• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston in April! WOW!!!

311 posts in this topic

Yes. We have them now because Andy didnt get his.

You bringing any to sell at the show? I'm also thinking I will pick up more self-stick CGC bags if you have them. The 500 I bought last time were not enough. Which is kinda sad. :(

Also, I need CGC self stick bags for "thick" regular sized slabs and maybe some magazine sized slabs as well. You guys make these?

How about regular bags and board for treasury sized books?

And, I need a driver's side rear pinion clip for a 1961 Barracuda.

And, I need a driver's side rear pinion clip for a 1961 Barracuda.

go to hotclips.com

And pick a non-Mopar marquee next time. There weren't no Barracuda's in 1961. :makepoint:

You ever see "My Cousin Vinny"?

D.A. Jim Trotter: Does that mean that you can't answer it?

Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bull---- question, it's impossible to answer.

D.A. Jim Trotter: Impossible because you don't know the answer!

Mona Lisa Vito: Nobody could answer that question!

D.A. Jim Trotter: Your Honor, I move to disqualify Ms. Vito as a "expert witness"!

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Can you answer the question?

Mona Lisa Vito: No, it is a trick question!

Judge Chamberlain Haller: Why is it a trick question?

Vinny Gambini: [to Bill] Watch this.

Mona Lisa Vito: 'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center.

:)

I had a '73 Charger in high school and was a big mopar fanatic.

Well all... it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I don't think I'm going to get approved to miss my classes on Saturday (ugh to teaching at a six-day-a-week school) and my wife is not letting me off the hook with Sunday.

:tonofbricks:

So, if you guys could take lots of pics for the reports, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Well all... it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I don't think I'm going to get approved to miss my classes on Saturday (ugh to teaching at a six-day-a-week school) and my wife is not letting me off the hook with Sunday.

:(

So, if you guys could take lots of pics for the reports, I'd greatly appreciate it!

The kids must really love going to school on Saturdays. Try to talk your wife into going for a shopping trip in Boston while you are at the con on the Sunday.

Really? My high school did. It was a catholic high school in New Hampshire so i'm sure it's different.

Catholic schools run on a different overall operating structure than independent schools and often affiliated with public school districts despite operating separately. Traditional boarding schools, however, are beasts of a whole different variety and penny-pinch like I have never seen before. Anyhow, another conversation for another day I suppose. Alas... it will not be this time but hopefully there will be another show in the fall and I will be teaching elsewhere :wishluck:

The kids must really love going to school on Saturdays.

If it's like the school here in Pomfret, the kids only take classes for half of the day. The rest of the day they do "activities" (music, art, etc) and a sport (both are required though). There are only a few classes on Saturday and are done by 11 am, though they usually have a game in their chosen sport that afternoon.

Right... but Pomfret is a much closer trip to Boston being on the far east side of the state (and therefore just south of B-Town) whereas Litchfield is in the exact opposite end. Plus, we don't wrap up til noon. By the time I got there, there'd be little time left of the show. :(

So you live in Pomfret, huh? We play them once in a moon in wrestling and we regularly hold our league coaches meeting there. Long way out there but gorgeous country.

Right... Plus, we don't wrap up til noon. By the time I got there, there'd be little time left of the show. :(

Heck sometimes I only make it for the last hour of the con, but I do get a lot covered. Go for it. :baiting:

You would still be able to go to the dinner. I'm probably going to be my late self on Sunday so with a new venue I'll have to find the guests first. (heck, I don't have any money to spend on books so I'll just enjoy what I can)