• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Super cool, Hepcat!

I'm going to have to come up with something more difficult next time.

How about...Land of the Giants 1960s model kits?

You got me on that one. The best I have in that regard is the ads for them in DC comics..

:(

Super cool, Hepcat!

You got me on that one. The best I have in that regard is the ads for them in DC comics..

Gotcha covered.

130682.jpg.04691374bfbe085cd6d898c8f59d77e7.jpg

I can't allow a bump of this thread to go by without posting some additional items from my collection.

I actually just recently obtained these two pieces:

3268897_1.jpg

Former US President and then Chief Justice of the Supreme Court William Howard Taft

3269292.jpg

Super cool, Hepcat!

Gotcha covered.

I do have a lot of other sixties model kits though!

Hepcatlookingattshirt-1.jpg

NewFullModelCabinets005.jpg

FullOpenModelCab2.jpg

(shrug)

Here are whatever scans of hockey cards I have handy:

Topps 1958-59

29-07-201245449PM.jpg

29-07-201245452PM.jpg

Topps 1960-61

29-07-201245456PM.jpg

29-07-201245500PM.jpg

Topps 1964-65

29-07-201245443PM.jpg

29-07-201245446PM.jpg

I have a modest collection of moderns as well. Here are some of my jersey cards which I love because they're so gaudy:

2003-04 Pacific Titanium

03-12-201175031PM.jpg

The last four Giguere cards are patch parallels.

03-12-201175034PM.jpg

The last three Miller cards are patch parallels.

And here are a few scans of my hockey coins:

1960-61 Shirriff

02-09-2012104733PM.jpg

02-09-2012104736PM.jpg

1968-69 Shirriff

02-09-2012104737PM.jpg

02-09-2012104740PM.jpg

:cool:

I don't think mine gets 19 MPG lol

cadfront.jpg

That thing better be juiced!
It will be. Still deciding on what I want. I like these faux aircraft pumps but just one pump costs more than most complete hydraulic setups

vintagestyleOSN001.jpg

It's getting a multi color kandy flake paint job right now :)

Here are a couple of group shots of the tapered half pint chocolate milk bottles I have from Ontario dairies:

ChocolateMilkHalfPints3.jpg

ChocolateMilkHalfPints4.jpg

ChocolateMilkHalfPints.jpg

ChocolateMilkHalfPints2.jpg

And here are a couple group shots of the quarter pint bottles I have from Ontario dairies:

QuarterPints3.jpg

QuarterPints4.jpg

QuarterPints5.jpg

QuarterPints6.jpg

:cool:

Finally able to take some pictures. I've been busy this weekend taking the pinstriping off the car, which is a tedious, but inexpensive pastime. Best part about this car? It's the same non-factory teal color I painted my old 1970 Impala back in the early 1990's. Amazing coincidence.

67IMPALA.JPG

The car's color - as nostalgic as I was about teal and brown, really wasn't doing it for me. So, combine that with a body and paint guy who needed some Christmas cash and a Dr. Balls sales thread, and I got myself a new paintjob in Satin Black with the front grille chrome restored...

8242614578_906cc17e26_c.jpg

It looks soooo much tougher in black.

The "good cards" from my childhood card collection. I haven't really bought any new cards in 20 years, but these bring back good collecting memories. Maybe I'll get some of them graded some day when I get tired of comics.

Cards1.jpg

Cards2.jpg

Cards3.jpg

Cards4.jpg

Cards5.jpg

Cards-WackyPackages.jpg

(The bottom row of the Wacky Packages are all Ludlow backs).

Finally able to take some pictures. I've been busy this weekend taking the pinstriping off the car, which is a tedious, but inexpensive pastime. Best part about this car? It's the same non-factory teal color I painted my old 1970 Impala back in the early 1990's. Amazing coincidence.

67IMPALA.JPG

The car's color - as nostalgic as I was about teal and brown, really wasn't doing it for me. So, combine that with a body and paint guy who needed some Christmas cash and a Dr. Balls sales thread, and I got myself a new paintjob in Satin Black with the front grille chrome restored...

Satin Black.Perfect choice.It gives it an "IN YOUR FACE" look.Had to add 20 horsepower on looks alone :cool:

67IMPALA.JPG

Yeah, that does look mean. Although I have to say the two tone teal/brown really did something to accent the chrome, and there's quite a bit of it on the car.

67IMPALA.JPG

Yeah, that does look mean. Although I have to say the two tone teal/brown really did something to accent the chrome, and there's quite a bit of it on the car.

The teal on that car looked good in that picture, but up close at different perspectives, the brown really ruined it. But I do agree, the chrome is subdued with the satin black.

67IMPALA.JPG

The teal on that car looked good in that picture, but up close at different perspectives, the brown really ruined it. But I do agree, the chrome is subdued with the satin black.

Looks sweet! And its street tough cred is helping the neighbour - notice how the red truck with the brush guard backed right off! (thumbs u