• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

I still can't believe you weren't furnished with a user name and password to manage your listings, accept bids, decline bids or counter bids.

Could be he figured that was Dougies job and would be notified of such. After all what do Doug collect his percentage for? (shrug)

The same thing ComicLink gets paid for... providing the selling venue and the market exposure. Plus, at that time I believe Doug was only charging 8% commission.

So if I understand you "providing the selling venue and the market exposure" is all that is required. No addition "customer support" should/would be included?

CL has there issues as well. Moot.

As for the 8% commission, set by Doug, is to be understood as you get what you pay for?

their

lol

Go play in your sandbox grammar policeman. :baiting:

J/K. Thanks for your service. Get home safe!

I still can't believe you weren't furnished with a user name and password to manage your listings, accept bids, decline bids or counter bids.

Could be he figured that was Dougies job and would be notified of such. After all what do Doug collect his percentage for? (shrug)

The same thing ComicLink gets paid for... providing the selling venue and the market exposure. Plus, at that time I believe Doug was only charging 8% commission.

So if I understand you "providing the selling venue and the market exposure" is all that is required. No addition "customer support" should/would be included?

CL has there issues as well. Moot.

As for the 8% commission, set by Doug, is to be understood as you get what you pay for?

their

lol

Go play in your sandbox grammar policeman. :baiting:

J/K. Thanks for your service. Get home safe!

safely

That's not exactly what I said. Plus, you're only getting VK's side of the story. The way he carries himself here my shed a little light on to the reason why Doug has been lax in responding to his emails. Not to trivialize the issue, but it seems he was paid by Doug, the book that weren't sold were returned and the only (Doug) issue he has is books that were returned to him are still listed for sale on Pedigree's web site.

I can agree with that. VK was paid as was Doug. The deal benefited both at that point. So why not remove the books if requested and not sour a relationship? That be my one single issue to struggle with here. As I believe it is VK's as well.

You may not care for how VK "carries" himself. I may or may not as well. But Doug has had "issues" in the morality department. In all fairness VT may as well (no offense VT). We have heard the VT story. Doug has the same opportunity.

That's not exactly what I said. Plus, you're only getting VK's side of the story. The way he carries himself here my shed a little light on to the reason why Doug has been lax in responding to his emails. Not to trivialize the issue, but it seems he was paid by Doug, the books that weren't sold were returned and the only (Doug) issue he has is books that were returned to him are still listed for sale on Pedigree's web site.

Good points. However, the last part would be enough to get my dander up slightly, especially if I had asked the person repeatedly to take the books down. Even more so if I was getting the impression I was intentionally being ignored. IMO, if I'm Doug, why the would I keep books up on my site that I know, that I've been told, are not for sale? Really it's a head scratcher. The only reason for me to keep the books up is to appear to fatten up my inventory in an attempt to make me look "better"? OK, why not go swipe some scans from other sites and toss 'em into my "inventory"? I hear CC is going to have another Action 1? Why not drop that little doozy into my offerings?

Let's say in the off chance his email spam filter is on 'roids and he hasn't gotten VK's requests, Doug seems to have enough homies on here that you think somebody would scratch a brothers back and say, "yo, Dougie Fresh, take those listings down b/c people are raking your azz over the coals"

So why not remove the books if requested and not sour a relationship?

My guess is the relationship soured before this crossroad was ever reached. However, it's beyond me why someone would want keep items that aren't available for purchase on their web site and sucking up bandwidth in the first place.

That's not exactly what I said. Plus, you're only getting VK's side of the story. The way he carries himself here my shed a little light on to the reason why Doug has been lax in responding to his emails. Not to trivialize the issue, but it seems he was paid by Doug, the books that weren't sold were returned and the only (Doug) issue he has is books that were returned to him are still listed for sale on Pedigree's web site.

Good points. However, the last part would be enough to get my dander up slightly, especially if I had asked the person repeatedly to take the books down. Even more so if I was getting the impression I was intentionally being ignored. IMO, if I'm Doug, why the would I keep books up on my site that I know, that I've been told, are not for sale? Really it's a head scratcher. The only reason for me to keep the books up is to appear to fatten up my inventory in an attempt to make me look "better"? OK, why not go swipe some scans from other sites and toss 'em into my "inventory"? I hear CC is going to have another Action 1? Why not drop that little doozy into my offerings?

Let's say in the off chance his email spam filter is on 'roids and he hasn't gotten VK's requests, Doug seems to have enough homies on here that you think somebody would scratch a brothers back and say, "yo, Dougie Fresh, take those listings down b/c people are raking your azz over the coals"

I don't know. Why would someone else be bothered to pick up the telephone when the owner of the books won't?

I don't know. Why would someone else be bothered to pick up the telephone when the owner of the books won't?

Well, we could do the finger pointing, blame-game dance all night long.

Based on what VK has stated, he's had email correspondence with Doug in the past. Therefore, he has no reason to believe that his emails aren't getting through to him. Hence, he's feeling as if he's being deliberately ignored. What evidence does he have to suggest a phone call is going to have a different result?

If it were me, I'd have picked up the phone and gotten Doug on the line and asked him to take them down. I'd probably try a couple of times actually. But that's me.

As for your question. I dunno. I have friends. If Doug was my friend and he was getting beaten up on some forum and I thought he didn't know about it, i'd probably reach out to him. Why? 'Cause I get my homie's back. That's how I roll. (shrug)

So why not remove the books if requested and not sour a relationship?

My guess is the relationship soured before this crossroad was ever reached.

\

Could be. However, VT has stated this is in the area of 2 years old. That's a long time to hold out. Patience he has maybe.

. Why would someone else be bothered to pick up the telephone when the owner of the books won't?

Cause the man returned the books and knows he longer has them for sale. He doesn't need to pick up the phone or return e-mail. Just end up in posts like this. That simple.

I've emailed him a few times before and never get a response. Is there some particular type of stink-bait I should use to lure him from the nest?

Yes, just use this as the title for your email -

RE: 9.8 SILVER AGE MARVELS LOOKING FOR CONSIGNMENT HOME - LOTS OF NON-COLOR BREAKING WEAR ALSO.

I don't know.

I keep posting hoping to get the last post in if the thread gets locked. I need the points... that and I drank too much caffeine and I can't go to sleep...maybe if Transplant would come and post some more... or perhaps Nerf.

I've emailed him a few times before and never get a response. Is there some particular type of stink-bait I should use to lure him from the nest?

RE: 9.8 SILVER AGE MARVELS LOOKING FOR CONSIGNMENT HOME - LOTS OF POTENTIAL.

Fixed it :insane:

lol

Again, I'm not saying that Doug didn't fail to execute the most basic services properly. The only reason for my post was I thought that blaming the $2K cost on Doug was a bit disingenuous.

I'm not blaming the cost on Doug. I am saying that if I knew what type of service I'd get, I would have avoided all costs, and SAVED $2k by selling them raw by myself. There wasn't much difference in the sales prices I realized between the slabbed and unslabbed issues. Certainly not enough to justify an additional $2k expenditure upon. You live, you learn.

I don't know.

I keep posting hoping to get the last post in if the thread gets locked. I need the points... that and I drank too much caffeine and I can't go to sleep...maybe if Transplant would come and post some more... or perhaps Nerf.

lol

That be better than Olive Garden heart burn....... :kidaround:

RE: 9.8 SILVER AGE MARVELS LOOKING FOR CONSIGNMENT HOME - LOTS OF NON-COLOR BREAKING WEAR ALSO.

If they're already 9.8s, why would they also have non-color breaking wear?

I don't know.

lol

That be better than Olive Garden heart burn....... :kidaround:

Olive Garden? Pft! Amateur. Load up on Krystals or Taco Bell right about now. Woo hoo! :flamed:

I don't know.

I've always wondered about that. Caffeine has no effect on me at all. As a young adult I used to go to bed with a soda. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, have a few slugs and fall back to sleep. When the red bull craze hit, i'd pop 6 or 7 RB's and vodka and nothing. My newest kick is Crunk. Taste so damned good it should be illegal. It's my guilty pleasure.

can_pomegranate.gif