• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

Hi there. I'm new to the boards. Decided to join after reading this thread. I did a google search of "New Mutants 98 9.9" to see what people were saying after the Pedigree auction. Funny, funny, funny stuff. Thought you might like to know...

1. Payment is on its way. Check was mailed out last Thursday morning (I was traveling out of the country on business, or else I would have mailed it sooner).

2. As for the price, I called Doug at Pedigree to assure him that I, in fact, wanted this comic and it wasn't a fluke bid. As you are aware, if you want a 9.9 (or a 10.0) comic of any age, you have to act when it comes up, or risk never ever seeing it again. I'm glad you put it up for sale and I'm glad I bought it. My highest bid at the end (to avoid the stupid bidding war) was $15,000. Post that fact on this board and lets see what's said.

Enjoy the check. I'll enjoy the book. Sounds like a great trade. :)

Be well, my friend.

Best regards,

Brian AKA Boston Corbett

WTTB. What other books you got? :popcorn:

Hi there. I'm new to the boards. Decided to join after reading this thread. I did a google search of "New Mutants 98 9.9" to see what people were saying after the Pedigree auction. Funny, funny, funny stuff. Thought you might like to know...

1. Payment is on its way. Check was mailed out last Thursday morning (I was traveling out of the country on business, or else I would have mailed it sooner).

2. As for the price, I called Doug at Pedigree to assure him that I, in fact, wanted this comic and it wasn't a fluke bid. As you are aware, if you want a 9.9 (or a 10.0) comic of any age, you have to act when it comes up, or risk never ever seeing it again. I'm glad you put it up for sale and I'm glad I bought it. My highest bid at the end (to avoid the stupid bidding war) was $15,000. Post that fact on this board and lets see what's said.

Be well, my friend.

Best regards,

Brian AKA Boston Corbett

Enjoy your book and welcome to the Boards. :applause:

While I can hardly fathom the concept of paying what you did for that book, experience has shown me that I am often too conservative with my money. Perhaps in time, you'll make all of us naysayers eat our words if you resell the book for another record price. Good luck and happy collecting. (thumbs u

All I can say is... You must LOVE Deadpool Brian :) If it makes you happy, then it's not a waste of money. Although, the price still wows me - But mainly because i've never even touched that amount of money, let alone spent that amount on a comic book :P

Be well, my friend.

Best regards,

Brian AKA Boston Corbett

I can't possibly express to you how much this made my day. Not just the fact that the check is on its way but more that the facts are laid out in black and white, plain and simple right here on the boards! :cloud9: After someone posting my "shill" bidding, I now feel vindicated. There were those who had my back though so thank you to those guys. I did get a lot of congrats from people on the sale and now its due time the Buyer got his. The man won what he set out to win and if that's what he likes(I know I loved it for a long time) then more power to him. Congrats on the new book. (thumbs u :applause::headbang::banana:

Be well, my friend.

Best regards,

Brian AKA Boston Corbett

Enjoy your book and welcome to the Boards. :applause:

While I can hardly fathom the concept of paying what you did for that book, experience has shown me that I am often too conservative with my money. Perhaps in time, you'll make all of us naysayers eat our words if you resell the book for another record price. Good luck and happy collecting. (thumbs u

WTTB I hope you love the book

Be well, my friend.

Best regards,

Brian AKA Boston Corbett

WTTB :grin: Edited by Marvelfangirl

Doggonit! Let me sensationalize just a little!

:makepoint:

A little?...you've done it for 26,896 posts so far :baiting:

Jim

I think he is still warming up.... hm

Hey, I'm the old guy on the ball court. It takes me about 2 hours to get warmed up. I'm usually just getting started when the game is over.

:whee:

R.

My highest bid at the end (to avoid the stupid bidding war) was $15,000. Post that fact on this board and lets see what's said.

You thought you *avoided* a bidding war....?

Hey, man, welcome to the boards, and more power to you that you can buy what you like...

...but please.....suffer no illusions that you paid $12,000 for a difference that 99,999 out of 100,000 people wouldn't be able to point out, rendering it negligible.

Do not misunderstand: this is not a begrudging of you spending your money the way you want. If it makes you happy, that is the only thing that matters. But also do not misunderstand that you paid the premium for what the label says...not for any actual difference between this book and any of a number of strong 9.8s.

(thumbs u

My highest bid at the end (to avoid the stupid bidding war) was $15,000. Post that fact on this board and lets see what's said.

You thought you *avoided* a bidding war....?

Hey, man, welcome to the boards, and more power to you that you can buy what you like...

...but please.....suffer no illusions that you paid $12,000 for a difference that 99,999 out of 100,000 people wouldn't be able to point out, rendering it negligible.

Do not misunderstand: this is not a begrudging of you spending your money the way you want. If it makes you happy, that is the only thing that matters. But also do not misunderstand that you paid the premium for what the label says...not for any actual difference between this book and any of a number of strong 9.8s.

(thumbs u

Trouble...thy name is Amadeus...