• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

What comic book work has Yancey Labat done?

I must admit, I am not familiar with him and wondering is there a demand for sig series on this guy?

oh boy here we go...

no 2 people would be interested in his signature, actually 3 come to think of it...

Kris

Yancey's Mom

The Stylus Pad at Wal-Mart (which is not really a person, but we will say it is)

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

Evil Jon is on a roll . . .

Evil jon is about to get shanked. As for people who care. Jon is Right Not too many people care. So no he is not popular. That does not mean it is easy to get his signature. It is actually impossible.

You should go cut his lawn and demand he pay you by check. It won't be SS, but it's a sig.

lawn-mower.gif

I like your thinking. Maybe I should mow his lawn and demand he sign my comic for payment

How about celebrities like Ben Affleck, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Halle Berry or Jessica Alba? Are there any SS books out there signed by them?

They aren't impossible. It is just a matter of timing. Celebrities go to movie premiers, film festivals, ect. When they go if you are there close with a marker they will sign.

I got Jeff Bridges on 2 comics for SS at a movie premier. I Got Charlize Theron on a magazine at the AFI Film Festival for SS. Natasha Henstridge in the green room at SDCC on 4 comics for SS.

These are just some examples. Celebrities are rather easy if you get near them.

But we can add Samuel L. Jackson to the list. He turned me down flat twice. Even had his security push me out of the way.

We are to 11. on the impossible list. Everybody pick someone off the list (not Bill Mantlo Please do not bother him) and make it their goal for 2010 to get them to sign atleast one item for SS.

1. George Lucas

2. Stephen King

3. Steve Ditko

4. Alan Moore

5. Harrison Ford

6. Barack Obama

7. Bill Mantlo

8. Jeff Jones (maybe)

9. Stephen Platt (for now)

10. Yancey Labat

11. Samuel L. Jackson

I pick Jeff Jones. He is my project.

Somewhere in texas should pick Barack Obama He knows people who might be able to make it happen because he is a lawyer.

Everybody else pick yours and make it known.

You can pick the same person but once they have been obtained on at least 3 signature series they no longer count as impossible and you need to pick some one else.

This will be like a game

But we can add Samuel L. Jackson to the list. He turned me down flat twice. Even had his security push me out of the way.

You missed your chance, as soon as they push you go to the ground, grab your ankle like it's broken and scream bloody murder.

At that point he can either stop and sign your comics and apologize or you can get his signature at the bottom of his response to the assault and battery complaint. :devil:

You missed your chance, as soon as they push you go to the ground, grab your ankle like it's broken and scream bloody murder.

At that point he can either stop and sign your comics and apologize or you can get his signature at the bottom of his response to the assault and battery complaint. :devil:

HEAR HEAR! :thumbsup:

(note to self....add 2 new methods to obtaining signatures. The "Sam Jackson" method and the "I drove all night to be here", hereforth known as our own Kobayashi Maru.)

How about celebrities like Ben Affleck, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Halle Berry or Jessica Alba? Are there any SS books out there signed by them?

They aren't impossible. It is just a matter of timing. Celebrities go to movie premiers, film festivals, ect. When they go if you are there close with a marker they will sign.

I got Jeff Bridges on 2 comics for SS at a movie premier. I Got Charlize Theron on a magazine at the AFI Film Festival for SS. Natasha Henstridge in the green room at SDCC on 4 comics for SS.

Do witnesses attend movie premiers or film festivals per request to obtain sigs?

If the standard is they're "rather easy if you get near them," then you might as well cross George Lucas and Harrison Ford off the list. I don't think either of them has told you to your face that they would not sign a book, and they make plenty of public appearances. I still say that until someone gets them to sign something, they're impossible. :makepoint:

Hugh Jackman is a recent example of somebody coming off the impossible list because two people were able to get him to sign one item each, but most would still say that he's no easier to get now than he was before.

Do witnesses attend movie premiers or film festivals per request to obtain sigs?

I'd love to do this and I'm now keeping my eyes open to anything within 400 miles. As luck would have it, the theater closest to me is one of the top-selling Regal theaters in the countries and they get a few premieres every year. In fact, the main girl from and one of the main guys from the Twilight movie were there last night for the premiere there. I can see the theater from my front porch, it's so close. I'm keeping my ear to the tracks for future ones.

Kevin Boyd can't be too far from a major theater as he was the witness who helped a boardie get Megan Fox, Colin Ferrell, and Jennifer Garner.

If anyone ever gets wind of a premiere, please post it.

The Toronto International Film Festival is a great place to meet celebs. But really, Jason did all the work, I just hung out across the street.

I have some friends who are autograph hounds and they have something going on most nights... I went down and met one of them a few weeks ago and he helped me get two Spider-Man: The Short Halloweens signed by Seth Meyers from SNL.

If the standard is they're "rather easy if you get near them," then you might as well cross George Lucas and Harrison Ford off the list. I don't think either of them has told you to your face that they would not sign a book, and they make plenty of public appearances. I still say that until someone gets them to sign something, they're impossible. :makepoint:

Hugh Jackman is a recent example of somebody coming off the impossible list because two people were able to get him to sign one item each, but most would still say that he's no easier to get now than he was before.

I just got two more books signed by Hugh Jackman last week. :acclaim:

I thought of that but I didn't want to do that.

I just got two more books signed by Hugh Jackman last week. :acclaim:

Let me check the JJ Meter...

Don Mattingly Fan (my favorite all time player)

Got 2 Hugh Jackman sigs...

I like this guy!!!!!! (worship)

I feel Evil JJ fading...