• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

1st appearance Deadpool

This book will be up there with Hulk 181 in 10 years

12k will look like a steal

before pressing, maybe, after pressing, no. just look at gi joe 21 as an example and that book is older. :gossip:

Your example confounds me as there are no 9.9 copies of GI Joe 21. ???

A 9.9 GI Joe 21 would make this auction look like it was for a mid-grade Amethyst run.

1st appearance Deadpool

before pressing, maybe, after pressing, no. just look at gi joe 21 as an example and that book is older. :gossip:

i'm just saying after the crazy sale of 21 in 9.8, next thing you know there were like HELLA copies in 9.8 on the census after.

1st appearance Deadpool

A 9.9 GI Joe 21 would make this auction look like it was for a mid-grade Amethyst run.

Gasp!

How DARE you mock Amethyst, only the greate, yeah I got nothin.

1st appearance Deadpool

Gasp!

amethyst001.jpg

It's not just about the eyes. It's about the feel and smell of a comic curling up in your hand.

:gossip:

That's why I don't like trades.

I agree. Plus, prices are so low on reader grade copies of most non-keys, thanks to the steady implosion of non-ultra-HG prices, that they can be picked up for almost nothing.

Now everyone and their sister is going to slab their copy of New Mutants 98. Deadpool in the Wolverine movie looked stupid,looked nothing like him and was only in it for 5 minutes. Don't see how that justifies a $12K+ price,certianly grats to the seller and I have known him since High School, But the buyer is buying a label really. OK now the buyer has a NM #98 9.9...now what?

1st appearance Deadpool

Gasp!

amethyst001.jpg

Showoff.

;)

Now everyone and their sister is going to slab their copy of New Mutants 98. Deadpool in the Wolverine movie looked stupid,looked nothing like him and was only in it for 5 minutes. Don't see how that justifies a $12K+ price,certianly grats to the seller and I have known him since High School, But the buyer is buying a label really. OK now the buyer has a NM #98 9.9...now what?

sup Kev. Thanks for the congrats. Your brother couldn't believe it either. He was the first person I called. :grin:

You gotta let us know when you get that check.

Congrats again! (thumbs u

I will post when a transaction is completed to make the recorded sale official. :wishluck:

Definitely hope it goes thru for you. As much "funning" as is going on in this thread, it really would be "sale of the year".

I may be in the minority, but I really don't think anything is going to replace actual printed comics....or other printed fiction...for a very, very long time.

People at the forefront of this digital "revolution" are totally ignoring the visceral reaction to holding a piece of printed stuff in your hands, kicking back on the couch, and reading it.

Agreed.

They are developing new inks now that are pleasing for your eyes, lets keep a eye out for the new i-tablet, its suppose to be the ultimate comic book reader,It will make you want to read comics online(so they say).

Mythical Apple iTablet to be Ultimate Comic Book Reader?

you know I really have never held out short term hope for ecomics until I read the one sentence in that blog that clicked for me.

I'm going to graph it.

Steve Jobs (largest shareholder in)----->Disney------>Marvel

There is hope.

I may be in the minority, but I really don't think anything is going to replace actual printed comics....or other printed fiction...for a very, very long time.

People at the forefront of this digital "revolution" are totally ignoring the visceral reaction to holding a piece of printed stuff in your hands, kicking back on the couch, and reading it.

Agreed.

They are developing new inks now that are pleasing for your eyes, lets keep a eye out for the new i-tablet, its suppose to be the ultimate comic book reader,It will make you want to read comics online(so they say).

Mythical Apple iTablet to be Ultimate Comic Book Reader?

you know I really have never held out short term hope for ecomics until I read the one sentence in that blog that clicked for me.

I'm going to graph it.

Steve Jobs (largest shareholder in)----->Disney------>Marvel

There is hope.

Thanks, I am glad you caught that, I wanted to see if they would pick up the connection of who is in charge of Marvel now, if Steve Jobs could change the way a majority of people bought thier music, he most certainly could do it to comics. Music Industry is 100 times bigger than the comics industry,about 9 years ago everybody in music collected cds, now look how the landscape has changed in music, cds have now given way to the itune model.

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK