• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 3:18 PM, gadzukes said:

A 9.2 purchased at the end of 2020 would have been an AMAZING investment if you were able to find one.

Thanks.  The sale listing was actually listed on these boards.  The seller was taking bids and I looked at my savings account and said here is my bid to the last dollar.  A month later, seller calls to tell me my bid won.  I was nervous even after winning LOL.  

Edited by Bluemedgroup

On 1/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

AF15

Hulk 1

FF 1

SC 4

X-Men 1

ASM 1

JIM 83

To me these are the true top SA keys worth holding onto long term sure there are others people will say but these are the ones I truly believe in.

That's a great list but TOS 39 needs to be there as well.  It tends to track pretty closely with JIM 83.

On 1/31/2022 at 1:12 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

Yes sir, that was me.  After my initial failures, I gave myself enough collecting and investing knowledge to be comfortable and confident with the huge decision to pull the trigger on that book.  If I hadn't, probably at least half that money would be collecting 0.5% interest in a cash savings account today.   

Great story........and congrats overall.     At this risk of being nosy, were you tempted to sell or were you able to put the high sales by mid-year out of your mind?    

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-75-white-pages/a/122207-13981.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-endofauction

this gorgeous 7.5 white page x-men1 just sold for 63k yesterday on heritage. the all time high in this grade was 75k, once last month, and once last spring. so this is a bit down from that. if i had been the seller i would have hoped for at least 75k total hammer price including bp. 

xmen1-heritage.jpg

So good deals can still be had.  That's good, right? To provide a little more information, the last three sales of a blue 7.5 were 1/14/22 White (dark-green cover) for $66K; 1/31/22 Off-White for $75K (light-green cover; matching all-time high); and this 2/14/22 White (dark-green cover) for $63K, a 16% drop.  Significant, but I blame recent market jitters and expect it's temporary.  The $75K record had previously been set in May for an OW/W (dark-green cover), which was followed in November by a $55200 sale for an OW/W (dark-green cover) before those three sales in 2022.   So those were the 5 most-recent sales of a 7.5, as far as I know.   

The recent 1/31/22 record-tying $75K sale was the light-green version, which should interest those who subscribe to the dark-green vs light-green cover debate (I don't and think both are fine). 

Edited by Pantodude

On 2/15/2022 at 9:08 AM, alexgross.com said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-vf-75-white-pages/a/122207-13981.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-endofauction

this gorgeous 7.5 white page x-men1 just sold for 63k yesterday on heritage. the all time high in this grade was 75k, once last month, and once last spring. so this is a bit down from that. if i had been the seller i would have hoped for at least 75k total hammer price including bp. 

xmen1-heritage.jpg

No kidding, that's a GORGEOUS 7.5.  Nice bright white cover, not see thru.  Someone got a good deal.  Or perhaps HA forgot to shill bid on this one :flipbait:

On 2/15/2022 at 11:12 AM, Dark Knight said:

Or perhaps the book is cooling off after its meteoric rise starting in late 2020/early 2021.  I believe X-Men #1 was the first major silver age key that began the rising in market values with the rest followed after.

no doubt this is true to some extent-

On 2/15/2022 at 12:30 PM, Pantodude said:

So good deals can still be had.  That's good, right? To provide a little more information, the last three sales of a blue 7.5 were 1/14/22 White (dark-green cover) for $66K; 1/31/22 Off-White for $75K (light-green cover; matching all-time high); and this 2/14/22 White (dark-green cover) for $63K, a 16% drop.  Significant, but I blame recent market jitters and expect it's temporary.  The $75K record had previously been set in May for an OW/W (dark-green cover), which was followed in November by a $55200 sale for an OW/W (dark-green cover) before those three sales in 2022.   So those were the 5 most-recent sales of a 7.5, as far as I know.   

The recent 1/31/22 record-tying $75K sale was the light-green version, which should interest those who subscribe to the dark-green vs light-green cover debate (I don't and think both are fine). 

Is there really a "thing" on light green vs dark green?.   If so, Mine is "Dark Green". So, am I part of the cool kid crowd? or does that belong to "light greeners" :shiftyeyes:

On 2/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, GAMBIT said:

Is there really a "thing" on light green vs dark green?.   If so, Mine is "Dark Green". So, am I part of the cool kid crowd? or does that belong to "light greeners" :shiftyeyes:

It's just that some people have preferences, and it goes both ways.  These preferences are sometimes voiced on the boards.  The cover variations are distinct enough that it would be cool to own both, whatever one's preference!       

On 2/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Pantodude said:

It's just that some people have preferences, and it goes both ways.  These preferences are sometimes voiced on the boards.  The cover variations are distinct enough that it would be cool to own both, whatever one's preference!       

I’m team darkside green. 

On 2/21/2022 at 12:39 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

I’m team darkside green. 

Funny thing, for the longest I thought I had both versions.  I was cool with that since I have no preference.  But now knowing both are dark green, I want a light green one, too!  Wish I had known that even two years ago before the runnup in XM1 prices.    

Edited by Pantodude