Here are more photos of some of my Revell "Big Daddy" Roth kits:

MrGasser.jpg

MothersWorry.jpg

DragNut.jpg

BrotherRatFinkonBike.jpg

Here are more pictures of some of the Hawk Weird-Oh kits:

Weird-ohsDaddy.jpg

Weird-ohsDavey.jpg

Weirdo-ohsDigger.jpg

Weird-ohsDragHag.jpg

Weird-ohsEndsvilleEddie.jpg

Weird-ohsHueysHutRod.jpg

Weirdo-ohsWadeAMinut.jpg

Here are photos of a couple of my Monogram Fred Flypogger kits:

SuperFuzzMouse.jpg

SpeedShiftMouse.jpg

:cool:

IMG_0339.jpg

I still have my original Atari Lynx and Lynx 2 (smaller version of Lynx), plus a bunch of games stored away. I drag it out once in a while.

There are still active discussion groups among coders, and new games that come out for it every so often. I picked up a copy of Alpine Games maybe like five years ago when it came out, and it is a really good game.

The game Chips Challenge has a mandelbrot and julius fractal generator easter egg that you can activate with a cheat code. It's dynamic, so you can zoom into the sets indefinitely. Well, until you crash the Lynx anyway.

My favorite games that I played for great lengths of time back in the day, and when I drag it out are:

California Games

Hockey

S.T.U.N. Runner

Raiden (hard as anything though)

Dracula the Undead (another hard game, walk-through needed, because when you die, you go back to the beginning.)

Blue Lightning

KLAX

Warbirds

These were really well-done games and are still fun to play.

The system had many others that should have been better, but ended up sucking, such as Super Off-Road.

There are also some that I have not played on the system, but are also supposedly fun on the system, such as Joust.

There are also some unreleased titles that I would like to check out such as Relief Pitcher, but the guy who owns the couple betas of R.P. that are out there is a tosser and won't burn any carts.

Best site for info:

http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html?SystemID=LYNX&searchCompanyID=ALL&searchRarity=ALL&searchType=NORMAL&orderBy=Name&orderByValue=Ascending&recordsPerPage=100&currentPage=0

One thing that I read about the Atari Jaguar system was that later on, after it had failed as a video game system, the case mold was licensed as some sort of medical device that you might find hanging on your doctors or dentists wall or something.

I have a small collection of Science Fiction paperbacks, primarily from the '50s and '60s. Like good comics, I love the cool cover art and the challenge of finding books that are nicely preserved and with bright interior paper.

Here are a few from my Philip K. D ick set:

PKD4.jpg

PKD3.jpg

I'm a big fan or Joe Lansdales' zombie western "Dead in the West," so I've put together a little collection or every state in which the book was published. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of dust in my camera lens which shows up as a dark round shadow in some of the photos. 2dhe2au.jpg

This copy is the first published hardcover edition (literally the first book bound off the press) xdfn6d.jpgke7y2s.jpg2nbdnnk.jpg2ue3erm.jpg21e0w8m.jpg2sam3w0.jpgNumber #1 of #150

Next item up is the screen-used prop book from the X-Files episode "The Ghosts That Stole Christmas." This is the copy that Lily Tomlin hands to David Duchovny in the latter half of the episode. As you can see, the prop department went wild and filled in all the blanks (photos and narration) of the backstory presented in the episode.

2hda7hc.jpgznpqw4.jpg2e2pcgl.jpg10p4zs2.jpgvd0awx.jpg2aj0wn7.jpg2956ec4.jpg

This X-Files prop hung in Mulder's office at one point, but I'd have to check my notes regarding episodes in which this item was used. im5u7o.jpg

This last screen-used prop is from the classic 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer" episode "Hush." It can be seen in the lair of the 'Initiative' and is the only paper used in the episode that has an identifing mark (the red marker circle) Check out the closeup and you'll see the prop department having a little fun. 280mhyw.jpg33jtgew.jpg

Here is what I collect besides comics:

Coins

Records (70s punk)

Miniature souvenir monuments

Books (autographed, books by Stephen king, books about 3d, old books which predicted the future')

Movie trading cards

3d baseball cards

1920s magic posters

Travel posters

movie posters

Sold my '71 Camaro project car awhile back - figured I was going to take a break from the vintage car hobby for a bit and focus on comics and OA.

Until a '67 Impala 2 door fastback caught my eye.

:headbang:

Sam and Dean would be proud.

Next item up is the screen-used prop book from the X-Files episode "The Ghosts That Stole Christmas." This is the copy that Lily Tomlin hands to David Duchovny in the latter half of the episode. As you can see, the prop department went wild and filled in all the blanks (photos and narration) of the backstory presented in the episode.

2hda7hc.jpg

One of my favorite episodes. That's a supercool prop.

Sold my '71 Camaro project car awhile back - figured I was going to take a break from the vintage car hobby for a bit and focus on comics and OA.

Until a '67 Impala 2 door fastback caught my eye.

:headbang:

Sam and Dean would be proud.

Do you mean Jan and Dean?