• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Sold my '71 Camaro project car awhile back - figured I was going to take a break from the vintage car hobby for a bit and focus on comics and OA.

Until a '67 Impala 2 door fastback caught my eye.

:headbang:

Sam and Dean would be proud.

Pictures :shy:

Sold my '71 Camaro project car awhile back - figured I was going to take a break from the vintage car hobby for a bit and focus on comics and OA.

Do you mean Jan and Dean?

Haha. Them, too.

These guys from Supernatural:

supernatural1.jpg

Here is what I collect besides comics:

Coins

Records (70s punk)

Miniature souvenir monuments

Books (autographed, books by Stephen king, books about 3d, old books which predicted the future')

Movie trading cards

3d baseball cards

1920s magic posters

Travel posters

movie posters

How do you rank em for

enjoyment?

investment?

I asked because I collect just about everything you collect and it be interesting to see how you would rank em.

Comic books will always be number one with me though :cloud9:

Next item up is the screen-used prop book from the X-Files episode "The Ghosts That Stole Christmas." This is the copy that Lily Tomlin hands to David Duchovny in the latter half of the episode. As you can see, the prop department went wild and filled in all the blanks (photos and narration) of the backstory presented in the episode.

2hda7hc.jpg

One of my favorite episodes. That's a supercool prop.

Thanks! it's one or my favorite episodes too, so I was pretty stoked when I won it at auction. Included were scores of photos showing the construction of the haunted house. Here are a few of them:

35m3wq1.jpg2wnqxqb.jpg15xl200.jpg

From the episode 'HOME,' I recently sold the baseball bat that the Peacock brothers used to kill Sheriff Andy Taylor and his wife, as well as the baseball the children were playing with at the beginning of the episode.

My collecting habits are fairly eclectic as you can see by this piece - formerly owned by Natalie Shafer (lovey Howell), this ashtray was given to her as a gift in 1964 by Sherwood Schwartz. There are probably no more than a half dozen in existence. Photos to the side are signed by Vito Scotti and The Wellingtons (who sang the opening theme in the first season).

2a0mcuo.jpg

Pile of vinyls maybe 100 or so.

At least 100 thousand cards. Mostly baseball and basketball.

Seems like the card market is so garbage now, I can't get much for them at all and I want to sell them. I listed a pile of rookie cards on ebay, had griffey, bonds, sosa, mcgwire, ozzie smith, puckett, ichiro, chipper jones, ivan rod, a rod and some others. Not only did it not sell but the page only got like a dozen views in a 5 day listing. Nobody even saw it, which means nobody is even searching for them. I didn't even bother to list my 5,000 card boxes of randoms I didn't look through after that.

I'd sell some here if we had a proper section and interest here.

As for vinyls I have no clue what kind of prices those go for.

Here are some more pictures of my board games. First my Lost in Space board game:

LostinSpaceGame3.jpg

LostinSpaceGame.jpg

LostinSpaceGame2.jpg

Here are my Marvel super hero themed board games:

SuperHeroesGame.jpg

SuperHeroesGameInside.jpg

SuperHeroesGameAgainInside2.jpg

SpiderManGame2.jpg

SpiderManGame.jpg

SpiderManGame4.jpg

Here are a couple of my other superhero board games. First the Superman one:

SupermanGame.jpg

Second, a Transogram game with a great theme but annoyingly ill executed:

MightyComicsSuperHeroesGame.jpg

SuperHeroesGame2.jpg

Pictured on the cover are the Fly, Captain Flag, the Shield, Black Hood and Flygirl. They all look fine, but why was Captain Flag, who had a grand total of only one additional appearance in comics since Blue Ribbon Comics ceased publication in 1942, chosen instead of the Jaguar who not only had his own comic in the early sixties but had ongoing appearances in Pep and Laugh? And why was his name given an extra "g" on the character list at the bottom of the box? Worse yet, who were the Hood, Mr. Fox, Mr. Jag and Mr. Steel? Now Archie had characters named Black Hood, the Fox, the Jaguar and Steel Sterling but not the the Hood, Mr. Fox, Mr. Jag and Mr. Steel. The people at Transogram and Archie Publications were very careless indeed when they brought this game to market.

:mad:

Finally able to take some pictures. I've been busy this weekend taking the pinstriping off the car, which is a tedious, but inexpensive pastime. Best part about this car? It's the same non-factory teal color I painted my old 1970 Impala back in the early 1990's. Amazing coincidence.

67IMPALA.JPG

Finally able to take some pictures. I've been busy this weekend taking the pinstriping off the car, which is a tedious, but inexpensive pastime. Best part about this car? It's the same non-factory teal color I painted my old 1970 Impala back in the early 1990's. Amazing coincidence.

67IMPALA.JPG

(worship) I am not the biggest car guy but that looks great !

Thanks - and believe it or not, the Wife actually likes the car in comparison to the others I've owned in the past few years. So that makes it all the better. I'm gonna have to let some books go to have it, but it's worth it.

The car has 90k original miles, so it's not been beat to Hell, either. She's got a 283 with a 2-barrel carb and a Powerglide transmission - and gets about 19 miles to the gallon!