• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Finally able to take some pictures. I've been busy this weekend taking the pinstriping off the car, which is a tedious, but inexpensive pastime. Best part about this car? It's the same non-factory teal color I painted my old 1970 Impala back in the early 1990's. Amazing coincidence.

67IMPALA.JPG

The car's color - as nostalgic as I was about teal and brown, really wasn't doing it for me. So, combine that with a body and paint guy who needed some Christmas cash and a Dr. Balls sales thread, and I got myself a new paintjob in Satin Black with the front grille chrome restored...

8242614578_906cc17e26_c.jpg

It looks soooo much tougher in black.

Yeah, that does look mean. Although I have to say the two tone teal/brown really did something to accent the chrome, and there's quite a bit of it on the car.

The teal on that car looked good in that picture, but up close at different perspectives, the brown really ruined it. But I do agree, the chrome is subdued with the satin black.

Looks sweet! And its street tough cred is helping the neighbour - notice how the red truck with the brush guard backed right off! (thumbs u

lol

Finally able to take some pictures. I've been busy this weekend taking the pinstriping off the car, which is a tedious, but inexpensive pastime. Best part about this car? It's the same non-factory teal color I painted my old 1970 Impala back in the early 1990's. Amazing coincidence.

67IMPALA.JPG

The car's color - as nostalgic as I was about teal and brown, really wasn't doing it for me. So, combine that with a body and paint guy who needed some Christmas cash and a Dr. Balls sales thread, and I got myself a new paintjob in Satin Black with the front grille chrome restored...

Yeah, that does look mean. Although I have to say the two tone teal/brown really did something to accent the chrome, and there's quite a bit of it on the car.

The teal on that car looked good in that picture, but up close at different perspectives, the brown really ruined it. But I do agree, the chrome is subdued with the satin black.

Looks sweet! And its street tough cred is helping the neighbour - notice how the red truck with the brush guard backed right off! (thumbs u

lol

Dr B,

Cool car :headbang:

Is the trunk full of guns, spikes, swords, knives and other demon killing bits and bobs?

67IMPALA.JPG

Looks very mean Dr. Balls! (worship) Nice cars both of you!

Early American Coins:

1800halfeagle.jpg

1793wreath.jpg

1795fh2lv.jpg

Ankur

I don't collect coins, but those are really quite cool.

Early U.S. gold is freakin' amazing... and the copper and silver ain't bad either ;)

I've gone back into numis-hibernation recently and resumed comics, but yeah, those are righteous (thumbs u

Here's my buddy Deuce posing with a couple of my half pint milk bottles with Walt Disney graphics on the reverse:

DeuceDisney.jpg

DeuceDisney2.jpg

Disneyquarterpintsback.jpg

Disneyquarterpints.jpg

:cool:

You have great tastes. I too collect bottles (among everything else). Great find indeed! Thanks for showing.

67IMPALA.JPG

IMPALA_RIMS03.jpg

One comic book mega-sale later, and the Impala has got some new bigger wheels and tires to fill the fender wells a bit more and a lowered front end to make her look a little tougher. She's come a long way since that grotesque teal and brown thing I had in my driveway last year.

IMPALA_RIMS03.jpg

One comic book mega-sale later, and the Impala has got some new bigger wheels and tires to fill the fender wells a bit more and a lowered front end to make her look a little tougher. She's come a long way since that grotesque teal and brown thing I had in my driveway last year.

That flat black brush and wheel combo looks stunning on the Impala. :applause:

IMPALA_RIMS03.jpg

I agree. Really cool.

Any other upgrades in mind? What is the engine like?

IMPALA_RIMS03.jpg

I agree. Really cool.

Thanks, Oak! I was pretty happy with how the colors and chrome all came together.

The engine is the original 283 2BBL and it's got 91,000 original miles. She's a little tired, but still runs smooth - I'll probably keep that configuration until it won't run any more. After that, it could be Big Block time. The car is a base model, so I'm not real concerned about matching numbers parts and all that.

Right now, I'm trying to locate our local pinstriper because I am thinking about doing some lime green flames - but in outlines, not solid - that I think will look good. It will add a little style and color to the front end, but still let the car be nice and black at the same time.

With any luck, by the end of the year, I'll be able to take out the seats and get them upholstered - I really want some new seats.

IMPALA_RIMS03.jpg

I agree. Really cool.

Thanks, Oak! I was pretty happy with how the colors and chrome all came together.

The engine is the original 283 2BBL and it's got 91,000 original miles. She's a little tired, but still runs smooth - I'll probably keep that configuration until it won't run any more. After that, it could be Big Block time. The car is a base model, so I'm not real concerned about matching numbers parts and all that.

Right now, I'm trying to locate our local pinstriper because I am thinking about doing some lime green flames - but in outlines, not solid - that I think will look good. It will add a little style and color to the front end, but still let the car be nice and black at the same time.

With any luck, by the end of the year, I'll be able to take out the seats and get them upholstered - I really want some new seats.

I used to own a 1964 Impala with a 409 manual,funny thing you had to shift on the tree(steering column).Man could that thing fly. :cloud9:

Three-on-the-tree, baby!!!

:whee:

-slym

That is serious Old School. Love it. I learned to drive stick on a 55 Chevy me and my dad got ( now restored ). Three on the tree and manual steering. Thats man drivin. :ohnoez:

Three-on-the-tree, baby!!!

:whee:

-slym

That is serious Old School. Love it. I learned to drive stick on a 55 Chevy me and my dad got ( now restored ). Three on the tree and manual steering. Thats man drivin. :ohnoez:

:luhv:

Nothing quite like having an old Chevy truck, 3-O-T-tree, no power anything, and having the points get wet so you have to keep the revs up so it won't stall, and then one day having the clutch-cable snap on a rainy day, so stopping for red lights became a grinding-of-gears affair.

I remember when I could fix my own car... *contented sigh*

-slym